Might be a bit early, but who is going to RA the 5-7th?

Psychoholic

I just signed up for my first 2 day! Doing the 5th (which is my birthday, and thusly a present to myself) and 6th (my friend's, who will be there, birthday as well), at Road Atlanta.

Anybody else riding that weekend?

JRA

It's the Airfence Fundraiser weekend.

http://nesba-airfence-fundraiser.com/

If you aren't at Road Atlanta that weekend you will be kicking yourself later. I've had several commitments for large donations already, we have been selling the heck out of the new fundraiser T-Shirts, Irish Racing and Corey Two-Butts are all revved up to provide the food, Scott Russel, Geoff May, and Dane Westby have all said they will be there. We have a lot of cool stuff lined up for the auctions. It's going to be a great time and if you aren't there you for sure won't get you picture in RRW magazine. :D

finny47

How do we get in on the raffle for the custom painted bodywork if we aren't going to be there in person?

Lonewrench

Early,hell your late bud :) To me this is like our Daytona,it's my most anticipated event of the year. The people from the other regions,food,drink,bench racing,weather ect. Last year was super good and I can't wait for this year!!!:)

bluers

I'm running Sat and will be hanging out for a little bit to meet new people Sat night. Looking forward to it! Never been to RA so nervous and excited at the same time.

Question though- Is the paddock area all asphalt or grass/ gravel? I ask because I want to know if I need to bring sandbags to tie my canopy down or can use steaks like I do at VIR.

Ruhe52

It's all paved.

In for all 3 days and as for buying raffle tix you should make it to the event or go to VIR the weekend before.

z064life

bluers;276887 wrote: I'm running Sat and will be hanging out for a little bit to meet new people Sat night. Looking forward to it! Never been to RA so nervous and excited at the same time.

Question though- Is the paddock area all asphalt or grass/ gravel? I ask because I want to know if I need to bring sandbags to tie my canopy down or can use steaks like I do at VIR.
It's all asphalt on in the main paddock.

I'll be there all 3 days.

bluers

Ruhe52;276891 wrote: It's all paved.

In for all 3 days and as for buying raffle tix you should make it to the event or go to VIR the weekend before.
Sandbags it is! Thanks!

Psychoholic

I need to figure out my power situation and if I need to bring a generator or not. How much power is available there? I hear limited amounts and something about a breaker, but I haven't had to wire up a breaker before at a track and I'm not staying overnight.

trackrat963

Psychoholic;276869 wrote: I just signed up for my first 2 day! Doing the 5th (which is my birthday, and thusly a present to myself) and 6th (my friend's, who will be there, birthday as well), at Road Atlanta.

Anybody else riding that weekend?
I'll be there Friday, signed up for my first-ever track day! So stoked.
Psychoholic- I found your YouTube video of you riding RA on your old Honda 599, commented and bookmarked it, since being able to see your speedo, tach, and right through your handlebars gives one of the best perspectives on the track I've yet found. Been studying the track with your vid almost nightly. Look forward to putting a face with your name, bro!

I'm in for all 3 days. Probably leave early on Sunday though. Depends on how sore the left arm gets. I have a score to settle with turn 6!!!! This will be the first outing for the new toy hauler too. Can't wait.

JBZ1k

Friday and Saturday for me...I hope my first days in A group go well. The after hours events should be epic.

whitarnold

I want to buy/share power with someone? Need someone to pit with for the weekend. We can hang in my toyhauler, if you got power or generator.

z064life

whitarnold;276969 wrote: I want to buy/share power with someone? Need someone to pit with for the weekend. We can hang in my toyhauler, if you got power or generator.
Power is free at RA. I usually wire up 90 amps lol

Psychoholic

trackrat963;276945 wrote: I'll be there Friday, signed up for my first-ever track day! So stoked.
Psychoholic- I found your YouTube video of you riding RA on your old Honda 599, commented and bookmarked it, since being able to see your speedo, tach, and right through your handlebars gives one of the best perspectives on the track I've yet found. Been studying the track with your vid almost nightly. Look forward to putting a face with your name, bro!
That is about the coolest thing I've ever read - you honor me with your tribute.

I do the same thing, just as much video as I can get! I know I could get 'cooler' video from different angles, but I use them as a learning tool to evaluate how I did during the day and to see where I made mistakes and what I could do better.

Definitely come hang out with us - my bike is getting pretty easy to spot in a crowd.

Irish01

In for all 3! :) Can not wait!

By the way, we are still planning on food for Friday and Saturday like last year. So PLEASE check out John's/the event link and let us know your dinning plans for the evening(s) as it does matter in terms of what we provide for!

Thanks and can't wait!

Irish01;277161 wrote: In for all 3! :) Can not wait!

By the way, we are still planning on food for Friday and Saturday like last year. So PLEASE check out John's/the event link and let us know your dinning plans for the evening(s) as it does matter in terms of what we provide for!

Thanks and can't wait!
I looked for that thread and can't seem to find it. Anyway, add 4 people to the list for dinner on Friday and Saturday evenings.

Update: Found the thread but didn't see anything about signing up for dinner.

z064life

Irish01;277161 wrote: In for all 3! :) Can not wait!

Thanks and can't wait!
Not finding the thread either. We are in for sat and could be for Friday...between 7 and 11 people are coming with on this one.