NCBike: Hotel recommendations

Hey folks. Traveling down to NCBike for the track days on October 21st & 22nd. Need a place to stay for 2 nights - so we are looking for some suggestions.

Doesn’t need to be fancy, will only be sleeping there. But don’t want a no-tell motel either. The closer to the track the better.

Thanks for any recommendations you might have.

Scott

The B Team

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Also can't comment about the Hilton, but I DID ask a couple coaches about the Super 8 right there at the Garysburg exit and was strongly warned against it.

bmart

Control Rider
Thanks so much for the reply. For some reason those rooms are going for $289/night. We are looking for something a bit cheaper :). Closer to $100-$150/night
Good luck with cheap. Hotels in this area are always crazy high. Maybe use points instead of cash? That's what I did with IHG.

domarena33

Track Day Superstar
Hey scott, when I did YCRS at NCBike I stayed in Emporia, VA. It's a little bit away (~20 minutes if I remember correctly?) but it should open up your options as far as hotels. I stayed at the Fairfield @ 104 Cloverleaf Dr, Emporia, VA 23847. Nothing special but it was pretty clean, no bed bugs or roaches. Then again, that was 2016. No promises lol

Thanks for all the replies folks. I will expand the search a ways like @domman89 mentions. I found a few places a bit further down the road that fall within our budget.

I’d camp, but my buddy prefers a hotel - and he’s driving, so I’m trying to take care of the homework and make it happen. I think I’ll appreciate the hotel room after an 8+ hour drive too.

We got a little spoiled at NJMP with the lodging right on site!

Looking forward to the track days. Hope to see some of you there!

Goodman

Photo-Rider
I've stayed at the SureStay several times this year and like it. It is only two exits south of NCB. Usually fairly cheap.

I've stayed at the SureStay several times this year and like it. It is only two exits south of NCB. Usually fairly cheap.
Thanks so much. Looks like the surestay or red roof should fit the budget and be good enough for a simple bed.

Appreciate all the help folks!

GeorgeB

GeorgeB
Control Rider
It's hard there because it's either higher priced like Hilton and Hampton Inn or the lower priced one that aren't the best. I book the Hilton at the start of season, with the day before cancellation, and signup as the member to get some discounts

Avoid the Super8 at the track exit and the Baymont in Roanoke Rapids, trust me.

It's hard there because it's either higher priced like Hilton and Hampton Inn or the lower priced one that aren't the best. I book the Hilton at the start of season, with the day before cancellation, and signup as the member to get some discounts

Avoid the Super8 at the track exit and the Baymont in Roanoke Rapids, trust me.
Appreciate the heads up. Looks like there is a consensus on the super 8. Looking like I’ll shoot for the Red Roof or SureStay. Might not be the best - but maybe we won’t come home with extra passengers? :)

virtualsolitude

Musician, physician but mostly fond of fishin'.
Thanks so much. Looks like the surestay or red roof should fit the budget and be good enough for a simple bed.

Appreciate all the help folks!

Used to stay at the red roof inn before I learned to sleep at the track (which is your best option). Always seems to be a persistent smell of bug spray but had no bug sightings. Your trailer / bikes are safer being dropped off at NCBike for the night.

Used to stay at the red roof inn before I learned to sleep at the track (which is your best option). Always seems to be a persistent smell of bug spray but had no bug sightings. Your trailer / bikes are safer being dropped off at NCBike for the night.
I ended up booking another place. We are definitely dropping the bikes/trailer at the track the night before. Makes for an easier morning too.

I've stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn a few times, until they decided to double charge me.

Then they decided to charge ma the same amount a few months later, when I wasn't even there.