Need glove recommendation

Smithereens

Control Rider
N2
Another vote for the Held Phantoms or Titans ...... both great gloves..... and thanks to Judy for the care instructions. Getting the salt out of the gloves after you sweat in them definitely extends their life.

Goldie

I'll second RS Taichi. Best damn gloves ever and I swear they feel like I'm riding in a pair of latex glove....Go get them! NXT046 GP-EVO. RACING GLOVES

Woodcraft

I will add another vote for Helds, and for good measure add in a vote for Heroics. My husband loved his Helds (although he didn't wash them often enough and his hands sweat through them in just over a season) and I am enamored with my Heroics, which I picked up this year.

PrideandJoy

Many thanks to the OP and all who replied! I appreciate everyone's comments and recommendations. I've been looking for a new pair of gloves to replace my last pair that didn't fair so well...in a crash. :doh: I've ordered a new pair of Held Titans, and I'm really looking forward to receiving them. If anyone is on the fence about a new pair of Helds, TJ from Riders Discount has them for 10% off through the end of the month.

RADAR Magnet

OP, not sure if you already picked up gloves but I noticed STG has Phantoms on sale for $200 right now; that's about $80 or $90 off their regular price.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
RADAR Magnet;263483 wrote: OP, not sure if you already picked up gloves but I noticed STG has Phantoms on sale for $200 right now; that's about $80 or $90 off their regular price.
I saw that, too. Great deal. I think a lot of vendors will be steeply discounting the Phantoms, because the Phantom II was just released.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;263508 wrote: The Phantom II's look pretty sweet, too!
They do! The one improvement I really like is that the stingray material that allows you to slide now extents almost the entire width of the bottom of the palm, similar to the Titan. The original Phantoms just have the stingray slider material on the outside of the lower palm. A significant improvement, methinks.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
I'm diggin' the bright yellow ones.

Might get me a pair of those so the assholes on the Baltimore Beltway cannot miss my middle finger hanging out the window. :)

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
d-zum;263519 wrote: i'm diggin' the bright yellow ones.

Might get me a pair of those so the assholes on the baltimore beltway cannot miss my middle finger hanging out the window. :)
lol!!!

TimW

Ok bit late to pipe in but...
Had a pair of the Knox Handroids, had a steaming bowl of high side T7 VIR north
Knox handroid tension strap was gone as well as busted 2 seams on the side of the fingers...
fairly minor for a high side; not much of a slide and the gloves were in serious need of repair.
Whined to the vendor and they allowed me to return the gloves and use the refund toward Held Titans. (yay! for STG)

Have since properly tested the Titans a coupla times....they have held up extremely well

On the Knox side they were a thinner leather on the palms which was nice for the feel aspect...but not so good if you tend to succumb to gravity occasionally.

But as most any gear goes if it has bells and whistles, it has more that can go wrong / break...(cables, straps, knob thingy)
Happy leanings...

Blipstein

RADAR Magnet;263483 wrote: OP, not sure if you already picked up gloves but I noticed STG has Phantoms on sale for $200 right now; that's about $80 or $90 off their regular price.
Thanks for the heads up

BlueMax

TimW;263525 wrote: Ok bit late to pipe in but...
Had a pair of the Knox Handroids, had a steaming bowl of high side T7 VIR north
Knox handroid tension strap was gone as well as busted 2 seams on the side of the fingers...
fairly minor for a high side; not much of a slide and the gloves were in serious need of repair.
Whined to the vendor and they allowed me to return the gloves and use the refund toward Held Titans. (yay! for STG)

Have since properly tested the Titans a coupla times....they have held up extremely well

On the Knox side they were a thinner leather on the palms which was nice for the feel aspect...but not so good if you tend to succumb to gravity occasionally.

But as most any gear goes if it has bells and whistles, it has more that can go wrong / break...(cables, straps, knob thingy)
Happy leanings...
I have been looking for a new set of gloves during the off season. Was on the fence between the Knox Biomech or the Held Phantom. Thanks to your post and STG, I just ordered a pair of Held Phantom.

maxpr1

I almost pulled the plug on the Phantoms as well, but the RS Taichi GP Evo look very tempting for similar price......

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
maxpr1;263572 wrote: I almost pulled the plug on the Phantoms as well, but the RS Taichi GP Evo look very tempting for similar price......
I had a pair, and they're definitely nice gloves, just didn't feel right on my hands. I have Jimmy Dean sausage fingers and wide/fat palms...NOT good for playing guitar..trust me I tried. I cannot play chords worth a shit because my fingertips are so fat they cover two strings and when the fret pattern for a chord calls for a string to be left open..that SUCKS!

One thing that I feel helps put Held over the top from other gloves is the almost custom fit that comes with their numbered sizes for me.

If Heroic made custom fitted gloves for Customers, I'd maybe be inclined to give them a try as well..they're the only glove people seem to really like I have not tried, yet.

Goldie

Gloves

Did someone mention gloves recommendations? Been using these gloves since I was 16 years old. Can't go wrong with the Magnums. They fit well!!! :D

Kruizen

Control Rider
Just got a set of cortech adrenaline 2, love them. I have small wrists so I really like the fit.

Had a set of a*s gp plus gloves-ok gloves needed a couple of days of riding in them soaking wet to get them broken in and a good fit. Didn't feel like they offered good protection.