neck protection

kbonigut

Dec 12, 2008
Hey all -

Wanted to post this up after I came across an article in RRW and doing some digging on Youtube. I have been wondering about neck protection since I started with track riding a couple years ago with Nesba. I always wondered why there was nothing similar to what there is out there for dirt riding. Well it looks like Leatt finally got it nailed, this thing looks pretty sweet and not too cumbersome. Check out the vids below. I think I am going to grab one for the peace of mind, I have just heard about too many rough injuries that could be avoided to not have this I think.

pretty good prod info
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8u0p36mSI00

pretty good demo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro1bCH709y0&feature=related

lemondrop

Professional Asphalt Surfer
Sep 16, 2008
Richmond, Vagina
www.rehabessentials.com
I looked into these last winter....Though Leets didnt have theirs in production yet.

A*'s believes that most injuries occur to the clavicle and therefore, their airbag system puffs up the suit around the shoulders and chest. Pretty cool and uses GPS. However, I really dont care iff my clavicle is fine if I broke my neck during a crash. Therefore, I disagre with A*'s position.

RS Taichi has a cool airbag neck collar that looks like it would do the same as the Leets, just concealed. Only downside is that you have to buy the RS Taichi suit.

This Leets looks like a good option and I may have to purchase one as well

slowpoke

May 18, 2009
I'm holding out for the A* airbag system which supposedly offers neck protection in addition to clavicle.

They estimate it will be available in US by summer although first round of production will be about $4k so I guess I'll be waiting a year or so.

kbonigut

Dec 12, 2008
Yeah I think that in 2-3 yrs the air bag system will be all over the market, hopefully for alot less than 4K, i bet about 1500 once they get it totally sorted out. I have seen a couple guys riding with the exterior air bag harness that looks pretty good as well. I have never really looked into the neck protection aspect of those. The neck is the thing that worries me most and this at 400 looks like a pretty good stop gap.

TeamBeer

Oct 30, 2010
Maybe NESBA could arrange for Leatt to attend some events. They were at Barber with STT in March with demo units that you could try.

madriders86

Aug 1, 2009
teambeer;182398 wrote: maybe nesba could arrange for leatt to attend some events. They were at barber with stt in march with demo units that you could try.
yes. :)

ontheR6

Aug 27, 2009
TeamBeer;182398 wrote: Maybe NESBA could arrange for Leatt to attend some events. They were at Barber with STT in March with demo units that you could try.
:agree:
That would be awesome!!