My WERA Biofuel thread.

denbsteph

Have you ever run your fat product thru a cheese cloth? It would really clear out the impurities or does that make a difference? Stupid question, are you using the Fat or the rotten stock? You could also render the product in a fridge, it would separate the stock from the fat with out cooking, plus you could have some hellafied stock to cook with, providing it was handled properly.

bodell

denbsteph;227074 wrote: Have you ever run your fat product thru a cheese cloth? It would really clear out the impurities or does that make a difference? Stupid question, are you using the Fat or the rotten stock? You could also render the product in a fridge, it would separate the stock from the fat with out cooking, plus you could have some hellafied stock to cook with, providing it was handled properly.
I will be documenting the whole process as it is done, part of which is a centrifuge that will remove far more than any type of filtering. Keep in mind that this is going to be a very small kitchen project for entertainment purposes, not the large scale type of rendering we do at the refinery. More to come late in the week.

Gorecki

Subscribed to the wera thread and now this. I voted to dyno it simply because it'll likely be your most cost effect way to see statistical results I would think?

In anycase, I'm infinitely curious about what you're doing.

Blinky

Sounds like some stuff going on, Maybe you can get it to smell like a juicy hamburger when I'm behind someone using it.

I don't know anything how to make it but couldn't you have used about 10lbs of Fatback instead of going through all that saving it in containers.

bodell

Blinky;227097 wrote: Sounds like some stuff going on, Maybe you can get it to smell like a juicy hamburger when I'm behind someone using it.

I don't know anything how to make it but couldn't you have used about 10lbs of Fatback instead of going through all that saving it in containers.
Hamburger would be beef, not pork. And as a true Southerner, I always save my bacon grease.