MidWest riders still riding

cbrracing129

Hey MidWest riders. Obviously some of us can't ride this year through NESBA due to lack of scheduling. So I'm wondering, now that the season has started, where everybody is or has been riding. I will be doing my FIRST track day this June @ Autobahn Country Club through STT. Anybody else going? I'll be riding in Novice I suppose.

JerseyHSH

Just a heads up, unless they changed it, STT's Novice class is ran more as a clinic where the control riders teach you the keys to track riding. Before each session is classroom discussion and then you execute whatever was discussed. When I went, they last session was open where you did not have to follow control riders. I learned from it and would recommend it to anyone just getting into TDs or wants to learn basics from experienced riders. ACC is a great track.

kbonigut

bhf

i just rode BHF last week on a motovid wed and it was a ball. I have ridden with them before and they run a fun day. The repave makes the track a lot more fun for me, especially in T1. Would prefer to be with nesba but motovid is the only real way to ride BHF this year.

also hitting Gingerman this weekend with STT and Road America on friday with STT.

As said above there Novice program is pretty good for anyone just starting out for sure.

j_fuggin_t

oh how i luve me some ACC, i'll be there for memorial day saturday/monday, i'll do some weekend blackhawk but there are only two of them other than CCS, there is gingerman which is in south haven michigan & then of course grattan which is in grand rapids area, there is a putnam in july & august as well.. there are places to ride no doubt, unfortunately its not with us but hey gotta get our fixes somehow :D

beac83

I'll be at Gingerman June 2-3, ACC-N on June 16th. I have some other days planned, but not confirmed. I should still get in 10 or 12 days this season.

truckstop

JerseyHSH;239717 wrote: Just a heads up, unless they changed it, STT's Novice class is ran more as a clinic where the control riders teach you the keys to track riding. Before each session is classroom discussion and then you execute whatever was discussed. When I went, they last session was open where you did not have to follow control riders. I learned from it and would recommend it to anyone just getting into TDs or wants to learn basics from experienced riders. ACC is a great track.
Still true, with some changes. The instruction will still be there for the Novice group, but there will be a little more freedom for those who want it, or you can stick with an instructor for the whole day if you want the coaching.

Also new, there will be optional classroom time for Intermediate riders who wish to participate, and the Jason Disalvo Speed Academy will be at a couple of northern venues this year too. Lots of learning opportunities for those who want it.

(Sorry to spam the NESBA board with STT propaganda, but I figured it was safe to do in a thread about other orgs. ;))

S3aturnR

cbrracing129;239655 wrote: Hey MidWest riders. Obviously some of us can't ride this year through NESBA due to lack of scheduling. So I'm wondering, now that the season has started, where everybody is or has been riding. I will be doing my FIRST track day this June @ Autobahn Country Club through STT. Anybody else going? I'll be riding in Novice I suppose.
if you've done even 1 track day with NESBA, STT's novice group is most likely beneath you. i made that mistake once. I group is a lot like NESBA's B group. by my guess, less than 1/3 of all of STT's A group can keep up in NESBA's A group. they're just different animals...

dlockhart5x;239930 wrote:
WERA at Grattan next weekend.
i may be there spectating. always nice to see the "big meanie" team...

s3aturnr

jason8887

I plan on hitting Iowa in July and BHF in September with Motovid. I want to make sure to support those two events because the organizers went out of their way to make them happen when midwest group desolved.

nk140

I am contemplating the WERA round at Grattan next weekend. Weather dependent for sure. Never been to Grattan before so I know I will be a back marker.

dlockhart5x

S3aturnR;240011 wrote: if you've done even 1 track day with NESBA, STT's novice group is most likely beneath you. i made that mistake once. I group is a lot like NESBA's B group. by my guess, less than 1/3 of all of STT's A group can keep up in NESBA's A group. they're just different animals...

i may be there spectating. always nice to see the "big meanie" team...

Swing on by, we will likely be in the " cheap " seats in the lower paddock

s3aturnr
nk140;240052 wrote:
I am contemplating the WERA round at Grattan next weekend. Weather dependent for sure. Never been to Grattan before so I know I will be a back marker.
Welcome fellow backmarker.

I have a handfull of laps there and I need a truckload more to really learn to go fast. It is very fun but very very very challenging. The locals with lots of laps have a significant advantage in going fast. They do not have a monopoly on fun and Grattan is very very fun. (even in the wet) so don't wuss out.

aaronrun

Just cuz NESBA fukt up a perfectly good thing, we will continue to ride. Just saying ;) I'm looking forward to BFR with motovid and hopefully a few days at RA. Rode RA this past Friday with Apex/STT and had a good experience