more BHF video

sobottka

nice vids!
...your geared too low! ...more power to ya if you enjoy shifting that much. :nada: do yourself a favor and drop 2 teeth on the rear sprocket ;)

steve p

I don't understand Rob. Too low and shift too much don't go hand in hand. Are you saying he is geared too short, i.e. big rear sprocket or too tall, i.e. small rear sprocket? I noticed the extra shift coming out of 5 and thought, interesting. Nice vid though. Disapointed it took you so long to pass Joe Lee going into 6. Next time stuff him like a Christmas goose. LOL

sobottka

steve p;195694 wrote: I don't understand Rob. Too low and shift too much don't go hand in hand. Are you saying he is geared too short, i.e. big rear sprocket or too tall, i.e. small rear sprocket? I noticed the extra shift coming out of 5 and thought, interesting. Nice vid though. Disapointed it took you so long to pass Joe Lee going into 6. Next time stuff him like a Christmas goose. LOL
yes. too short, rear sprocket too big. he's hitting 6th gear before the tower, i dont use 6th at all there. ric ran his road america gearing there and liked it, never even hit 5th!!
compare to this (action starts 5 min in)
http://www.youtube.com/user/49robsob?feature=mhsn#p/u/6/uIuo8zUU8R0

stkr

I need a tow! I know me and the 750 can do better than I have in the past on the old 600. :cool:

Andrei

thanks for the video and riding tips... my gps got fed up so I did not record any meaningful data for the weekend. Now I have your video !

Matt

Andrei;195717 wrote: thanks for the video and riding tips... my gps got fed up so I did not record any meaningful data for the weekend. Now I have your video !
i can send you my GPS data too.. you'll need the starlane software which is an easy download.

Andrei

thanks ! I have the unit and the software but its memory was full and I could not download anything to flush it out.

geekmug

Matt

I knew that was late and close, which is why I came over as soon as the session was over and apologized. I thought I was far enough on the inside of the track and there was enough room, again like I said Sunday I'm sorry it was close and I spooked you.

Wow, after seeing it from your perspective it was WAY later and WAY closer than I thought it was. I'm very sorry!!! I should have waited on that one.

geekmug

Matt;195835 wrote: I knew that was late and close, which is why I came over as soon as the session was over and apologized. I thought I was far enough on the inside of the track and there was enough room, again like I said Sunday I'm sorry it was close and I spooked you.

Wow, after seeing it from your perspective it was WAY later and WAY closer than I thought it was. I'm very sorry!!! I should have waited on that one.
No harm, no foul. I appreciated you coming over to talk to me in the paddock. Like I said at the time, I should've been able to make the turn, but I hesitated. The little dirt mound outside of the turn actually was a soft landing, and I set a personal best the next session out, so no lasting damage!

Now I just need to drop another 5+ seconds there so I can return the favor. :cool:

TheGrouch

Matt;195835 wrote: Wow, after seeing it from your perspective it was WAY later and WAY closer than I thought it was. I'm very sorry!!! I should have waited on that one.
I'm not trying to drag Matt through the mud here, but I see a learning opportunity here, especially for riders in B and I.

This is a classic case of difference of perception. As CR's we see this type of situation way too often, especially in B. The more experienced rider doesn't take the slower rider's skillset into account and things can get ugly. The safety concern isn't necessarily that the passer can't complete the pass, but that doing so can leave the passee feeling like they are in over their head. If the passee avoids injury, they are often left feeling frustrated, angry, or demoralized. Leaving your competition at a race demoralized is great. Not so much with your fellow riders at a NESBA day.

Please remember we were all slow at one time. We all had a first day on the track. We all had a day when we appreciated some extra "comfort zone". Try to extend that same courtesy to others.

ERB68

Matt;195835 wrote: I knew that was late and close, which is why I came over as soon as the session was over and apologized. I thought I was far enough on the inside of the track and there was enough room, again like I said Sunday I'm sorry it was close and I spooked you.

Good on you for going and apologizing.

These things happen but it is how we deal with it is what separates the men from the boys.