Michelin Tires?

78tlrider

To All:

This may be a typical question so maybe you guys can point me in the right direction. I currently am running a michelin power one v front tire. Size 120/70 R17. I ride a 07 gsxr 1000. I do use tire warmers. My front suspension is stock. I've also just currently been bumped into the I group which means, of course we are riding harder and faster.

I've done 7 trackdays and wanted to know if it may be time to trade up. In the past a set of tires got me through an entire season. I've already replaced my rear.

Thoughts? Thanks Guys.:dunno:

buzz-06

If your asking yourself weather or not it needs changed go ahead and change it. We all want our minds as clear as possible when were on the track, hard to do if your worried about your front end all day. A new tire is much cheaper than a crash.

78tlrider

AirCooled;208150 wrote: What exactly do you mean by trading up? What are you currently running on the rear?
I run a michelin power race (discontinued) soft tire on the rear. By "trading up" I meant replace.

erick1670

get a new set....

I just replace mine with 10 or 12 days on that front Power One B and i got 6 days with the first rear and 5 or 6 on the last Power Race med/soft, now going slicks Pilots :D

AirCooled

This is just my opinion, but I think you're buying way more tire than you need. Pilot pures should be more than enough tire to get you to the top of I group. I'm new to this game too, but they're what I am using running in mid pack I group on a bone stock Buell. I also know that I still have a long way to go developing my riding skills before I reach the limit of these tires. Not to mention you're going to get way more life out of pures or even commercial ones than your current choice.

Check out the Michelin review on sportbiketrackgear.com to get an expert opinion what tires fit your application.

truckstop

We've usually gotten 2-3 rears to every front using the Power One V, and I'm running the C rear which is not soft.

dbarufaldi

AirCooled;208243 wrote: This is just my opinion, but I think you're buying way more tire than you need. Pilot pures should be more than enough tire to get you to the top of I group. I'm new to this game too, but they're what I am using running in mid pack I group on a bone stock Buell. I also know that I still have a long way to go developing my riding skills before I reach the limit of these tires. Not to mention you're going to get way more life out of pures or even commercial ones than your current choice.

Check out the Michelin review on sportbiketrackgear.com to get an expert opinion what tires fit your application.
:agree: Michelin Pures would be fine...certainly get you to the top of I group. Dunlop Q2's are also great for your pace and wear like iron. My best lap times at Beaverun were on a pair of Q2's with 8 & 9 days on them...running near the top of I pace...point being, it's not usually the tire model/grade that is the limiting factor until you are running really, really fast.

Dan B