NC BIKE, OCT 8th

Good afternoon, N2,

Did a first track day with N2 at NC Bike on October 8th, 2017. First off, I would like to thank everyone that came out for being supportive and professional. From when I pulled in Saturday night, I was met by a rider Brian, who offered and helped me unload. Usually I keep to myself but it was a welcome and friendly surprise. Also, his girlfriend was friendly. We all talked track days, weather and about their 959's. Going to bed that night, I was just really excited knowing that when I wake, I was surrounded by men and women who love motorcycles. I just wish that my wife and kids were able to come.

I also met Eric and his dog, (distracted by his S1000RR) he offered great advice and a spot to set up pitt on the road next to him. Time was flying by trying to meet time hacks so I never ended up moving. Which, Brian would up loosing a 4th neighbor. So, I kept in the back allowing all the normal track day riders to do their thing.

From the classroom to pitt and to the track, all of the N2 staff was polite, professional and willing to go out of their way to help and offer advice. A lot of bad riding habbits, I tried to soak in as much as I could. It is frustrating because you know you are doing them but sometimes it helps that somebody calls you out on them. I was helped by two CR's I believe Ron (on the GSX-R 750) who offered great advice on track days, body position, trail breaking, throttle control, you name it. Another to help, maybe Ryan (I am horrible with names) with closing my distance in between turns and foot placements. I highly appreciate the advice and help.

I am willing to lean, trying to push past some barriers but most importantly, I want to be a safe rider for the other track day members as well. Got overlapped multiple times in the group but it was awesome to see their pace around the track. All honesty, I was so overwhelmed to finally be out on the track and riding again after so many years.

Well, I didn't mean to write an essay, but I felt it was necessary to say thank you for N2 and everybody that was out there. For N2 offering the track days and free 1-on-1 advice, it is one thing we can do to show our thanks. I look forward to seeing you guys and learning more next year at NC Bike and thanks again!

Respectfully,
Sean Evans

wmhjr

Grandpa
Control Rider
Sean, awesome that you had a great time- we enjoyed you being there. Your attitude and eagerness to continue building on your own experience while getting rid of bad habits and learning new good ones will without question have going yet faster and safer! Even with the very humid (i.e., rain) conditions that we had to deal with on and off, it was a great weekend. We really hope to see you back at NCBike and other tracks. Ron mentioned you to me during the drive home so you got his name right at least! See you at the track in the future!

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
Sean, thanks for coming out to ride with us. I'm glad you had a good time. Who would have thought you could have that much fun on a bike on a race track in the wet conditions right? Actually, a less than perfect weather day is a great time to focus on fundamentals and work on us as a rider rather than focusing on going fast. Speed is a result of so much more than twisting the throttle. Can't wait to see you out with us again.

BTW, this weekend was Ron's first weekend coaching so it sounds like he passed.....lol!

Congrats Ron!!!

bmart

Control Rider
Really glad that you had a good time, Sean. I'm not sure if we got a chance to meet. It sounds like your head is in the right place. I look forward to working with you ad future track days. What tracks are you planning to visit?

Thank you guys for all of the support! Maybe next time I will invest in some wets to have a little more confidence. Hahaha Most importantly I need to work on the basics, body position, throttle Control and trail breaking. It was an awesome weekend regardless of the rain. If it was up to me, a dry morning and a wet afternoon would be perfect.

I was also wondering if any photography was done for NC BIKE and how to obtain them? Since my wife and kids could not make it to watch everyone ride, maybe that couod make up for it. With my current schedule, I may only be able to ride NC BIKE and possibly VIR next year. I look forward to riding with you guys again and overlapping me. Hahaha

Slitherin

Control Rider
Director
The Photographer for the event was sick and could not make it out for our event. Sorry about that.