NCM Track Weekend in 25 days!!! WooooHoooo!!!

Post on your FB page and on any motorcycle forum please! Let's get this puppy filled up - it is an AWESOME track!!!

HJ

Alright riders - our first ever National Corvette Museum track event is only 25 days away (October 3 & 4)! Time for you to experience one of the BEST tracks I've ever ridden - smooth, fast, nice elevation changes, and a 5000 foot front straight! I've been on this track many times now and it never fails to put a huge smile on my face!! Go to www.n2td.org and get your spot reserved today. We will have a full crew of coaches on hand ready and willing to provide personal instruction, to keep the day moving safely and on time, and did I mention 8 SESSIONS (20 minutes) each day?? No quiet time Sunday morning and running from 8:30 until 5:30 each day! Power and garage rentals are available through the track at www.motorsportspark.org/. This is a brand new facility with race/regular/diesel fuel service on-site, very nice bathrooms and showers, plenty of room for parking and camping spots (all on pavement), an awesome lunch vendor, and easy access to the interstate (exit 28 on I-65).

Get your spot reserved today - this one will sell out folks!

It'll be the Modified Bike Course. 2.9 miles long, not sure if it is up on their site but I'll get a copy of their layout, modify it and post it up.

HJ

srastoder

Control Rider
If you need a hotel room while at NCM, contact Super 8 on Cimberland Trace, exit 22. It's only 5-10 min away from the track. We have a negotiated rate of $59 for single occupancy and $69 for double. Just mention "motorcycle race club" rate.
I know several people who stays there and they said it was clean and good value

MaximumJEFF

Grand Max "Bike"
2.9 miles

And, I stay at the Super 8 every time I go there.

10986712_907866192585304_5953796848477508564_n_zpsqtrmk1nb.jpg

rhill

Never been to NCM but looking forward to this.

Question, do they allow camping at the track?

nk140

I have a question. I haven't rode with N2 since the restructuring. I have a non current expert race license. Would I be able to sign up for advanced instead of doing the bump process? I have been to NCM before, but I don't want to get stuck in I if advanced is full.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
I have a question. I haven't rode with N2 since the restructuring. I have a non current expert race license. Would I be able to sign up for advanced instead of doing the bump process? I have been to NCM before, but I don't want to get stuck in I if advanced is full.
Did you ride in the Advanced group with Nesba? If so, you should still be in Advanced in the system. Does your old login work to get into your account and see? I think all that stuff transferred over, but I'm not sure. If you were in the A group with Nesba, but can't access your account, send an email to support@n2td.org

nk140

Did you ride in the Advanced group with Nesba? If so, you should still be in Advanced in the system. Does your old login work to get into your account and see? I think all that stuff transferred over, but I'm not sure. If you were in the A group with Nesba, but can't access your account, send an email to support@n2td.org

Old nesba left the region before I was bumped to A. I am a expert level racer but didn't renew my license this year. I still have the old one.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Old nesba left the region before I was bumped to A. I am a expert level racer but didn't renew my license this year. I still have the old one.
Yeah I'm not sure about that, I think the manual states current expert licence. Sounds like it's recently expired. But I'd send an email and ask.

nk140

Yeah I'm not sure about that, I think the manual states current expert licence. Sounds like it's recently expired. But I'd send an email and ask.
I sent an email to the contact us on the site right after I typed my question. I just don't want to get stuck in intermediate if advanced is full. I would rather stay home.

rhill

Todd is quicker than me and should be in advanced group, without a shadow of doubt....plus I need him in A group to give me a tow since I've never been to NCM :laugh:

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Todd is quicker than me and should be in advanced group, without a shadow of doubt....plus I need him in A group to give me a tow since I've never been to NCM :laugh:
Hahaha, damn, well if he's quicker than you...I agree!!!
Hopefully it can get sorted out!

Kruizen

Control Rider
Thought I was just reading something about ncm facing legal issues and being forced to shut down until the end of the year while a noise study is completed.

Ncm is fighting it, and refusing to shut down. Have they contacted N2 about the future dates?

They aren't being forced to shut down. A group of homes in close proximity to the track has complained about excessive noise levels. NCM has agreed to immediately erect additional sound barriers and are in the process of doing that. Those barriers should be in place by the end of next week. NCM agreed to not hold another event after this weekend until the barriers are in place. They have to have additional events (both car & motorcycle) to test the dB levels once the barriers are in place.

It's my understanding that there has only been 1 event at NCM in the past year that has exceeded the established dB limit. But last weekend some idiot went out on a bike with no pipe and lit it up....sometimes we are our own worst enemy....

If you sign up and the event is canceled by the track I know we will all get our $$ back - no ifs, ands, or buts...

HJ