Mladin @ NJMP (VIR spoiler)

betarace

wouldnt bet on it - he was a little "whiney" about NJMP after the practices, and his disdain for AMA/DMG is no secret.

ktuso27

I think hes gonna sweep the weekend just to make a statement. He was the fastest during testing last month.

jimgl3

ktuso27;77383 wrote: I think hes gonna sweep the weekend just to make a statement. He was the fastest during testing last month.
:agree:

look for him to win by quite a large margin or bin it trying

Landshark

Control Rider
I think he is cruising in an effort to make a mockery of the DMG series. I could see him saying this (Matt) "I was just ridding like I would on any public roadway and still clinched the title" )).

Quickone4u

Landshark;77414 wrote: I think he is cruising in an effort to make a mockery of the DMG series. I could see him saying this (Matt) "I was just ridding like I would on any public roadway and still clinched the title" )).
I would like to see him go out and kick some tail one last time but, I wouldn't be surprised if he did something like that though and I can't blame him one bit! Either way, he's the man!

D-Swens

ktuso27;77383 wrote: I think hes gonna sweep the weekend just to make a statement. He was the fastest during testing last month.
Yeah we'd probably all like to see that, but Mladin doesn't seem to give a huge shit about all that stuff, and definitely isn't on a macho trip. He had a great ride opp at WSBK and didn't care about it, and he is A LOT faster at VIR than he showed...he did the bare minimum to take the 'ship and I'd be my money he either doesn't race NJMP or rides like a slow b!tch because he doesn't care...and I'm actually a fan of the guy.

riddler

+1 I am a fan too... and I am betting he is done. There is always risk out there and he is looking at the end. I predicted at the beginning of the year he would win every race by a huge margin then retire mid-season and walk away, but I guess there are contracts and stuff. NJMP has some safety questions... he may site those issues (real or not) and start packing for Australia.

Motofun352

Control Rider
I forget who said it but "Racers race"....... With limited exceptions (for things like the IOM TT), Guys who don't show up are stealing from their sponsors, hurting their team, and pi**ing off their fans. If a corner scares you, slow down....If your ego can't stand losing because of it..tough sh**! I'm glad to see the end of the MM era. It's a shame, really. He could of had the best record AND the best rep.:p

ronhix

If the bike is setup and dialed to run at race pace and you are rolling around out there at 3+ seconds off that pace, the bike feels difficult to ride. I don't see Mladin doing that. Yeah, he backed it down at VIR to take home the championship. But he'll either not show or run hard at NJMP.

riddler

ronhix;77702 wrote: If the bike is setup and dialed to run at race pace and you are rolling around out there at 3+ seconds off that pace, the bike feels difficult to ride. I don't see Mladin doing that. Yeah, he backed it down at VIR to take home the championship. But he'll either not show or run hard at NJMP.
At least you can say you beat him at Heartland Park! I saw 12th on the TV and was speechless... :adore: Good write up too. Any more AMA national events for you this year?

Slowninja

Hell if i didn't have all of these weddings i would drive out there from WI to see his last race. I'm not a huge fan but it might be cool to see if he did indeed go balls out.

ronhix

riddler;77706 wrote: At least you can say you beat him at Heartland Park! I saw 12th on the TV and was speechless... :adore: Good write up too. Any more AMA national events for you this year?
Thanks John, yeah I beat Yates, May and Bostrum too I think. LOL!

No more AMA this year, sure hope to do a season next year. Have to see how the sponsorship comes together. :)

Trimmed Jennis

Motofun352;77699 wrote: I forget who said it but "Racers race"....... With limited exceptions (for things like the IOM TT), Guys who don't show up are stealing from their sponsors, hurting their team, and pi**ing off their fans. If a corner scares you, slow down....If your ego can't stand losing because of it..tough sh**! I'm glad to see the end of the MM era. It's a shame, really. He could of had the best record AND the best rep.:p
:agree: but i'm not a fan of MM after this year...