Moving to upstate NY

Illernoise

Hey guys. I'm currently in Tacoma, WA and am really going to miss having 3 tracks very local to me. I'm being stationed at Ft. Drum and was wanting to get some input from you NE guys on where the good riding and tracks would be at? I have never done a track day but am looking to change that next month. If there are any good local forums or anything else you guys feel I should know about please please let me know. The motorcycle community up here is amazing and there are a ton of local activities and I just don't want to miss out on what NY and the surrounding area has to offer. Thanks in advance!

BigBird

think you're actually close to calabogie in canada, other than that, i think everything is 6+ hours away

Hambone

You could get to Beaverun in about 8 hours, NJMP in about 8 ( I think) and if you want to Loudon is about 5 or 6 hours from fort drum. Street riding up here is pretty good. The Adirondack mountains are nice with a lot of twists and turns. Send me a PM if you want more info. Otherwise, welcome to NY and Nesba.

Illernoise

BigBird;191811 wrote: think you're actually close to calabogie in canada, other than that, i think everything is 6+ hours away
It's looking like that is the closest track to me actually. **edit** Calabogie is 3 1/2 hrs give or take. Looks like I'm going to be getting a passport when I get to Drum!! I was looking at places where NESBA does track days and I saw there was one about 6 or 7 hours east of where I'm going to be at.

Hambone;191820 wrote: You could get to Beaverun in about 8 hours, NJMP in about 8 ( I think) and if you want to Loudon is about 5 or 6 hours from fort drum. Street riding up here is pretty good. The Adirondack mountains are nice with a lot of twists and turns. Send me a PM if you want more info. Otherwise, welcome to NY and Nesba.
That's awesome. I saw some stuff on the Adirondacks and would really like to do some riding over there some time.

Mikey75702;191821 wrote:
Welcome to nesba. Hopefully you make it down to njmp.
Thanks! I'd like to do as many as my wallet will allow me, haha.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Welcome! There are some upstate NY members, I believe, who ride at BeaveRun and NJMP. Maybe you could rideshare? There's a section on the forum to post up if you're looking to rideshare.

Illernoise

Sweet! I know there's no way in hell I'm going anywhere with my current truck. It's got a 6 inch lift and 35s on it and the mpg is atrocious. I'm going to try and locate an S10 for my bike hauler!

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Hey there! Welcome to up-state NY! We are just south of you in Syracuse. There is about 9 of us that all do track days from here. Buck and I are assistant directors and Kevin, Cooney, Murph, & Pascal are all CR's. Plus there is Poper, PJ, and Don. Beaver & NJMP will be about 7 hours and Summit Point will be 8 hours. We look forward to seeing you out!

Todd

BlueMax

Calabogie, Shannonville & Mosport are your closest tracks. All are north of the border. In my book only Calabogie is a must do track. Next up you have Beaver Run, Summit Main and NJMP. These 3 tracks are all on Nesba schedule. Can't go wrong with Nesba! Don't waste your time going to Loudon.

Illernoise

ToddG;191835 wrote: Hey there! Welcome to up-state NY! We are just south of you in Syracuse. There is about 9 of us that all do track days from here. Buck and I are assistant directors and Kevin, Cooney, Murph, & Pascal are all CR's. Plus there is Poper, PJ, and Don. Beaver & NJMP will be about 7 hours and Summit Point will be 8 hours. We look forward to seeing you out!

Todd
Thanks a ton! Syracuse isn't too far. It'd be nice if they opened up a track on the west side of the state, haha. It's good to know that there's going to be a good bunch of riders from the area that I can meet up with, get some pointers from, and do some trackdays with. I look forward to meeting you all!

BlueMax;191849 wrote:
Calabogie, Shannonville & Mosport are your closest tracks. All are north of the border. In my book only Calabogie is a must do track. Next up you have Beaver Run, Summit Main and NJMP. These 3 tracks are all on Nesba schedule. Can't go wrong with Nesba! Don't waste your time going to Loudon.
I was planning on doing Calabogie but didn't know about any of the others in Canada. Thanks for the info!

dbakerpa

You are closer to tracks in Ontario. There are several near Toronto. That is only about 3 hours from Drum. I lived there for about ten years. There is some nice road riding around Potsdam and North-East of Watertown.

Illernoise

I will keep that in mind when I get up there. I'm really going to miss the roads and scenery here in Washington but I hope that I can find some things about NY that I like as well.

taylor8

I live in Clyde NY between Syracuse and Rochester. Just joined NESBA and lookin to do two track days down in PA in July. Headin out to the rondacs this saturday. Keep in touch. Nice ridin up there (rondacks)

Pascal

Welcome to NY! The folks up here are awesome! The distance to the track can be tough at time, but it's all worth it! welcome to NY!

wally

Retired Grunt from 10th Mtn Division living in Watertown. I do Beaverun and NJMP, both 6 hours from Watertown, NY. Look me up I have a trailer for two bikes and gear.

taylor8

Welcome

Hey! Welcome to upstate! I live in Clyde. About 35 minutes from syracuse to the west. I was just at the adirondacks yesterday for about 7 hours. Route 10 above Canajoharie is great for corners...a little bumpy so make sure your suspension is up for it! Im just getting started with Nesba. Im planning on goin to beaverun July 23 and 24. I havent met Todd, but everyone Ive met here on the site has been awesome. I did a couple of days at Loudon about 10 years back. Cost wasnt as bad then. Now its almost triple. I would say that the info that Ive gotten from the riders here on this site has been far more valuable than what I recieved there. Im really lookin forward to meeting everyone. Any time u wanna go out to the rondacks let me know! Maybe we'll c u soon!:D

ROCKIT

Ha I am from Upstate NY and have relocated down "south" to Virginia. Hope you like it up there; I could never make peace with such long winters. At least the land is flat!

rk97

Pascal;194974 wrote: Welcome to NY! The folks up here are awesome! The distance to the track can be tough at time, but it's all worth it! welcome to NY!
whoa, blast from the past - does this mean you're going to be out riding again this season?

Pascal

rk97;195726 wrote: whoa, blast from the past - does this mean you're going to be out riding again this season?
I'd like to, probably not this year. I am planning to help out in the pits at least once this year. For now the aprilia is stating off the track!

Wife has been telling me to get out there so I should probably listen! I'll give you a call this weekend :)

rk97

Pascal;195859 wrote: I'd like to, probably not this year. I am planning to help out in the pits at least once this year. For now the aprilia is stating off the track!

Wife has been telling me to get out there so I should probably listen! I'll give you a call this weekend :)

Take the 'priller out! if you're being extra cautious, I might actually be able to pass you :D That would pretty much be coming "full circle" for me; 2008: Pascal tows me around at my first trackday in "B" group. 2011: I pass Pascal in "A" group, and tap my tail, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA :D

(OP, sorry for the severe threadjack. Suffice to say, you've got a good group of riders around you.)