MC Store in NJ/NYC with decent selection of race gloves/boots?

slipstreamv2

I'm in the market (currently looking at held phantom gloves), but I want to get the sizing right before I buy. Is there a motorcycle store that stocks a large selection of race gear (gloves/boots) that I can go to try on before I buy?

I'm in north NJ/NYC area, but I can't find any stores around me that have a much of a selection.

Also, anyone know how to get in touch with the trackside vendor for NJMP? Gonna be there the Sept 15th, and wanna see if they might stock some gear that I'm interested in.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I haven't found any stores around that stock a lot of gear. Washington Cycle Works has Held gloves. The place I know of with a good selection is Montgomeryville Cycle, but they're out in Hatfield, PA.

Maybe someone else knows more, hopefully.

The trackside vendor is Markbilt. He has hard parts, not sure about gear. Tire vendor is Shagmoto.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I'd call Washington Cycle Works first, it's been years since I was there and they didn't have a huge selection.

Pseudolus

Hey Slipstream,

My advice is call Sportbike trackgear.com. They will work with you to get the right size, assuming they stock that item. For my wife's jacket, they compared her measurements to a woman who worked there to make an educated guess and it was spot on. You could measure your hands and they'll find someone with similar measurements to try on a glove, they're that good with customer service. Their prices have been going up though since they blew up so you may want to find the lowest price on the internet and ask them to match, which they will gladly do.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Washington Cycle Works will take care of you ..... bought all my gloves and boots there. They know what they're doing.

HaVoC

Todd from Heroic is at most track days and ccs/asra races.He's in Bayside Queens.
Take a look at his apparel.

miticale

Picked up a pair of boots last minute from Todd saturday morning, great guy & surprisingly good selection considering he was operating out of a truck.

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
It's always nice when Todd can attend our events..... he's customer oriented and definitely pays attention to the important details.