Me gots a new bike!

PJZOCC624

I know all you NE'ers have been waiting, suffering long sleepless nights wondering when I would get a bike and what it would be. I'm sorry to keep you all in the lurch for so long!:D

Well, I got a new used 04 GIXXER-6. :congrats: Picked it up and brought it home Friday and tore it apart. So now it's in pieces in the garage. I've already been compiling a list of upgrades, and will be spending more money on it then I plan on telling my wife I did! Hopefully I'll be at Beave first weekend in September.

BIG HUGE THANKS TO JEFF HOFMANN for the assist with the trailer! :adore: You da man Jeffy! (May I call you Jeffy???)

Planned list of upgrades:
-rear shock (opinions anyone?)
-fuzzy dice to hang from fairing stay
-get the forks done
-2 words: curb feelers
-brake pads

That's the short and quick list. It's got steel lines, plastics, rearsets, full Yosh exhuast, PCIII. Anyone wanna throw out some suggestions?

Thinking about auctioning off the rights to repaint it on EBAY....:idea:

Rhino

Gixxer 600's are the shiznitz! Good choice.

Here are some ideas:
-Woodcraft Case Covers
-Woodcraft Clip-ons
-GP / Vortex fairing stay
-520 chain conversion with new sprockets (I run 15 - 46 better accerleration for my big ass)
-For rear shock, I would suggest the penske ... easier to rebuild and service (Double click is fine, tripple clicker not necessary, but can be had for $600 used)
-I have traxxion valves in my front end, they work great but may set you back $500 - $600 just for the four valves)
-and if you still have money left over .... a dynojet quickshifter.

PJZOCC624

Thanks Rhino! Good suggestions! Case covers... yeah, missed that one. Gotta get some of them.

Do you have issues with the clearance of your clip-ons over the ram-air tubes? Not so much the clipons, but your hands ON the clip-ons? Not a riding issue, but cant turn to lock with my hands on the bars. Bodywork fitting off maybe???

Rhino

PJ,

The Woodcraft clipons are adjustable, if you turn them too far in to the bike they will cause you're hands to contact the tank before steering to lock. I have never had a problem with the ram air tubes, but although i have an '04 engine in my bike, the rest of the chasis and body work is an '03.

Don't forget to get some stomp grip for the tank!

Also you can look into some CRG levers and if you really have some money to blow look at a new Brembo brake master cylinder and some free floating rotors or a yoyodine slipper clutch! The list of potential items is only limited by the bank account or wife in some of our cases.

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
PJ,

Send your forks out to Peter Kates at:

GMD Computrack Boston
11 Summer St
Bellingham, MA 02019
(508)-876-9407

Peter has done mine, Bucks, and Cooney's forks. Make sure you let him know you're with NESBA and mention Buck (they are good friends). Let me know if you need anything, my 04 750 is very simular. :cool:

Pascal

congrats again dude!

Peter Kates also did my forks and Kevins - top knotch guy!
Penske double on the rear
clean the rotors and go to vesrah RJL's
put some wheel weights on the steering stops and get a dampner
spoon on some Pirellis and lets roll!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Yes I do, but it's got some war wounds on her. I replaced it when I rebuilt my bike form my little mishap. You’re welcome to look at it and see if it's something you'd want.

sportbikerchic

You all made of money or something? Just ride the damn bike! LOL. (And ahhh, pass me some wealth please. I need more goodies on my bike!)

Congrats on the new ride!

Petrov

Why are aftermarket clip-ons so popular? Whats the difference between after market and oem?
Oh grats on the gsxr

PJZOCC624

gsxrida1980;1585 wrote: however this thread is useless without pics
Most of my threads are useless.... plus, my home computer has sheet the bed:banghead: and I can't post any pics. Hopefully in the next week or so I'll have a new one. (Work won't let me download pics onto the computer here....)

PJZOCC624

Petrov;1609 wrote: Why are aftermarket clip-ons so popular? Whats the difference between after market and oem?
Oh grats on the gsxr
Cheaper than OEM (unless you buy used), and outside of bodywork, probably most often broken piece on the bike. Plus they're shinier and prettier! They come in colors!

Katie785

You can also get them in different degrees to change the angle up. I know moto-r sells them in 5, 7, and 9 degrees.

PJZOCC624

sportbikerchic;1546 wrote: You all made of money or something? Just ride the damn bike! LOL.

!
I've got 7 weeks before I can get to the track again.... so I've got some time for with which to tinker with it! Besides, half the fun of a new ride is buying sh*t for it!

rk97

PJZOCC17;1629 wrote: I've got 7 weeks before I can get to the track again.... so I've got some time for with which to tinker with it! Besides, half the fun of a new ride is buying sh*t for it!
well, that and you did sell the 1000.

rk97

unfortunately that weekend looks unlikely. work stuff.

I MIGHT be able to make sunday. I'll keep my eyes open for anyone looking to get rid of a spot last-minute if that ends up being the case :)