Need some help

bigt750

I have had several track days with NESBA and I am really having alot of fun,although I am having trouble picking up my speed,I feel like my body position is good,and my lines are good,I am not sure what I am missing.I did run vir north this past weekend and was able to have alot of fun and shave 6 sec.off of my time,but I felt like I could have done more.I did talk to a few CRs but the B group was so packed that it was hard for them to coach me.My bike number is 81 and maybe the one that was holding people up but if any of the CRs saw me and remember please let me know,I will be at CMP in a couple of weeks and would love to ride with one of you.My times at vir were 2:06 before lunch and 2:00 after

jtalerico

Post up a picture of your bike.. There might have been more than one #81.

I was able to get instruction from more than one CR at this event. And I saw other riders lining up behind CRs when we were gridding up. GL

sheepofblue

6 seconds in a day is a lot, feel happy about it. The other thing is to have similar times. Repeatability is also important. If you are breaking early in every turn you will be slow but if you break early in the same place every turn your times will be consistent. It is much easier to improve once you get consistent (and safer as you are more predictable). Getting a tow and using someone else's markers for a faster time is fun but if you can only do it behind someone else it is a bit dangerous (you are riding above your current ability and dependent on them not screwing up). Of course if you are consistent you might get the tow and retain some of the better markers/lines and thus improve in a repeatable manner. I hope this makes some sense and is helpful.

arhale09

I would also suggest that, as John says in the morning meeting, talk to the CR's during the day. That goes not just for problems, but for help as well. Even if it's crowded, you should still ask the CR's for help if you need it, or want it.

bigt750

Thanks for the input,I look foward to CMP and I will get up with some of the CRs. I do want help to improve my riding,I enjoy learning more each time I get on the track.As for pics of my bike,its a 03 GSXR 750 blue/silver with black leathers and blue and white helment and the shortest guy out there:) Sheep I do understand riding behind someone that is much faster can put you above your riding ability,it happened to me last year at cmp going into turn 1 and low siding.

Hotbrakes

bigt750;147706 wrote: I am having trouble picking up my speed,I feel like my body position is good,and my lines are good,I am not sure what I am missing.

Think ahead. Imagine the apex of each turn as a point and then ride point to point. As soon as you pass one point, think and look ahead to the next point. As long as your brain stays a step ahead of your body the speed will come cause you'll always be trying to keep up!

corymac

Don't worry about your lap time! If you are having problems getting by slower riders, work on passing. Your lap times will go down, just give it time. That fast lap is cool to see but I'm starting to enjoy passing more riders per lap then to see a fast lap time. One problem I had, was I would get up on a rider in front of me going into the corner thinking I could get by that rider on the straight, but dam it, they were on a bigger bike then me and pull me down the straight. Then I would get to next corner and same thing. So I had to give myself a bigger gap going into the corner behind them and then get on the gas sooner to get by them. Their corner speed was slower then my but their straight away was faster. In B group this is the ticket for guys on a smaller bike. Give yourself some time, we'll get there.

DFlowe

bigt,
I plan to be at CMP on both days this weekend. Look me up, remind me of this post and I'll be happy to see if I can help you.