Motor Work What can I do?

dbakerpa

Make sure the valves are well seated. Media blast the heads. Porting and polishing doesnt always improve and can cost power.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
You should be fine with your 2011 GSXR 750...stock motors are the way to go, it lowers the risk of your motor blowing. Unless you don't mind spending lots of money for a refresh every year (in some cases more than that) go for it. I would play with some gearing and keep it moving. :cool:

Redlining52

vinny337;223286 wrote: You should be fine with your 2011 GSXR 750...stock motors are the way to go, it lowers the risk of your motor blowing. Unless you don't mind spending lots of money for a refresh every year (in some cases more than that) go for it. I would play with some gearing and keep it moving. :cool:

Yea I was a bit concerned about the reliability issues that come along with building the motor some. Definitely don't want to have to worry about motor work every single year. Seems like adding a full system and getting a good dyno tune may be a better way to go.

stalemate27

Redlining52;223289 wrote: Yea I was a bit concerned about the reliability issues that come along with building the motor some. Definitely don't want to have to worry about motor work every single year. Seems like adding a full system and getting a good dyno tune may be a better way to go.
NO offense but it sounds like your money could be spent in way better ways then motor work , motor work should be the very last thing to worry about . IF you're constently running top 10 in a good expert sprint and can't seem to get up to tif front even then its probably not a motor issue but I wouldn't even really consider it until then . NO motor work in the world is gunna help that 750 keep up with the newer 1000s off of pure grunt .... ONce again if you haven't had your suspension done that's a way better place to start and I'm guessing since your stated you don't have a decent exhaust or have had it properly tuned youre probably running pretty much a stock bike .... Just the vibe I am getting

dbarufaldi

stalemate27;223314 wrote: NO offense but it sounds like your money could be spent in way better ways then motor work , motor work should be the very last thing to worry about . IF you're constently running top 10 in a good expert sprint and can't seem to get up to tif front even then its probably not a motor issue but I wouldn't even really consider it until then . NO motor work in the world is gunna help that 750 keep up with the newer 1000s off of pure grunt .... ONce again if you haven't had your suspension done that's a way better place to start and I'm guessing since your stated you don't have a decent exhaust or have had it properly tuned youre probably running pretty much a stock bike .... Just the vibe I am getting
Every time I start thinking about spending more money on my bike, I remember that losing the 25 extra lbs I'm carrying around would be the biggest, cheapest go-fast mod I could make.

After that, I would spend on the following, in this order:

- Yamaha Champions Riding School
- More track days
- Suspension
- More track days

Dan B

Redlining52

stalemate27;223314 wrote: NO offense but it sounds like your money could be spent in way better ways then motor work , motor work should be the very last thing to worry about . IF you're constently running top 10 in a good expert sprint and can't seem to get up to tif front even then its probably not a motor issue but I wouldn't even really consider it until then . NO motor work in the world is gunna help that 750 keep up with the newer 1000s off of pure grunt .... ONce again if you haven't had your suspension done that's a way better place to start and I'm guessing since your stated you don't have a decent exhaust or have had it properly tuned youre probably running pretty much a stock bike .... Just the vibe I am getting
The bike is far from stock, the only thing I don't have is a full system which is why I mentioned that. Suspension was done a long time ago with ohlins all the way around so got that covered.

stalemate27

Redlining52;223348 wrote: The bike is far from stock, the only thing I don't have is a full system which is why I mentioned that. Suspension was done a long time ago with ohlins all the way around so got that covered.
OK then with good suspension which is mainly about tire wear , rider piece of mind and ofcorse making the bike work properly

More track time it is and spend some time with a tuner making the suspension work right for YOU

stalemate27

When all else fails then its motor time Lol Im still running a stock 06 gsxr 600 with 8000+ miles mostly track think I may just refresh it this winter and do some adjustable cam sprockets thinner gasket maybe head work but I doubt it .... Just another reason for it to put me on my head ;)

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
Redlining52;223289 wrote: Seems like adding a full system and getting a good dyno tune may be a better way to go.
:agree: I just swapped my built 600 motor for a stock 750 motor...beside Mock ups, I don't race so it's more cost effective for me.

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
stalemate27;223351 wrote: When all else fails then its motor time Lol Im still running a stock 06 gsxr 600 with 8000+ miles mostly track think I may just refresh it this winter and do some adjustable cam sprockets thinner gasket maybe head work but I doubt it .... Just another reason for it to put me on my head ;)
Nah, those are forgiving bikes...;)

Matt H

If you are thinking about motor work, what is legal with WERA, and since you live in Northern Virginia, hit up Terrance Johnson. WERA tech inspector, A&J Cycle Performance in Upper Marlboro immediately off the beltway. And gixxers are his thing. He is Handicapped Racer on this board and the WERA board.

Jay84

T
If you are thinking about motor work, what is legal with WERA, and since you live in Northern Virginia, hit up Terrance Johnson. WERA tech inspector, A&J Cycle Performance in Upper Marlboro immediately off the beltway. And gixxers are his thing. He is Handicapped Racer on this board and the WERA board.
Terrance Johnson is trying to extort me for my title, I've been in court with this guy for my bike, paid my bill and now he won't give me a title he illegally put a lien on. Bike wasn't even finished 3 years after I gave it to him. Even after he testified in court it was done and put a mechanics lien on it. I have court papers, my receipt I paid him and messages from Terrance telling me I have to pay this and do this to get my title back. Now he's blocked me and won't communicate at all, he's a crook. He falsified my receipt he filled out himself when I dropped the bike off. I have a bike I can't ride because he won't give me my title. Think about that before you send him your bike. Please contact me for all proof, I won't say something I won't show proof of

Jay84

This guy is the biggest scam artist I ever met. More I research him the more people I found that he ripped off. He boasted to me about taking a police officers bike. This guy has my title and i paid my bill, I don't know wtf is wrong with him. I have to file a writ of mandamus to get my title back. Something so simple that should be done, my bill is paid. I paid that man $1100 for a 3 year wait. For a stator fix on a 2001 dr650. The guy cuts my ignition harness down to the connectors. And I read a review from 2014 on Yelp about him fixing another's guy busted ignition. Left mine cut up and open with electrical tape on it. I know for a fact he used my ignition harness to fix another's guys.