NC Bike thoughts?

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Ditto: I’m signed up for YCRS (2nd time) and then two days (though Sunday I may have to bail around noon). First time w/ N2 and first time on my Thruxton so I’m jazzed it about. Looks like track should be fine with the linking as noted above . . . Like a puzzle, and speaking personally, I sometimes get thrown off by tracks that are totally flat as what this seems from vids but focused on turns. Looking at a vid (
) I count 7 lefties and 4 righties…
That’s my buddy Tim’s video.
Looking forward to meeting you for champ school. I’m already looking at the weather like some crazy person .
You’re gonna have a great time with N2.

Howdy, I'm considering NCBike end of this month, never been, looking for thoughts on track and whether its worth a 7+ hr drive.

VIR North I'd drive to hell and back, CMP worth a 6 hr drive.

Thanks!
Kirk

@Kirk J Erlinger

Actually, NCBike is probably a great track to ride after driving that many miles. It's a pretty wide track so your safety factor increases and therefore your likelihood of going home with a shiny bike and happy bones.

People tend to go off at T1 so definitely want to build up your awareness on that turn before trying to get deep into it.

I'm working on 27 & 28 April for YCRS* and then doing a private lesson with Ben on Saturday, 29 April.

*Don't be fooled...this means stocking the fridge with water bottles in the morning and gassing bikes at lunch. But I had to write it because it made me feel moto-glamorous if only for a second.

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Well boys, signed up for A group for Saturday, looking forward to riding a new to me track.
Plan on arriving Friday afternoon and tent camping.

Thanks again for all your comments!
Kirk
If you're tent camping, when you come in the gate hang to the right when the road forks. It'll put you furthest away from tech/pit out, but there's a decently wide flat spot under the powerlines up by the main building, and you'll be closer to the showers.

Edit: Any time after 4pm they'll let you in to spend the night, but not before 4.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Would like to double check.
There is power available in the pits? Would rather not bring my Gen.
Thanks again
There are 30/50A power hookups in the main gravel parking lot.
It's first come first serve, and good spots closest to the main pit lane fill up first.
There are more spots located along the back tree line of the parking lot, but you'll have to ride through the gravel for those.

The paddock area around the main building does not have power. (minus 1 or 2 15A sockets on the short lamp ballards near the concrete curb.)

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Would like to double check.
There is power available in the pits? Would rather not bring my Gen.
Thanks again
Yah Like Brent said...if you want power and don't want to ride through the rocks, show up Friday, track opens at 4. If you pull up the satellite image, you basically put the bike and ezup along the paved road and then put your truck/trailer on the opposite of the big ditch. Shit for camping though...the ditch is sloped on both sides.

BGalh1812

Yah Like Brent said...if you want power and don't want to ride through the rocks, show up Friday, track opens at 4. If you pull up the satellite image, you basically put the bike and ezup along the paved road and then put your truck/trailer on the opposite of the big ditch. Shit for camping though...the ditch is sloped on both sides.
Yes, yes it is. The far back corner in the gravel area is probably the quietest and there's some flat space between the gravel and the trees.

MK3Brent

Treebeard
Yes, yes it is. The far back corner in the gravel area is probably the quietest and there's some flat space between the gravel and the trees.
There are some choice spots for sure.

52814840891_e38304a6ed_c.jpg