MotoGP - Tech 3 or Texas 2?

I hope Tech3 can give spies everything he needs to run with lorenzo so USA can dominate. I bet Edwards is a good teacher too and will work like a team to get ben's learning curve ramped up. And with that Edwards will get pulled thru the course faster cause of the team effort.

That Imola track looked like a bitch to pass on.

So... who at NESBA is going to plan a couple track days in the CZ republic this year? Ill participate. Plus i want to watch Ben pass Rossi! I love Praguesse women too!

ZLTFUL

Oh no. More Ben crotch critters!

I like the guy...andhe is an amazing rider. But he is not now nor will he ever be the calibre of a Valentino Rossi. Love or hate him, the guy has done things that no one has even come remotely close to outside of Giacomo Agostini.

I do forsee 1 or possibly 2 MotoGP championships for "The Ben" but then I see him relegated to a similar role as Colin...amazingly consistent, very reliable, nice down to earth guy but merely a great support rider in the grand scheme of things.

Landshark

Control Rider
Something tells me that Colin and Ben won't be getting along very well. Ben would be the test rider since Colin has the tenure. The way Colin came off in some past interviews in regard fellow Americans I think Colin wants to be the top "Dog" even if its only the top "American dog".
This and the second fiddle role for Spies would amount to some tension in the team that would work against Ben. Once Ben establishes himself as put up or shut guy in GP I think the team might sway more to Ben rather than what I observed as a whiner I want my way Edwards.
I'd rather see Ben and Lorenzo as team mates and better yet Ben and Val.

justariot66

To say that Ben will never be the caliber of Rossi is obvious nobody is Rosi caliber.

However I think as was mentioned Edwards and Spies may have a shootout one sunday! Spies must have signed a contract to get Lorenzo type equipment at a minimum and maybe even Rossi partts. I dont actually know if Rossi and Lorenzo are on identical bikes but you get my drift.
Edwards is not going to take better equipment issues well I wouldn't think.

I think Ben wanted to race against Rossi and thats why he jumped to motogp so quick. He mentioned competition,so if you wanna be a non asterisk champion you have to beat the man!

Man I am smiling thinking about Rossi, Lorenzo, and Spies nose to tail in a moto gp race thats gonna be awesome.
BTW I aint buying this 6-8 place crap Spies is selling I think hes just trying to keep the pressure low.

Dave #66

BigBird

i am sooo excited....its going to be a great year next yr....hopefully tec3 can provide some bikes that can keep spies up with the factories

justariot66

I am just guessing but I think Yamaha has to supply the new stuff to tech 3 and Rossi and Lorenzo get that stuff 1st and 2nd but you have to think that Rossi could leave Yamaha next year so it would be smart if Yamaha gave Ben all the help he could handle.

Besides I dont think momma Spies is going to let her boy get anything less than he can get.

Dave #66

Demps

:notsure:
justariot66;87543 wrote: I am just guessing but I think Yamaha has to supply the new stuff to tech 3 and Rossi and Lorenzo get that stuff 1st and 2nd but you have to think that Rossi could leave Yamaha next year so it would be smart if Yamaha gave Ben all the help he could handle.

Besides I dont think momma Spies is going to let her boy get anything less than he can get.

Dave #66

Slowninja

joe81;87556 wrote: Will be interesting to see how Ben can do against the big boys... :popcorn:
+1

I think i'll have to start watching now. It never really interested me because i couldn't go to the tracks or see them in person like i could with the AMA.

ZLTFUL

One thing that really stood out for me at Indy was the huge disparity in simply the sound of those 4 bikes. Rossi's bike just sounded smoother overall while Lorenzo's bike didn't sound like it revved QUITE as high. Then Toseland's and Edwards' bikes sounded a bit less intimidating.

To say that a satellite team gets the same hardware as the factory is naive to say the least. Rossi is the big man on campus. Lorenzo get's the same stuff but doesn't have Jeremy Burgess for a crew chief nor does he have the same engineers and technicians working in his corner. There was a definite seperation between the teams. They didn't hang out behind the garages together. At lunch, they were sitting at tables on opposite sides of the hospitality area...I am sure they are forced to share some information but you could tell by the vibe that they were definitely competitors even more than teammates.

And while we are comparing the disparity between the FACTORY riders, the seperation between the satellite team and the factory team is even more pronounced.
And Nicky's last season with Honda is a perfect example of how much disparity there can be under the same roof in equipment, let alone in different garages...

All I am saying is that next year, Spies will have to come to grips with NOT having the same bike Rossi is riding or even Jorge for that matter because he is on a satellite team and is not the Yamaha marketing engine's worldwide major marketing concern.

While there is no doubt that The Ben will be popular to American race fans and that popularity will sway some to buy product, in the bigger picture of the world sales market, The Ben is NOT the major driving force in Yamaha popularity in the larger European motorcycle market.

unclejesse

design-engine;87466 wrote: I hope Tech3 can give spies everything he needs to run with lorenzo so USA can dominate.
ZLTFUL;87577 wrote:
Lorenzo get's the same stuff but doesn't have Jeremy Burgess for a crew chief.

All I am saying is that next year, Spies will have to come to grips with NOT having the same bike Rossi is riding or even Jorge for that matter because he is on a satellite team and is not the Yamaha marketing engine's worldwide major marketing concern.
Well, we all know that he can not be a factory rider his first year. But Yamaha plans to give him all the goody parts and support with out being a factory rider. So I see a ton of top 5 finishes in 2010. As for what who you have for a crew chief is important but one crew man working with two different riders will end up with two different out comes.. each rider has there own crew man for themselves. Spies brought his man with him because they work well with each other.

Best of luck the the Texas Tornado's

Troy

ZLTFUL;87473 wrote: Oh no. More Ben crotch critters!

I like the guy...andhe is an amazing rider. But he is not now nor will he ever be the calibre of a Valentino Rossi. Love or hate him, the guy has done things that no one has even come remotely close to outside of Giacomo Agostini.

I do forsee 1 or possibly 2 MotoGP championships for "The Ben" but then I see him relegated to a similar role as Colin...amazingly consistent, very reliable, nice down to earth guy but merely a great support rider in the grand scheme of things.
rossi won't be around forever, and someone has to take over the throne...mys well be an American

NoBull

ZLTFUL;87577 wrote: There was a definite seperation between the teams. They didn't hang out behind the garages together. At lunch, they were sitting at tables on opposite sides of the hospitality area...I am sure they are forced to share some information but you could tell by the vibe that they were definitely competitors even more than teammates.
This should not be a surprise at all. It is well known that Rossi is only nice to people that he knows can't beat him. Lorenzo's been winning races for as long as he's been in MotoGP so this is all part of Rossi's psychological games. Plus I'm sure Lorenzo doesn't mind playing that game too much. He seems pretty strong in that area.

I just like to see some good racing... like that time in WSB where Spies took three turns to pass second place then the last turn passed first place. I guess that will not happen in MotoGP so easily. Plus we need more Americans kicking some ass. Edwards has a number 5 on his plate for a reason. He likes fifth place.

And next year looks like a yamaha domination too... with lorenzo thru edwards all on yamahpers.

unclejesse

design-engine;87690 wrote: I just like to see some good racing... like that time in WSB where Spies took three turns to pass second place then the last turn passed first place. I guess that will not happen in MotoGP so easily. Plus we need more Americans kicking some ass. Edwards has a number 5 on his plate for a reason. He likes fifth place.

And next year looks like a yamaha domination too... with lorenzo thru edwards all on yamahpers.

How about the time when lorenzo and Rossi went at it for a few laps.. and it came down to the last corn of the last lap?

Moto GP has been full of excitement this year. I think next year will be just as good if not better.

Stoner has to recover in the off season and then we know that he will be right up there with everyone!
Nicky will be competing for the top 5 I do believe.
Spies will also be in the top 5 all year and maybe even better. We are just going to have to give him a few races.
Pedrosa
As much as I do not like him, he is fast and I think will be running up front if he does not crash.
Rossi
and Lorenzo
well we all know that they will have some entertainment for us.
Melandri
impressed me a bunch this year. I see him making the top five a battle all year long.

Demps

unclejesse;87706 wrote: How about the time when lorenzo and Rossi went at it for a few laps.. and it came down to the last corn of the last lap?

Moto GP has been full of excitement this year. I think next year will be just as good if not better.

Stoner has to recover in the off season and then we know that he will be right up there with everyone!
Nicky will be running top 5 I do believe.
Spies will also be in the top 5 all year and maybe even better. We are just going to have to give him a few races.
Pedrosa
As much as I do not like him, he is fast and I think will be running up front if he does not crash.
Rossi
and Lorenzo
well we all know that they will have some entertainment for us.
Melandri
impressed me a bunch this year. I see him making the top five a battle all year long.
I love Nicky Hayden, but I am not sure what evidence is pointing you to him being in the top 5 next year. Perhaps at Laguna and Indy. I fully believe he will be better than this year and perhaps a top 10 finish in the championship. Not top 5 week in and week out though.

unclejesse

I am giving him high hopes for next year. Every week he has been showing something more. And as everyone can see that the Duc is hard to ride if your name is not Stoner.
With the bikes getting an upgrade to a larger stature I feel that Nicky will be able keep pace.

The last weekend I was ready to see what he could do. But then you have the king of crashing that took out both Americans. Next week will see what he can do.

Demps

unclejesse;87718 wrote: I am giving him high hopes for next year. Every week he has been showing something more. And as everyone can see that the Duc is hard to ride if your name is not Stoner.
With the bikes getting an upgrade to a larger stature I feel that Nicky will be able keep pace.

The last weekend I was ready to see what he could do. But then you have the king of crashing that took out both Americans. Next week will see what he can do.
Those are some good points. I am looking forward to see what the future holds. I am just not quite as confident.