Must Watch !!!!!

rk97

if thieves want your stuff badly enough, they're going to get it. There's a scene in "gone in 60 seconds" where the kid says, "hold on, i've gotta get my tool," then goes and grabs a brick to chuck through the dealership window to steal a Porsche.

I've never seen a house I couldn't break into with a brick. Then it's just a quick stroll to the garage, where you can open the door from the inside.

"out of sight, out of mind" is probably the only real benefit to a garage.

jtsgsxr6

Um, I think a quick fix would be to safety wire the release in the latched position. Another use for safety wire! Or even duct tape. I'd love to find a thief standing in front of my garage door yanking like hell wondering why it won't open. As Mr Burns would say release the hounds.

LUCKEDUCK

jtsgsxr6;131633 wrote: Um, I think a quick fix would be to safety wire the release in the latched position. Another use for safety wire! Or even duct tape. I'd love to find a thief standing in front of my garage door yanking like hell wondering why it won't open. As Mr Burns would say release the hounds.
Thats what i was thinking about doing as soon as i saw this video!! safety wire seems the way to go!!!

7-FITTY

Alot of people think the garage is a safe haven this is just a reminder to go the extra mile to protect the stuff we work hard for safe Windows or not this could be you

jfeagin

My bay-doors have good locks to prevent that, but I just discovered my key doesn't fit in the person-door lock. :eek:

mattf

Huh....that'll be the last time I leave the inside door to the house open when I run out for a bit!

bodell

An old drill sargent once told me that locks are used to keep honest people honest. For everything else there is the threat of force.

Trent1098S

All my doors are all wired. 5 beeps on the panel means it's the garage. I slip out the back or side. They'll never see what hits them next if they're still there.

Of course, if I'm not here, my nosy neighbors own guns too and keep an eye on things. Such is country life. It's a quiet place, except on the weekends.. then I hear sporadic rifle, shotgun, and handgun fire from dawn until dusk. Everyone out here seems to shoot something. One of my neighbors also has a 50 BMG rifle - we go dutch on cases of ammo a couple times a year. :)

Meat

Thanks Courtney for reminding me. I saw something about this a few years back. Soon as I saw the video, I went out to the garage and safety wired it. If you hadn't started this thread and posted the video, my garage door release wouldn't be safety wired.

The garage door opener we had in Fort Worth had a guard that the company would send out if requested. So that may be an option for some people as well.

Again, thanks for the huge reminder!