NCBike questions

Meat

I'm planning on signing up for NCBike and wanted to see what info people had on the place.

Paddock surface?
Power?
Gate times?
Clockwise or counterclockwise?

Thank you for you help.

gursesl

Hello Meat,

There are two areas you can use as paddock - the main road, which is paved and the actual paddock which is not. Folks use both, but I personally prefer the road, albeit its a bit tigher as far as space. If you have pets, kids, you might want to use the paddock, but have to live with the rocks on your tires as you pit in and out. If you choose to use the road, plan on being there early cause they go fast or have someone hold a space for you. Both the road and the paddock have power, although it is considerably more limited for the road.

Gate times and more information here.

Nesba usually runs clockwise. Tires go faster, in my experience, so bring some extra. Not sure if there will be a tire vendor in Sep. Peanut may know.

Meat

Thank you very much! I did a search for NCBike but nothing came up. But, that honestly could be due to my cell signal being so sketchy.

yohoho

Meat;286449 wrote: Thank you very much! I did a search for NCBike but nothing came up. But, that honestly could be due to my cell signal being so sketchy.
Website is hard to find searching NCBike, goes by NCCAR: http://nccar.us/ Check the aerial view to see the road and gravel paddock.

USMC_10

Unfortunately there's no tire service for NCBike events. Collin only supports Mid-Atlantic tracks (as far south as Summit), and NCBike is too long of a haul for Chuck at PerformanceCycleWorx to make it. Can't blame him as it is an 8+ hour drive each way.

That said, NCBike is a nice track and well worth the trip. If you do plan on setting up on the pavement instead of the gravel paddock, I recommend bringing extra extension chords as it could be a bit of a ways from the nearest power box depending where you can get a spot. Unless of course you're running your own generator.

Cheers,
Mike

Meat

USMC_10;286464 wrote: Unfortunately there's no tire service for NCBike events. Collin only supports Mid-Atlantic tracks (as far south as Summit), and NCBike is too long of a haul for Chuck at PerformanceCycleWorx to make it. Can't blame him as it is an 8+ hour drive each way.

That said, NCBike is a nice track and well worth the trip. If you do plan on setting up on the pavement instead of the gravel paddock, I recommend bringing extra extension chords as it could be a bit of a ways from the nearest power box depending where you can get a spot. Unless of course you're running your own generator.

Cheers,
Mike
Thanks. I will put a couple extra extension cords in the trailer.

This is good info guys. Thank you.