Missing Woodcraft Tire Warmer

liteitup

Well I might be just a little more careful laying my stuff around when I go out for my sessions. People wouldn't have a problem stealing things if they don't return borrowed items. I thought NESBA members were better than that. Well I hope you guys get your things back.

Wink

Dustin taught me a cool trick a few years ago. Take painters tape, and tape it up on the trailer door marked with whatever was borrowed and who took it. In that manner, I could keep track of what was taken, and what was returned. I just pull the piece of tape off when the item is returned. I tend to get myself in trouble when I forget to write it down, or when I lend out higher dollar items.

I don't want money if someone borrows or takes something, I simply want it returned EXACTLY where it came from in the same or better condition when it was borrowed. Preferably, just replace what you borrowed.

Unfortunately, many times I get a lesser brand than I loaned returned. I don't ever get it returned, OR I get the product returned damaged. I used to lend leathers out at almost every weekend. After having multiple newbies CRASH my leathers, and NEVER paying me for any damages so that I can get them repaired for the next person, I finally determined I don't lend leathers anymore (3 sets of leathers trashed beyond repair). My Chickenhawks have been borrowed more times than I can count, and I don't even use them. Neither set works anymore. I have lost 3 PitBulls, borrowed, never returned... and too many spare parts to bother even trying to list.

I still try to bring all that I can to ensure that we can help people get back out on the track in the case that a spare is necessary. I learned this from Fred the first time I fell down, he lent me a brake lever and got me right back out there on the track.

I think that it is important that we all foster that same sort of giving/sharing attitude that Fred had that first time for me. If we do, we continue to make this club better and better. However, this sport is expensive enough already without having to pay for other peoples mistakes or lack of respect for your gear. Please, please folks, keep lending and helping each other, that is part of what makes this club so fantastic. BUT BE SURE to thank that person, and return what you borrowed in the same or better condition, the same or better brand the very next time you see them WITHOUT being asked. If we can all do that, we just continue to make this club better and better.

Glad to hear that Marshall and Fred have items coming back to them. Everyone check your trailers or your memories on who you might owe something to and try to make that right as soon as you can.

All the best.

ronhix

Wink;67394 wrote: Please, please folks, keep lending and helping each other, that is part of what makes this club so fantastic. BUT BE SURE to thank that person, and return what you borrowed in the same or better condition, the same or better brand the very next time you see them WITHOUT being asked.
OK already, you can have your jack stands back ... your making me feel bad over here. :D

beac83

Wink - Great Post. The family attitude is what makes NESBA special. I really like the idea about the painters tape.

thewall67

NESBA is a lot of fun and it's a welcoming environment. I'm surprised to hear that so many of you guys who make it that way have had problems with this. Maybe it wouldn't be a bad idea to make a quick statement at riders meetings about this?

Track days are supposed to be fun so I know you don't want to overly focus on the negative. But maybe a simple politely stated, "Look we like to help each other out here by providing a broken part or lending a tool, etc.; its part of what makes NESBA great. But don't make anyone regret doing it. If you borrow something, give it back. If you break, damage, lose, or keep something borrowed, compensate for it appropriately. If you can't do that please don't borrow it. Thanks."

Wink

ronhix;67443 wrote: OK already, you can have your jack stands back ... your making me feel bad over here. :D
LOL, thanks Ron!!! Too friggin' funny!

Good luck at Heartland my friend! Sorry you won't get to pressure me this weekend at Autobahn South, now that was some fun times!

gkotlin

Wink;67394 wrote: I learned this from Fred the first time I fell down, he lent me a brake lever and got me right back out there on the track.
That Fred is a good guy. He loaned me a lever as well when you broke it for me on the PI bike. Whats with you and levers. Levers are the devil in your trailer :)

I agree. I still loan out stuff. I have no more spare bolts as I found out working on my bike today. But as long as people like me, thats all that matters. So if you don't like me, come by and let me loan you something so I can change your mind. :)

This a thread that I would expect some smart comment from "the grouch." I wish his kid would grow up and go away to college already so we can have him back.

By the way Brian. I borrowed your impact gun, fork oil level tool and all your hex bits. I hope you don't mind. You were out of town so I couldn't ask. I did return your car today though. ;)

Wink

gkotlin;67471 wrote:
By the way Brian. I borrowed your impact gun, fork oil level tool and all your hex bits. I hope you don't mind. You were out of town so I couldn't ask. I did return your car today though. ;)
Hey, what are friends for?! Get that bike all set for this weekend. And GET A DAMPER on there!

gkotlin

Wink;67482 wrote: Hey, what are friends for?! Get that bike all set for this weekend. And GET A DAMPER on there!
Crap! I forgot about the bolts today. I have some to short. Some to long. Tomorrow I'll get the right ones.

Trent1098S

Uhh.. so.. the nosey SOB inside me is curious.. was it a certain director that borrowed your warmer Marshall? If so, that's just TOO funny.

Gman97

Hey, no need to make this thread personal.
No names have to be given - it's the overall concept of the matter :eek:uttahere:

:D

danch

gkotlin;67471 wrote:
This a thread that I would expect some smart comment from "the grouch." I wish his kid would grow up and go away to college already so we can have him back.
+1 on that. We all need a dose of Grouch

Hope you get your stuff back Marshall and Fred... Sucks when people take advantage of someone's generosity and kindheartedness.

I know that after my first crash Hernan had a brand new set of WoodCraft clipons that were waiting to go onto his recently crashed 675 and he loaned them to me so I could get back on track the very next day.

That Saturday night after I finished repairing the bike at 1:30 am, I ordered him a replacement set online from WoodCraft and had them delivered to his address. I was so appreciative of his generosity that I was not willing to wait another day to get replacements on their way to him.

That type of giving spirit among the members really sets NESBA apart from other organizations. I'm still waiting on the clutch lever I loaned someone at an event run by another organization after he crashed a second time and ruined the one I loaned him after his first crash. I'll probably never see it.

Jeff

GCARNELL

Marshall, it may not mean much, but being a newbie last week at BHF you really help me settle in to the weekend! so i would be more then happy to make a call to ronnie rizo for a vist!

GCARNELL

Marshall, this may not mean much, thanks for making my first track day ever at BFH A GOOD ONE! so if you need me to make a call to ronnie rizzo for a vist let me know!!!!!