n00b question

quicka2

Hi all,
I have a dumb question about racing numbers. I will be attending the track day event in Summit both the 11 ans 12th and it seems I have pretty much everything that I need except numbers for my bike. It is my first time on the track and I will be in the begginer class so do I even need numbers? I read the nesba guide and it appears I do, so where can anyone point me to a place that has decent ones. My bike is completely stock (09 R6) and finding a 6" space to put anything would be challenging. So I am guessing the windscreen will be the only place, but what do I do for the back?

Thanks for you guys help..

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Or, you could check at a local dealer or Cyclegear for the dirt bike numbers. You could always make some out of tape, too. Just so long as they're visible. They can be on the front and/or the tail, doesn't have to be both.

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Blue Painters tape and a Sharpie is all you'll really need. You'll be using the tape it to cover your lights anyway. Pick a number that will be easy to color in ("11", "17", etc). I've even seen fancy use of black electrical tape over the blue painters tape. This way you'll have no issues taking the tape off when you go back to street set-up.

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Just make sure to disconnect the headlight & tail lights. Even painters tape will leave sticky residue on the lens. Have fun!

vinny337

Vin is in...Beastmode!
Control Rider
no dumb question have fun out there, you're going to love that track...BTW 75 is a great number :D

quicka2

vinny337;240497 wrote: no dumb question have fun out there, you're going to love that track...BTW 75 is a great number :D
Thanks, 75 is a great number, but I was thinking 76 :)