Moto-D lap timers

L454

I met the guy who is the owner of the MotoD brand, he is a trackday rider. Seemed like an alright dude, but I have never used any of his products. Personally I am a fan of the XT stuff. I just sold my Mini and got a GPX, both are great products.

snikwad

id bet, that if youre not a fan of XT stuff, you wont like these. Not sure what youre looking for in a timer, but unless u go datalogger/GPS type, i think its safe to safe XT is the best.

Spoot

we had a guy on WSB that said this timer (ezlap v2) did not work with an XT transponder. It did work with it's own.
ymmv

snikwad

Spoot;223621 wrote: we had a guy on WSB that said this timer (ezlap v2) did not work with an XT transponder. It did work with it's own.
ymmv
this is NOT an ezlap2 timer.

Spoot

snikwad - I am sorry. I thought it was an EZlap V2...I stand corrected, it is a Bestlap.
(but if you look at the photo on MotoD's site....it shows "EZlap V2" right next to "Bestlap")

the MotoD and Bestlap look identical in everyway...in every pic out there - including functions.
It was the Bestlap (EZlap V2) that a WSB member found to only work with the beacon supplied.
it did not work with an XT beacon.

snikwad

well i read a review and basically, the deal is, they dont pic up as well, so sensor mounting location is critical. but hey $45.