NCBike

Slowzuki

Does anybody knows why Nesba doesn't run NCBike? I heard good things about the track and bad things about the paddock, like... Only ONE shower!!

Turn 5, the long left hander comes into close proximity to the main straight. The only separation between both portions of the track is about 70 feet of space with a guard rail acting as a buffer. The track is run clockwise.

From experience, it's not as bad as it seems but that is certainly subjective. Most "offs" I've seen have been on the back, faster portions of the track.

The tarmac is fresh and offers tremendous amounts of grip. The track is wide enough to change/re-adjust lines as needed.

The paddock is stone, but the two gentlemen that run the track permit you to erect canopies and deploy a "pit area" on the traffic way. They ask that you still park trailers/vehicles on the stone during the day. Just unload early when you get there.

I would be there but I have to do some in-house training which does not permit me to take Monday off for the drive home.

FYI, if you run Pirelli or softer tires, the track will eat them because of the new surface and heat generated. FWIW, I ran the Michelin cup tires, medium "C" rears and had no issues. WHen you come off, check your pressures promptly or bring wads of cash/tires :D

Slowzuki

I'll run a fresh set of Michelin power ones. Thanks for the great advice!! As you might know, wads of $$$ is never an option:D:cheers:

Enjoy! The track is excellent with regards to addressing errors in your riding, I.E. looking through the turn, body position, mid-corner corrections and so forth. I started riding on a 600, never did before, and a few days there I felt right at home on it. It really is a great track. Perhaps some tactical placement of some air fences will make it more appealing. The two guys that run the track really go out of their way to make it worth while.

joeyb

I'll be there sunday, are there any places for spectators to watch besides the long straight?

trekuhl

Control Rider
Slowzuki;239274 wrote: Does anybody knows why Nesba doesn't run NCBike? I heard good things about the track and bad things about the paddock, like... Only ONE shower!!
TPM has some sort of exclusive multi-year deal with the track to be the only moto provider there as well i believe, so that sort of sours things for any other track day orgs wanting to get a foot in the door.

Twiztedjester55

trekuhl;239333 wrote: TPM has some sort of exclusive multi-year deal with the track to be the only moto provider there as well i believe, so that sort of sours things for any other track day orgs wanting to get a foot in the door.
Yeah but they are also the "Exclusive" track day org for NJMP but that hasn't stopped everyone else from running there. I'm sure if NCbike addressed some of the safety concerns other orgs have with certain parts of the track they probably would be able to rent it out.

lindr6

joeyb;239308 wrote: I'll be there sunday, are there any places for spectators to watch besides the long straight?
They have a tower where you can see the whole track. Where the tower sits it elevated so you can see the track with no problems.

Blueberry

Twiztedjester55;239342 wrote: I'm sure if NCbike addressed some of the safety concerns other orgs have with certain parts of the track they probably would be able to rent it out.
I was down there a couple weekends ago and happened to stick around after the day to overhear part of a meeting the track owners/management and cornerworkers were having with the track day club. They were going over their track map and discussing ways to improve safety, including location of cornerworker stations, runoff, sight lines, etc.- basically schooling them in the differences between car and bikes in terms of what can happen and how to protect/prevent, etc. Really cool stuff to be a fly on the wall to hear.

My take on the management of the track from the entire weekend is that they are VERY engaged and motivated to establish at least a bike track day business, perhaps more. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the appropriate changes in the next few years to draw more future business. I'm guessing/hoping the revenue made by the initial track day club will be reinvested to benefit many clubs (including Nesba of course!) in the future.

Blueberry;239349 wrote: I was down there a couple weekends ago and happened to stick around after the day to overhear part of a meeting the track owners/management and cornerworkers were having with the track day club. They were going over their track map and discussing ways to improve safety, including location of cornerworker stations, runoff, sight lines, etc.- basically schooling them in the differences between car and bikes in terms of what can happen and how to protect/prevent, etc. Really cool stuff to be a fly on the wall to hear.

My take on the management of the track from the entire weekend is that they are VERY engaged and motivated to establish at least a bike track day business, perhaps more. I'd be very surprised if they didn't make the appropriate changes in the next few years to draw more future business. I'm guessing/hoping the revenue made by the initial track day club will be reinvested to benefit many clubs (including Nesba of course!) in the future.

This.

I suspect they may move even sooner than that.

silver 14

Me and my buddy will be there this weekend got the two day deal $200 for the whole weekend. First track day for both of us looking to have a blast !!! Afirend of mine is a control rider for them he said that it is a fast track.

joeyb

lindr6;239347 wrote: They have a tower where you can see the whole track. Where the tower sits it elevated so you can see the track with no problems.
Cool thanks!

denbsteph

That is correct, 5 year deal with NCCAR/NCBIKE. I was there in March and was speaking with "Bill" owner of NCCAR track. He "Bill" did say, from his understanding that TPM would not cock block any other organization from riding there. There is a Bird stand where you can see the whole track. As far as "Gravel", I did not see gravel I seen ROCK the size of golf balls, some the size of Baseballs, not BS either. Bring a piece of plywood to set your bike on.

I'm not gonna jump out there for NESBA, might want to e-mail Bob or JRA for the politically correct answer.

Slowzuki

What about the paddock? Is there any electricity avaliable? Showers? I was planning to camp, but I heard there's a hotel nearby...

speedfree

Slowzuki;239432 wrote: What about the paddock? Is there any electricity avaliable? Showers? I was planning to camp, but I heard there's a hotel nearby...
There is "a" shower in the admin building. There is plentiful electricity around the perimeter of the paddock area, so you may want a generator if you're staging on the access road. If you rip a piece of plywood in half lengthwise, it makes a perfect landing pad in the riprap that's the paddock surface. It's actually not possible to roll a stand in it.
Please drop your trailers in the compound if you're staying in any local hotels.. we had a bike stolen already from the Super 8 closest to the track. Damn crackheads. PM me if you're rolling in after midnight & I'll shoot anybody the weekend gate code.

...yeah, I'm using my phone.