N2 and Slow Steve made a great experience for the greenest rider ever.

Paul Risberg

I just wanted to say thanks for such an outstanding experience at NCCAR for a first timer. I love to go fast, but my experience is limited to cars, 60's era Triumphs, a 70's era H2 that was hard to change lanes on, but at least it went fast in a straight line, an 80's era Kawasaki Cruiser, and modern 2 stroke dirtbikes. Everybody could have ignored me and tried to get around me so they could have the day they deserve on a great track day. My instructors could have said that I was too inexperienced, and my bike was too slow. But they didn't.

Four months ago I bought a decidedly underpowered Ninja 500 twin bike with the most primitive suspension out there. I bought the best tires I could find that it would spin with it's 52 horsepower. I did the prep work for tech inspection. Thanks for the website primer, it was easy. Long story to explain why excellent instruction, patient support and feedback, and a great opportunity to learn made this a fantastic day for me. Steve was able to help me understand the most basic concepts of rider safety and speed simultaneously. Even after I made a mistake, he said learn why it happened, and if you still want to ride, then ride.

The staff sessions were excellent. I learned a lot, and the next track day I go to, I will be a little faster and looking for that next tip about body position, contact patch or transition from braking to turning. I'm 53, brand new and looking for a faster bike, and feel like I made a great decision to join N2. My last session, I did a 2:04. I am positive and can get under two with that old heap, and I'm already shopping for the next ride. Finally, to the other riders, and especially Steve, thanks. It was my pleasure to learn from you.

Otto Man

John
Control Rider
Glad to hear you had a good time. That's what it's all about! Hope to see you out there again soon.

ninjamansc

THE Comstock
Control Rider
That's what it's all about, man. Having fun and burning tires. Riding that EX500 is the best way to learn smooth. Keep on keepin on and we'll see you out there!

Slow Steve

I hate pushups.
Control Rider
Paul, I had so much fun riding and hanging out with you Saturday. You were like a sponge soaking up everything I had to say. You fought with that bike all day, never gave up and finally showed it who was boss. I look forward to doing it again soon. Maybe next time your 2 pit mates will join you on the track. Congrats on your first track day. Well done.

smorourke

[QUOTE="...I'm already shopping for the next ride....[/QUOTE]

SV650 track prepped and set up for you....you will have so much more fun and it will be easier all around...look on the Classified spaces (WERA, N2, etc.)...

Keep coming back!

Paul Risberg

Follow up! Just got my SV650. What tires would anyone recommend? I'm not ready for track tires, warmers or anything like that, but I don't really care too much if they don't have good street life. I ran new Pirelli sport Demons and they seemed good, but what do I know. Maybe I can find really good. Look forward to seeing you all soon.