mix matched brake lines

ERB68

I ordered a set of Galfer super bike lines. They are a little short cause I have a yamaha brembo master on a honda.

I go to put the regular Galfer lines back on and I broke one.(I know I'm tard).

The only way I can make this work for the weekend is to use one regular Galfer & one superbike Galfer line.

Could this be ok?

stkr

You will be fine Ed. Other than the brain damage you've obviously suffered from the alcohol. :D

The only thing it could possibly effect would be the time it takes each caliper to respond, but for us mortals, we'll never notice it. FWIW: Spiegler had a set of lines to my door in two days, and that was their standard shipping.

Just be easy when you first go out, and make sure they feel the same as before.

stkr

Measure the length of the lines you need. If my older lines will fit, you're welcome to use them until you can get a new one.

Zippy

The pressure in the entire system will be the same, regardless of line length or diameter. If they fit, there will be no problem at all. Both calipers will receive the same pressure at the same time.

Sklossmonster

Hey Ed, and anyone else reading this thread,

Make sure to check that the installed length does not restrict the front wheel travel at full extension. Which is to say put the bike on a front stand, the kind that supports the bike from the headstock, not the forks, and let the suspension fully extend.

There should still be play in the lines. If one of the lines is too short it will be the limiting factor when your front wheel is light under power.

This can be a very dangerous situation, as I found out once many years ago when one of the many "Gurus" on these boards did the work for me at his shop and accidentally installed brake lines that were too short for my bike.

Thank God I figured it out for myself while setting my sag.