Need help a.s.a.p.

speedjunke

Well took my bike to the local bike shop to get a chain master link riveted on...(i had a clip on link just to bring it up there) and i was going to have them put on my front rim also and i have a fork seal blown:argh:
I'm scheduled to attend rrr both sat and sunday...nobody around savannah has the seals.....Called computrack in atlanta, kws and a few other places not too far trying to get something overnighted......Does anyone have some at the house that i can buy off them today? Iv'e put too much into this weekned to miss and and this will be the last track day/s i can attend before deploying.....
I have a 08 gsxr 1000:banghead:

Meat

You may have tried already but I would also try Traxxion Dynamics just north of Atlanta.

speedjunke

Yea i did try them thanks alot....my seals wernt leaking when i put the bike on the trailer and strapped it down...it was only a couple mile trip to the shop...i guess they were just getting ready to start leaking...better now than on the track though...The shop just called me and told me that they are getting a pair from somewhere overnighted but im not holding my breath....

Meat

That is all I had. Sorry I could not help more. Hopefully your local stealership gets them in and on your bike. Are they leaking a lot or is one of the forks a little wet at the bottom?

speedjunke

its just wet but thats the sign of the seal starting to leak...i dont want it to go out on the track and cause me or any other rider to bite it you know

stow

May not be leaking at all. Sometimes if you strap the front down a little too much the forks legs will be a little bit wet. You would know if they were leaking.

speedjunke

the shop told me that they were definetly leaking....i do most of my own work but im not an expert on the forks....the guy that looked at it is a cool guy that rides rrr also...we would be coming this weekend but he has to work...I dont care for the shop too much but they do have a couple of really good guys there which is who i deal with!

stow

As long as you trust the guys at the shop then all is fine. I have seen plenty of bikes unloaded at the track with damp fork legs due to being strapped down. I just wanted to let you know just in case this was what they were seeing at the shop.

Meat

stow;79491 wrote: As long as you trust the guys at the shop then all is fine. I have seen plenty of bikes unloaded at the track with damp fork legs due to being strapped down. I just wanted to let you know just in case this was what they were seeing at the shop.
+1 :agree:

justariot66

Wet fork thing happened to me also turned out to be nothing.

As for the problem there are a few OEM suzuki places on the web give them a call and they may have it for you.
Kneedragers.com also sells OEM stuff you could try them. I have used them a few times and am very happy.
Other than that google google google someone must have them its a popular bike.

Good luck
Dave #66

justariot66

bally cyclecenter 540-667-1893 virginia Spoke to Mike for you he has them 33.58 for the pair. Now all you have to do is check this thing before its too late.

Good luck
Dave #66

Meat

justariot66;79504 wrote: bally cyclecenter 540-667-1893 virginia Spoke to Mike for you he has them 33.58 for the pair. Now all you have to do is check this thing before its too late.

Good luck
Dave #66
Pretty cool Dave.

justariot66

Yeah I was screwed with a chain master link screw up once so i know how it feels. Plus he wrote "deployed" thats all I need to hear. If this is the last track day before he is depolyed its the least I can do.
NOW CHECK THIS DAMN FORUM AND REALIZE YOU HAVE PARTS WAITING FOR YOU!!!

Actually told Mike on the phone the guy was being depolyed and he told me to hold on so he could put "hands" on them and make sure he had them for him.
So theres 2 guys who love the troops.

Dave #66

Meat

justariot66;79515 wrote: Yeah I was screwed with a chain master link screw up once so i know how it feels. Plus he wrote "deployed" thats all I need to hear. If this is the last track day before he is depolyed its the least I can do.
NOW CHECK THIS DAMN FORUM AND REALIZE YOU HAVE PARTS WAITING FOR YOU!!!

Actually told Mike on the phone the guy was being depolyed and he told me to hold on so he could put "hands" on them and make sure he had them for him.
So theres 2 guys who love the troops.

Dave #66
Well good on you Dave. Do you think you are going to get your new bike up and running this year or do you think you have to wait until next year before you have recovered enough from your minivan crash?

I had to mention that you were in a minivan to avoid any machoness you may have felt today. :wow: :D

justariot66

No I am riding the 14th with tpm at Vir North, on the old GSXR as the parts and suspension cant be done in time.. BTW do you get an "A" group deferment for the north course? HAHAHA

Minivan is fine BTW thanks for your concern, I pick it up tomorrow afternoon.

Barber is going to be my new favorite track I think, there are 3 weekend dates end of september,october,november. November is nesba and if I can i would like to try Road Atlanta in december.

Would do RRR this weekend but cant swing it with bike, parts, wifes college. Is ther a smiley face for being broke?

Dave #66

Landshark

Control Rider
Have you tried rotating the upper tubes in the clamps? Also loosen all the bolts (less the 2 top) and makes sure everything is straight and not tweaked.
Ron Ayers can have the parts to you in a day.

speedjunke

Thanks alot guys, i'm working nights and just got some free time to check the forums, anyway thanks alot Dave. I called my friend back at the shop and he is ensuring me that I'll have my seals tom afternoon and they'll have them replaced by mid afternoon and ready to be picked up! I trust him and he's a great guy that a few of yall has probably ran into if you ride Road Atl, Jennings or Roebling!

speedjunke

so I got played! maybe not there fault but whatever.....So i bring my trailer to work today thinking that i'll be picking my bike up around 6 pm.......no i just got a call from my friend telling me how sorry he was and that they sent the wrong damn seals......and how they will have them no later than tom afternoon and it will be done. Even if they do get it done this is a big inconvience seeming how i planned on finishing my trap prep and swapping everything over tonite when i get off....no i will have to rush tom :banghead:

justariot66

Troy did you get everything squared away? Maybe I'll see you sunday, I decided tonight to buy a day and have some fun.

dave #66