May 10th Summit Main

Ryan95

The last time I was at Summit there were cones in the middle of the carousel. That was July 08. Have conditions improved? After turning hundreds of laps there over the last 8 years, I won't waste my time to go if the track is crap like it was last year.

jsin38

Was just there on April 13 and thought the surface was fine. Keep in mind that I am sloooooow.

T1 and T5 have the usual bumps and grooves so use the first session to do recon. Stay on the patch as you exit T6.

There are several events of both the two and four wheeled varieties between now and May 10. Hard to say if this will have negative effects on the surface.

x7tristan

Brian Laws;49981 wrote: Hells yea! Bike should be 100 % by then easy.
Hey Brian! Good to hear you got your starter problem worked out (not sure if you remember me, but you helped me out a few TDs last year)

Are you going to be CRin on Main and if so what group? I'm still in need of some help so if you or any CRs out there want to help me out in B group that would be awesome!

See you out there!
TJ #777 B
'07 600RR

Race Day Photo

I am not trying to start trouble. But are Motards banned from SUmmit Main also? And is this from all groups, or just advanced. I am working the track the day before and the day after. But I have the 10th off. But I only have 2 track bikes. A DRZ400SM and a KTM690SMC. Most say the KTM just looks like a Motard and is really a super duke in dirt gear. Would I be able to ride it in the beginner or Intermediate Group?

Race Day Photo

A ban across all groups. Interesting. I can see why you would do it in the advanced groups. At that level people are can get serious about their lap times and pushing serious speeds. But at the beginner and intermediate levels, it seems much. Especially now when money is tight. Motards are a cheaper way to still do track days. The poor mans track bike for sure. It lets us poor people do more more dates for less money. More dates means more money for the club. Which may mean more dates for the club.
On the other hand I have seen some real crappy motards out there. Lots blow up. And can make a mess of things. But factory built/street legal bikes should be reviewed on a bike per bike basis. My KTM 690 SMC is bone stock. Weighs 305 lbs and puts out around 60hp(they say 65, but I doubt it). It will do up to around 120 mph and keeps up most lightweight sportbikes except on the big straights. Its faster then most old Hawks and EX500s and hangs with stock sv's. Long story short, it keeps the pace and is not likely to explode. At the last Roger Lyle date I lapped or passed almost everyone in the intermediate group with it. And it was my first weekend on the track with it. And only my third time ever on main. And that was with not being allowed to pass in the turns. Like I said before, it looks like a Motard, but Motard guys say its a 690 Duke in Dirt Clothes.

photo-1.jpg

1literduceater

Closes speeds are going to be there in all 3 groups. Not knocking the motard thing not at all I want one. I just know I have been on the track with them (JC and Pocono East) and even in those little straights it was a little hairy. Safety first for all parties.

Clarus

What is the hard rule for motards though? I can't find it in the rule book [yes I checked]. Thinking 60+ hp is close to equivalent to my SV. That being said, closing speeds on my SV in the I group can get DAMN hairy at Summit Main, but would it be that much worse on a motard?

Race Day Photo

1literduceater;51204 wrote: Closes speeds are going to be there in all 3 groups. Not knocking the motard thing not at all I want one. I just know I have been on the track with them (JC and Pocono East) and even in those little straights it was a little hairy. Safety first for all parties.

IMG_1769.jpg

I can see your point. Some of these liter bikes really throw out the ancher in the turns. And really kill the Motards drive. I can't count how many times I had to take a weird line or jam on the brakes to avoid some of these big trigger pullers.

Its all good. Safety First. :doh:

Dave561

Control Rider
Everytime you do an event you confirm the following at checkout. Proably should read it ;)

ACCEPTANCE OF POLICES
Typing your name is the same as your signature indicating that you agree with NESBA’s policies as they are set forth in the NESBA Riders' Manual. The manual can be downloaded here.
AGE RESTRICTION
You must be 16 years of age to participate in an event with NESBA. Your parent and/or guardian must be present at the event to sign the release waiver.
RAIN POLICY
If we do not roll a wheel on the track and the event is canceled due to rain, you will receive a 100% credit to be used at another NESBA event. Rain credit is only good for one calendar year from the time of the cancellation. Credits can be used via your online profile. If we get rained out after an event has started, there will be NO credits or refunds issued. If you choose not to show up and we ride, you will not receive any credit. If you choose not to show up and we cancel the event, you will receive a 100% credit for another NESBA event, to be used within one calendar year. NESBA will ride on a wet track. However, there may be circumstances when we feel it is not safe enough to ride and cancel the event. This will be determined only on the day of the event. NESBA reserves the right to adjust this policy anytime without notice.
MOTARD EXCLUSION
Motards are prohibited from NESBA track events on all but the following tracks: Pocono - East. Riders attempting to attend events with a motard at other tracks will be turned away during tech and registration with no credit given for the day.

CANCELLATION POLICY
Once you have registered for a track day, you may cancel up to 15 day’s prior to the event without penalty, with the exception of a $5 processing fee. You can choose to have a full refund or credit applied to you account. If you cancel between 15 and seven days before an event, a full credit will be applied to your account. If you cancel within seven days of the event, 100% of the track fee will be forfeited.