Mladin to race in 09 AMA

Nashoba

Now that Spies is gone he gets to try to stroke his battered ego in AMA. Hopefully the rules help out the other teams and its more even.

HighWay

Nashoba;34222 wrote: Now tha tSpies is gone he gets to try to stroke his battered ego in AMA. Hopefully the rules help out the other teams and its more even.
I hope you are right but I don't think the rules will help anyone. Mladin will take the title.

nrcooled

Considering that Mladin is the best rider in the field I don't see anyone challenging him. The only reason would be that Suzuki had a hard time adapting to the new rules and another team picks them up quickly.

Rick Johnson

He'll be running the number 7 this year.He already assumes he is going to win his 7th title this year.Either that or he is running 7 because he feels he was cheated last year because they took away his two VIR wins.He says him,Spies,and Hayden were all on the same bikes(equipment).They only checked his crank.

Rick Johnson

Jim your not looking forward to Matt winning every race?Maybe Hayes will be up front giving him a challenge on the new R1.

jimgl3

here's something though...

The ten fastest riders in timed practice sessions will take part in Superpole qualifying to determine the starting grid.

Question is... will speed or anyone carry it on television? or on the internet?

jpj

Matt will be hard to beat with the team he'll have. I do hope the new rules evens the field up. I'm tired of the Ben & Matt show of the past few years. WSBK has been the best motorcycle racing for the past few years, hands down.

jimgl3

:agree:
jpj;34297 wrote: Matt will be hard to beat with the team he'll have. I do hope the new rules evens the field up. I'm tired of the Ben & Matt show of the past few years. WSBK has been the best motorcycle racing for the past few years, hands down.
WSBK !!! ++++

ZxRegg6r

I was hoping Mat would retire. There no real carrot in front of him. And he really has nothing to prove.
But I guess if I was him I would like to walk away number #1 whether Ben is there are not. Alot of racers ain't as lucky as Bayliss. Now that's a walk off. :congrats:

Nashoba

jimgl3;34272 wrote: here's something though...

The ten fastest riders in timed practice sessions will take part in Superpole qualifying to determine the starting grid.

Question is... will speed or anyone carry it on television? or on the internet?
Roger Edmundson of AMA says he has a TV deal in place but has yet to announce it.

Rick Johnson

I like watching all the races even though some are closer than others.I hope they get it all worked out.WSB is going to be very exciting this year with all the changes.Spies in there and now BMW and Aprilla with there new bikes.I think Ben will represent well.

Fire929

I hope Spies kicks tale in WSB and continues to grow as a rider. There should be a few more riders that can match his skill level so it will be nice to see him dicing it up in a pack.

It may not happen but if Rossi and Bayliss do have some kind of shoot out at a WSB round it would be nice to see if Spies can hang with them.

Can't wait for the season to start.

justariot66

Edmundson has a tvdeal but has not announced with whoom! OK yeah and I have a 30 million dollar lottery ticket and just have not cashed it yet.

dave