Nesba dna

wallacew

Good afternoon NESB-IANs. Just wanted to update you guys on my latest mid-life wanna be racer antics. The final round of the WERA NOLA & Mid-central region was this past weekend, and I am super excited to report that I accomplished a goal I had set at the beginning of the year; which was to place as high as I could in the points in the three regions I competed in, Southeast, NOLA and Mid-central. Well I earned the #1 plates in the A Superbike, A Superstock and Senior Super Bike (aka old man race) Expert classes in both the Midcentral and NOLA regions. I earned second place in the Southeast region.

Why post that here? Well this is where I started! NESBA. Best memory, was the verbal tongue lasing from Mr. Allen when I made an unsafe pass on someone very special to him. NESBA, taught me how to ride safe and how to pass safe, which are stupid important. Those two are soooo important in racing. They are the precursor to being what everybody wants to be, “fast.” However, I can say for a while I almost drank the kool-aide and jumped on the anti NESBA bandwagon, when I didn’t get bumped when I though “I” should have been bumped. But, I didn’t, I just kept listening to the tongue lashings / advice and kept riding. And Viola!! A 40+ year old, well past his prime, #1 plate racer!!

http://maps.wera.com/racers/racerprofile.asp?x=1098&rid=13407908791600

P.S. For the “literal” guys out there, they were not condescending tongue lashing, but great advice and reprimands from more experienced guys.

Thanks NESBA….and the other “oldest” NESB-IAN “Grandpa Mike” aka bmrboy.

"There is ALWAYS somebody faster than you."

roy 826

Congrats William on the accomplishments and I enjoyed racing with you this past weekend at Nola. I look forward to 2014 with Wera and me and you picking up where we left off. I am going to race the Mid Central only like I did a decade ago.

bmrboy

wallacew;295030 wrote: Good afternoon NESB-IANs. Just wanted to update you guys on my latest mid-life wanna be racer antics. The final round of the WERA NOLA & Mid-central region was this past weekend, and I am super excited to report that I accomplished a goal I had set at the beginning of the year; which was to place as high as I could in the points in the three regions I competed in, Southeast, NOLA and Mid-central. Well I earned the #1 plates in the A Superbike, A Superstock and Senior Super Bike (aka old man race) Expert classes in both the Midcentral and NOLA regions. I earned second place in the Southeast region.

Why post that here? Well this is where I started! NESBA. Best memory, was the verbal tongue lasing from Mr. Allen when I made an unsafe pass on someone very special to him. NESBA, taught me how to ride safe and how to pass safe, which are stupid important. Those two are soooo important in racing. They are the precursor to being what everybody wants to be, “fast.” However, I can say for a while I almost drank the kool-aide and jumped on the anti NESBA bandwagon, when I didn’t get bumped when I though “I” should have been bumped. But, I didn’t, I just kept listening to the tongue lashings / advice and kept riding. And Viola!! A 40+ year old, well past his prime, #1 plate racer!!

http://maps.wera.com/racers/racerprofile.asp?x=1098&rid=13407908791600

P.S. For the “literal” guys out there, they were not condescending tongue lashing, but great advice and reprimands from more experienced guys.

Thanks NESBA….and the other “oldest” NESB-IAN “Grandpa Mike” aka bmrboy.

"There is ALWAYS somebody faster than you."

William , You make me Proud .... :adore: I remember like it was yesterday , when we rode together for the first time ..
You have come a loooooong way my Friend !!!!!! Your a great Guy William .... Best of luck to you ..... ;)

And thanks for the kind words , I'll be celebrating 49 yrs. of motorcycling this spring & turning 61 yrs.
I may be older but the internal flame burns brightly ...... :haha: [I'm really only 17 yrs.]

wallacew

roy 826;295038 wrote: Congrats William on the accomplishments and I enjoyed racing with you this past weekend at Nola. I look forward to 2014 with Wera and me and you picking up where we left off. I am going to race the Mid Central only like I did a decade ago.
Wow! Small world....i dropped by the trailer, your wife said you were in the shower. i wanted to say WHAT A RACE!!!! (both races) I knew the ONLY way possible to pass you was for you to make a small mistake. Because you are clearly faster than i am, i was struggling to keep up! When you ran a little wide, i had to jump on that opportunity....then i had to make my self as BIG as possible to keep you back there for three turns!!

The phrase, "You have forgotten more than i know" applies here!

Good stuff man!

roy 826

wallacew;295056 wrote: Wow! Small world....i dropped by the trailer, your wife said you were in the shower. i wanted to say WHAT A RACE!!!! (both races) I knew the ONLY way possible to pass you was for you to make a small mistake. Because you are clearly faster than i am, i was struggling to keep up! When you ran a little wide, i had to jump on that opportunity....then i had to make my self as BIG as possible to keep you back there for three turns!!

The phrase, "You have forgotten more than i know" applies here!

Good stuff man!

Yea buddy she said you dropped by. That was an awesome run in that last race. I was struggling on that back section of the track with the wind which got me on that turn and I went across the ripple bumps, lost the front end and almost came off the bike. My left leg was skyward when you snuck past me on the right. Yes buddy you were real wide through the esses, nice work. I planned to dive under you at T13 but you'd already seen that move from me in the prior race and did a very nice job of tightening up your line there making it impossible for me to repeat that move. Ron taught me that T13 move he calls it his money line lol.

Once we got in the carousel series of turns I just couldn't square it up enough to race with you down the front straight. You held a good solid line through there. You defnetly rode an awesome last half a lap.

I think we put on the best show of the weekend by far so I was told.;)

wallacew

Yea it was great. I'm back on the road to see my daughter for Thanksgiving.

Good stuff

Sent from my Nexus S 4G using Tapatalk

Godfather

Big Guy

Just so everyone knows, Wallace is NOT PEDROSA size. He isn't a little guy on a fast bike. I would say he is closer to George Forman sized. Awesome ACCOMPLISHMENT! ARMY STRONG!

Okay Wallace you need more of a challenge, How about riding a Ninja 300 next year!?:D

whitarnold

My best friend up in Birmingham Alabama's name is William Wallace also... Very Cool name and very cool with your results! You did great!

wallacew

Godfather;295123 wrote: Just so everyone knows, Wallace is NOT PEDROSA size. He isn't a little guy on a fast bike. I would say he is closer to George Forman sized. Awesome ACCOMPLISHMENT! ARMY STRONG!

Okay Wallace you need more of a challenge, How about riding a Ninja 300 next year!?:D
Whats up boss man! Doesn't the Navy have some sort of system of forcing old guys out!

George Forman, that was a good one.

whitarnold;295126 wrote:
My best friend up in Birmingham Alabama's name is William Wallace also... Very Cool name and very cool with your results! You did great!
Good stuff, thanks.

JRA

Best memory, was the verbal tongue lasing from Mr. Allen when I made an unsafe pass on someone very special to him.
Ha, William I don't remember that, but I do remember that you two shared a Cornerspeed class a few years ago. Congratulations on a successful race season!

wallacew

JRA;295185 wrote: Ha, William I don't remember that, but I do remember that you two shared a Cornerspeed class a few years ago. Congratulations on a successful race season!
yup, we did.

It was T5 at Barber, i cut in on the inside. Thanks again.