NESBA CR's compared to some others...

slowpoke

Time to get out my pom-poms -
i've had an opportunity to ride with a few different groups now and have met some good people in all of the different orgs. Not long ago, I did a trackday in NJ with another group that really made me appreciate the level of CRs that we have at NESBA. i'm a glutton for track time so I'll still do some days with other groups but my expectations are far, far different. I go there to work on what our CRs told me from my last TD especially if the CRs there can't keep the shiny side up.

Three of us were there and while I was following one CR at on a hairpin going really slow who low-sided in front of me trying to show me a line that didn't make sense. Fortunately, I didn't follow him wide onto the rumble strips, then he squared it off hard and down he went. I was relieved that I didn't run him over and while i couldnt see his face, i know he must of felt like a total D*&K.
Next session there were no CRs. Following session, there was one CR that pulled 3 of us around for what seemed like parade laps (in I group). After 3 laps, we were so frustrated that we all passed him and he couldn't catch up (and we are definitely NOT fast).

Out of about 40+ bikes that were there, they had 12+ crashes and it was in the dry.

We've got it made at NESBA b/c not only are our CRs sick-fast, but so eager to help out on and off the track.

Helmets off to CR and directors!

miller

Control Rider
I have had the pleasure of working with NESBA control riders for a long time, both being taught by them and then being lucky enough to become one. I feel that their commitment to the club / riders is second to none. I'm glad you feel the same way.

Landshark

Control Rider
Try and keep in mind most if not all ORGs have volunteers as the CRs, coaches, saftey riders what have you. So when they crash its best to consider them as you would anyother rider. They are trying, so safety and well bieng first.
We thank you for your loyalty and appreciate the complements.

Pasha

IMO, there is NO other org out there that can even come close to the caliber of CR's that Nesba has! I've ridden with several orgs as well, but now I will not even consider riding with anyone else BUT Nesba! The CR's here are class acts all the way!

Thank you for everything you do from volunteering your time to making sure mine and every other riders keester is safe ;)

popg.jpg

Zakath

So if I go to a NESBA day I can expect not a single CR or rider to crash? Is that the point of this thread? :dunno:

slowpoke

Zakath;71505 wrote: So if I go to a NESBA day I can expect not a single CR or rider to crash? Is that the point of this thread? :dunno:

That's exactly it sa well as to take notice of their capes and super-human strength!

:moon:

Zakath

slowpoke_r1;71508 wrote: That's exactly it sa well as to take notice of their capes and super-human strength!

No, the point was to say thanks for volunteering to help crappy riders like myself get better. Being new to the track, it sucks to not know what you're doing and have nobody to guide you along which has been my experience most (but not all) of the time in other groups. As far as last week's experience , it was ineteresting to me that CRs just werent a focus and i believe that's why the day had so many crashes. the other CR crashing seemed to fit the 'vibe' of the day, but obviously we all crash.

:moon:
Your check is in the mail.

miller

Control Rider
I've had a couple of "Unplanned Dismounts" while control riding. Turning around at speed is not as easy as it looks.

dale.b

Zakath;71505 wrote: So if I go to a NESBA day I can expect not a single CR or rider to crash? Is that the point of this thread? :dunno:

NESBA CRs never crash, we only make planned dismounts to demonstrate what the limits are. Its a sacrafice we make for our beloved members.

Further more all NESBA CRs:

Have IQs of at least 136.
Must be able to use "the force" when riding.
Must be able to telepathically communicate with eachother.
Have bodies that would make Ron Jeremy shy.

There is a whole list of requirements that must be met.

:rtfm:

ramoszx12

No crash just a parade
:haha::banghead::agree:

S3aturnR

IMO, NESBA definitely has the best CRs. not only are they WAY, WAY faster than the other groups, they are incredibly willing to help out. last org i was out with, the CRs weren't even playing sheriff, they were just flying past everyone and making bad passes. it was like a free track day for them.

the NESBIAN CRs actually wait at the end of pit road when the session is over so you can talk to them. if you miss them there, i've actually witnessed them FIND people at their paddock area and give them pointers/advice.

being a CR has to be a seriously difficult job in any org. NESBA CRs stand head and shoulders above the rest. thanks, guys...

s3aturnr

bigkaley

Control Rider
dale.b;71523 wrote: NESBA CRs never crash, we only make planned dismounts to demonstrate what the limits are. Its a sacrafice we make for our beloved members.

Must be able to use "the force" when riding

Wow! Hey Dale, I think you just described Sanders! :poorguy:

Loudy

dale.b;71523 wrote: NESBA CRs never crash, we only make planned dismounts to demonstrate what the limits are. Its a sacrafice we make for our beloved members.

Don't always drink beer, but when they do, they prefer Dos Equis.

Fixed

Twiztedjester55

So was that a "planned dismount" your first day as a CR last year:D

dale.b

Twiztedjester55;72212 wrote: So was that a "planned dismount" your first day as a CR last year:D

Of course! And I was happy to see that at least 5 riders followed my line exactly as I demonstrated it. I know this is a controversial topic, but oil on the track will cause you to go down. For anyone who was unsure, I answered the question definitively that day.