Need glove recommendation

Blipstein

Hey guys,
I'm pretty disappointed in my GP Tech's as they only lasted one season before falling apart. The leather in the palm and fingers just didn't hold up. I'm done with those. What are you guys using for gloves? Any help is appreciated.

Werd

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Held! I've worn them almost exclusively for the past 17 years. Tried the Knox Handroids, they were ok, but I'm back to Helds. Currently, it's the Phantom.

borislav

Control Rider
Held Phantom's all the way,crashed in them twice and still going strong after two years!
BUT it all depends how much you want to spend,etc,etc...!

GriffinD

Never had the Helds but, heard great things. I used the Knox Handriods for 3 days & loved them. Very easy on & off and felt great! They'll be my go to glove in 2013.

LOrtega

Control Rider
Im a homer but Cortech Adrenaline RR Glove..Tested them a few times :/ and they are still ticking

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I've bought more gloves than I care to admit. I had a little bare handed pit crash in Road Atlanta in Dec. 2009 that ground the skin off five of my knuckles..been obsessed with gloves ever since. Nothing like standing in the morning Rider's Meeting with blood dripping down your hands because your dumb ass wore EVERYTHING BUT THE GLOVES through tech..then dump it on the way back to your pit because it's 29 degrees, your tires are frozen the paddock's frozen (no grip) and you're just an IDIOT!!!!!

Anyway.....

Current favorites are the Held Titans and the Dianese Full Metal Pro's.

They're pricey, but I love them both.

The Phantoms are also VERY nice.

emry

HELD. End of thread. I am curious about the Knox, but currently wearing RS Taichi. I want my HELD's again. I don't want to crash on the RS's. Maybe for Christmas.... :)

z064life

I wear heroic and love them...crash tested as well...

Everyone I know that wears them loves them....they are in line with Held from what I've seen/heard.

RADAR Magnet

Another vote for Held Phantoms here. I have two full seasons on a pair and they're in great shape. I think there's another thread in here, or maybe the WERA forum, talking about the Knox gloves; worth reading to help inform your decision.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
RADAR Magnet;261535 wrote: Another vote for Held Phantoms here. I have two full seasons on a pair and they're in great shape.
Haha, I think I used a pair of the old model Held Galaxy for about 8 years. I retired them just because. I still use them on the street. I do wash them every year and condition them.
Here's Held-specific directions, although I'm sure they'd apply to any glove:

Held Glove Care

Here is a discussion about how to care for your Held gloves. This information was provided by the folks that distribute Held gloves in the USA:
When you ride, all of the sweat, along with the oils, acids and salts contained in your sweat will soak into the leather. After a while this built up sweat contamination may cause the leather to fail prematurely. You should wash your gloves with soap and water to remove this sweat build up.
After riding, let your gloves breathe and dry out. Do not store them in a closed container, jacket pocket, helmet or tank bag.
Held recommends washing and conditioning gloves at least once a year. And more often if you sweat heavy, ride in a hot climate, notice salt rings (white stains) or discoloration from repeatedly being soaked with sweat, if the leather gets hard or stiff, or if you begin to notice a smell from the gloves.
And here is how to do it!
• Rinse the gloves with clean water (do not use high pressure). You may also soak the gloves for awhile in clear water to loosen up and draw the sweat out of the gloves.
• Wash the inside of the gloves with soap and water. Dilute soap in the water; do not apply soap concentrate directly into gloves. Regular antibacterial liquid hand soap works well. Allow the gloves to soak in the soapy water.
• Using your hands, work the inside surfaces of the gloves. Rinse and repeat as needed until you are satisfied that the gloves are clean. Rinse the gloves thoroughly.
• Use your fingers and hands, starting at the finger tips and working down, press or squeeze the water out of the gloves. Do not twist or wring the gloves when wet; this may distort the shape and fit of the gloves.
• For gloves with Kevlar or padding, you may want to place a small folded towel in the gloves and press the water out of those areas.
• Allow the gloves to dry slowly. Do not place in direct sunlight or expose to high heat. Lying in front of a fan in the garage is a good place.
• Just before the gloves are completely dry, put the gloves on and shape them to your hand while damp. Remove the gloves, trying to keep this hand shape in the gloves. Allow to continue drying.
• After the gloves are completely dry, apply a good quality leather conditioner. This is important because properly treated and conditioned (oiled) leather will breathe and the internal micro fibers will move freely in the leather. Use a good quality leather conditioner that will allow the leather to breathe. Apply conditioner generously and rub into the leather. Allow the conditioner to soak into the gloves and reapply (you can do this in the sun).
• Wipe off any excess conditioner and make sure the gloves are not slick on the motorcycle controls.

jcrich

D-Zum;261519 wrote: I've bought more gloves than I care to admit. I had a little bare handed pit crash in Road Atlanta in Dec. 2009 that ground the skin off five of my knuckles..been obsessed with gloves ever since. Nothing like standing in the morning Rider's Meeting with blood dripping down your hands because your dumb ass wore EVERYTHING BUT THE GLOVES through tech..then dump it on the way back to your pit because it's 29 degrees, your tires are frozen the paddock's frozen (no grip) and you're just an IDIOT!!!!!

Anyway.....

Current favorites are the Held Titans and the Dianese Full Metal Pro's.

They're pricey, but I love them both.

The Phantoms are also VERY nice.
Oh that was you! :D

Also too Helds. Most comfortable gloves I have ever owned.

zuluhour

My A* GP Pro's are super comfortable, but in my experience ultimately are a one-crash glove. I still wear them on the street, but I wouldn't trust them on a triple digit get-off.

I like my Held Phantoms for track use. They have been down once already with little damage to show.

That said, I want to replace my GP Pro's and I'm looking at either Cortech Adrenaline II, Teknic Xcelerator or Knox Biomech. All three are roughly in the same price point and have those very important scaphoid slider/protectors. After seeing how easily my GP Pro's failed in a "slow" speed 40mph crash, I won't own a glove without some sort of scaphoid slider.

MV Rider

Currently have Spidi gloves for next year. Have a pair of the Carbo track with a pair of Carbo3s as backup and street gloves.

bmart

Control Rider
Held. I've been buying them for years for street and track use. I think there are at least six pair floating around my house right now. Two street pair in 9.5 are for sale. ;)

Blipstein

Thanks everybody. I appreciate the feedback. I have plenty to look into now. Looks like Held's got the most votes here but I'll look into all of your recommendations.

dbarufaldi

Look at Heroic, and buy them at the track when he has a special. Amazing glove for the money,many one of the best out there, regardless of cost.