Milwaukee area tracks

HokieRider

there is a possibility i might be moving to the milwaukee area this summer. What tracks are within a ok driving distance? Obviously Road America, but what else??

some guy #2

Black hawk farms (Beloit, IL)

Grattan/Gingerman (New Haven/Belding, MI)

ACC (Joliet, IL I think)

Brainerd in MN would be a trek for sure.

Putnam Park in IN is about 6.5 hours away.

Off the top of my head those the closest ones except Brainerd.

27Ducati

some guy #2;242112 wrote: Black hawk farms (Beloit, IL)

Grattan/Gingerman (New Haven/Belding, MI)

ACC (Joliet, IL I think)

Brainerd in MN would be a trek for sure.

Putnam Park in IN is about 6.5 hours away.

Off the top of my head those the closest ones except Brainerd.
+1 on Milwaukee Area Tracks. ACC is Autobahn Country Club in case you're trying to look it up.

shaugdog

Mid Ohio isn''t out of the realm of possiblity. Around 6 hours. You are in a good location for tracks.

truckstop

We usually get to Mid-O in 8 hours from the Mil. We have to drive through pesky Chicago to get most places other than Blackhawk Farms or Road America which always adds some time. (Blackhawk and Road A are 1.5 hours in opposite directions from Mil)

ACC is 2.5/3 hours, and neat because it can be run in 3 different configurations.
Grattan takes us about 6 hours, but it's worth it. Super fun, challenging track. Gingerman is a little closer, around 5. Putnam takes us 5.5/6 hours.

Brainerd is about 8 hours, Heartland Park in Topeka is around 10.

truckstop

IIRC we take 30 most of the way. It's a little wonky in IN though.

I thought it took more like 9-10 hours, but my husband insists it was less. He has to drive to the Cleve, Cbus, and Cincy a few times a year for work though, and I think I made it home from Cbus once in less than 7 hours, but that was in a car.

some guy #2

Well I'll be. Google maps shows it's being 7.5 hours to Mid-O. That's not bad at all.

If you're in Milwaukee I'd def. make the trek out to Mid-Ohio for a TD. Sucks it's during the week usually but if the weather is good the track is great.

HokieRider

^ so far i like being in VA...for 4 tracks within 6 hrs, including VIR and Summit

we'll see if work moves me out there, and if so, when

How long is the riding season out there, (im ok with cooler weather...im not ok with F-in cold)

j_fuggin_t

some guy #2;242432 wrote: You can ride in April/May if you like the chance of rain :)

You can ride October if you like frost on the track :p
last october yes, the previous it was 72 by 11 and perfect out :D last year april it was 69 & sunny at Blackhawk both days