My first track day was a success!

bmwpartsboy

I completed my fist track day yesterday at Roebling road. I will admit I was a little nervous, but that went away after the first session. The day went very smooth and everyone in the novice group seemed to follow the rules. I was comfortable being out there on the track.

I had a blast around the entire track, although I had to move over and let everyone by on the looooong front straight. One bike in my group hit 175mph down the front straight and my top speed on my Dorsoduro 750 is around 120.

I asked a CR to follow me on my last session to give me some pointers. I was advised to work on my hand position (hold it like a screwdriver) to rotate my elbows inward and since I do not like to hang my butt off the edge of my seat, work on moving my upper body. Lining up my head over the top of my hand will help my turn in.

Thanks N2 for putting together a great event. Cant wait until my next time!

bmart

Control Rider
I'm glad that you had a great first track day. We look forward to seeing you at many more. I wasn't able to make Roebling (darn migraines), but maybe we'll bump into each other at future date in the south east.

Another trick to help with body position is to note what is in your field of view. If you can see the dash...you need to move further to the inside. Combine that with being aware of applying little to no pressure on the bars; you'll notice a big difference in how tired you get and in how much easier the bike turns, and stays in a turn.