Nesba at Rockingham NC

Carlos Escobar

also WERA and CCS used to run at the Rock, remember the track has been closed for several years and the infield is probably a mess. not the safest place in the world either

ahastings

Control Rider
Im probably one of the few around here that is old enough. I used to race at Rockingham, in fact took my riders school there back in 86. Trust me , with the speed of todays bikes you do not want to ride a motorcycle there. It was dangerous back then. It is a small oval, think miniature Daytona. The old road course is clearly shown in that aerial photo.

jfloyd

For those lucky enough to know the famous "Doo Doo Brown", he might be able to supply some information about the track also. I'm pretty sure he used to race there back in the day.

Carlos Escobar

jfloyd;34769 wrote: For those lucky enough to know the famous "Doo Doo Brown", he might be able to supply some information about the track also. I'm pretty sure he used to race there back in the day.
yeah, he crashed and broke his collarbone there, i believe it was his 1st race weekend.
F@ck that place, it's like being in hell when you are there during the summer!! Yes worse than CMP

ksolo81

worse than cmp is really saying something! went there 2 years ago, it had rained all night , but by 9am it was bone dry! track pits and all! by 2pm i had to roll it was worse than a sauna without leathers! cant imagine worse than that!

D.Brown

Nice place to run up medical expenses. Landmines everywhere! Not ideal place for members to learn, other than survival. Sir FLOYD and escabar are correct in saying DOODOO BROWN was there. I WON the race,"first one the Ambulance

Carlos Escobar

Doolicous;34951 wrote: Nice place to run up medical expenses. Landmines everywhere! Not ideal place for members to learn, other than survival. Sir FLOYD and escabar are correct in saying DOODOO BROWN was there. I WON the race,"first one the Ambulance
1st one to the ambulance...nice. :D

I swear on a case of Yeungling that place is so F'ing HOT that if you ever went for a td or a race, you'd wish you had not. It should be call Hell NC