NESBA alternatives for folks in MW

FlyingMonkey

Hopefully the forum moderators won’t nuke this thread but I was wondering what everyone in the Midwest are going to do for track days now? I know that Blackhawk Farms has other folks that hold track days but what about Road America? I am really going to miss riding at RA. Do any other organizations hold track days there? What are the rest of you doing?
And just in case NESBA never supports the MidWest again I would just like to say thanks to Fred & all the CRs that have helped me the last few years. It's been a blast! I have also met a lot of nice folks at the track & hopefully will see you out there again. It sucks that it came to this but I would rather find an alternative than sit around bitching about it. I hope all you guys with credits get your cash back. Good luck.

some guy #2

Putnam has a lot of motorcycle track days and races in 2012. Check their website out for the tentative dates but I ASSume it's essentially set in stone now.

No idea on blackhawk beyond CCS races.

Road America has one or two weekends with STT so all is not lost. STT actually has a lot of midwest dates (Grattan, Gingerman, ACC, Putnam) so if you're int he IL-IN area you have some options :)

FlyingMonkey

I'm in Wisconsin so I think that unless I want to travel a lot I'm screwed. I am in the process of remodeling a school bus in to an RV/Party bus so I may have to make more room for a few cycles. It sucks gas but is not so bad when splitting the cost 3 or 4 ways. Maybe this will push me to travel & try some new tracks.

truckstop

BHF has MotoVid on Wednesdays, and there looks to be some MotoVid supported (but I've been told NOT MotoVid?) stuff on a couple weekends. I've got a feeling that the two formerly reserved NESBA weekends will be filled in by the same, or similar groups, unless a car group was on a waiting list.

STT will be at Road America once - the two days after the AMA weekend in June. There are no dates at BHF scheduled, but there are a bunch at ACC in Joliet which is a 2.5 hour drive from Milwaukee. Grattan is about six, and IMHO well worth the drive. Putnam is around five hours, and there are a bunch of different groups of varying quality riding there. STT will be there twice.

I just read elsewhere that May 28th Jessica Zalusky's group might end up at RA as well.

If you have an inclination to race, CCS will be at BHF five weekends this year, and Road America once. I'm not fast, nor very competitive, but do have a lot of fun racing anyway, so if you feel you have no other choice that's always an option. You could also buy a motard and do one of the many days available at the kart track at RA.

steve p

FlyingMonkey;228583 wrote: I'm in Wisconsin so I think that unless I want to travel a lot I'm screwed. I am in the process of remodeling a school bus in to an RV/Party bus so I may have to make more room for a few cycles. It sucks gas but is not so bad when splitting the cost 3 or 4 ways. Maybe this will push me to travel & try some new tracks.
Short bus or long bus, makes a difference?

j_fuggin_t

FlyingMonkey;228578 wrote: Hopefully the forum moderators won’t nuke this thread but I was wondering what everyone in the Midwest are going to do for track days now? I know that Blackhawk Farms has other folks that hold track days but what about Road America? I am really going to miss riding at RA. Do any other organizations hold track days there? What are the rest of you doing?
And just in case NESBA never supports the MidWest again I would just like to say thanks to Fred & all the CRs that have helped me the last few years. It's been a blast! I have also met a lot of nice folks at the track & hopefully will see you out there again. It sucks that it came to this but I would rather find an alternative than sit around bitching about it. I hope all you guys with credits get your cash back. Good luck.In illinois you have 2 tracks:

Autobahn north/south/full: STT
blackhawk farms: Motovid (blackhawk themselves) & CCS & JOS motorsports :D

Indiana:
Putnam Park: STT / MCRA / Motoseries

Michigan:
Gingerman: STT
Grattan: STT

Wisconsin:
Road america: STT (but thats $245 a day :wow: )

steve p;228601 wrote:
Short bus or long bus, makes a difference?
Yea def makes a difference & if so you have to designate a resident window licker.. NOT IT!!

FlyingMonkey

Well you would never know buy the crew I hang with but its a long bus (66 Pass). I plan on making the last 6-8 feet a storage area that can be reconfigured as needed. So, loading up a few bikes should not be a big deal. seems like I will be looking in to STT & heading south to play this year. On the bright side NESBA is not the only track org so we do have options.

geekmug

j_fuggin_t;228655 wrote:
blackhawk farms: Motovid (blackhawk themselves) & CCS & JOS motorsports :D

Nick said STT was not going to be at BHF:

http://www.chicagolandsportbikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2004415&postcount=29

In summary, BFR's business model and customer interaction does not fit our standard. Therefore, we decided to focus elsewhere. STT will not return to BFR in the foreseeable future unless some changes occur that mirrors what we believe should be a standard manner of conducting business for its customers (STT and you) and the riding community as a whole.
I don't know maybe that is related to the NESBA MW's difficulties..

SpEeDy GoNzAlEz

Well looks like I'll be doing a lot of riding with STT and MCRA. I'll occassionally take a rode trip to either the SE region or East Coast. It was a tradition of mine to start & end the year with Barber but that'll change this year.
I'll be looking for Pallela when I do the STT TD's for a tow or any other :cr: I recognize. :D