Need consensus on new glove fitting.......

noupf

So, i picked up two pairs of A* GP Pro Gloves, a large and extra large so i could see which fit best ( will be sending one back ). Here's the results after trying them on.....

Size large: Fit very snug, no room in finger tips, all in all just a tad bit tight. Had to put some effort into getting the gloves on, but it felt ok ( very snug in all places ) once on. overall feeling, a little tight. if it stretches a little ( i think leather stretches over time ) it may be ok.....

Size XL: Fit very well, just a tiny bit on the loose side. minimal effort to get hand in, just a very tiny bit of space at the finger tips. If it stretches out, it will probably be a little loose. Felt good, just not too snug.

Whats your thought here?

Shinobi

I would go with the large, they will be perfect once they stretch and they "will" stretch with use and as the leather breathes. Its the nature of leather. My handroids were pretty tight when I bought them, now they are a perfect fit preserving the sensitivity/dexterity of the digits on the controls. When the XL's stretch they may be too loose ya know......

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

sv650

Kendall
My held thrux gloves were tight when I got them - throttle hand was uncomfortable to ride with. They broke in pretty quickly and are comfortable now. I second the size L

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
As much as I like Alpinestars suits and boots....not a fan of their gloves.

My suggestion..send them both back and get a pair of Held Phantom II's or Titans. They're kangaroo, so they're thin for digit dexterity on the controls, yet the best hand protection I've encountered, yet. They come in numbered sizes..not just s, m, l, xl, and xxl so you can get a more custom-like fit. You want them a little snug because they're gonna stretch a bit with your perspiration throughout a track day.

Shinobi

D-Zum was that you ridin around with your kid saying "Hi Mr Vinny" ; ) sorry should have said hello......next time

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Sideshow Bob

I have a pair of Alpinestars, and they were so snug when I first tried them on that i almost sent them back. They are perfect now. Just rub lots of leather conditioner into them. Tj at rider discount told me they were supposed to be tight.

D-Zum

D-Zum was that you ridin around with your kid saying "Hi Mr Vinny" ; ) sorry should have said hello......next time

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Yeah..that was Alex and I giving him his "Scooter Ride" fix thanks to Emerson allowing me to borrow his Zuma for a little bit.

I never imagined how excited he'd be to go to the track with me..the bikes, the sounds, all the people he gets to meet,....he just LOVES it. He's ALL about helping me with Tech and on/off warmers between sessions. It's fun for me to see his enthusiasm.

Only 14 more years and I can get him an SV650 or something to get him started. ;-)

Stop me next time....and come get a beer or root beer from my cooler.

Shinobi

Yeah..that was Alex and I giving him his "Scooter Ride" fix thanks to Emerson allowing me to borrow his Zuma for a little bit.

I never imagined how excited he'd be to go to the track with me..the bikes, the sounds, all the people he gets to meet,....he just LOVES it. He's ALL about helping me with Tech and on/off warmers between sessions. It's fun for me to see his enthusiasm.

Only 14 more years and I can get him an SV650 or something to get him started. ;-)

Haha I could tell he was having fun, just beautiful. Why not start him in the dirt in two years hahaha

Kawasaki ZX6 - 2007

Mechanics-Technique
Bravery-Restraint

Mikey75702

Darrin, you could always get him a mini, I believe NJMP has trackdays/races for them... And there is a track not far from you in BelAir???? I think its called sandy hook or something, they do mini racing.

D-Zum

He's already asked me for a dirt bike...so I told him once he can ride his Buzz Lightyear bicycle we'll see what we can do.

All in due time my friends...All in due time.