NESBA Knowledgebase / FAQ

Mr.DJ

Hey NESBA,

We are creating a NESBA wide FAQ/Knowledgebase. This will be something members (new and old) can use to find answers without the need to contact Member Services and placed on the sites main page. Although similar to the one posted in the S.E., (BIG SHOUT TO DELTAHOTEL!!!) this should answer questions related to registration, membership and yes, items covered in the manual :D

I’m asking for the willing to assist with this content. If yours is used, you will get recognition for your answer. For example:

General

Question – Do I need a Yamaha to ride with NESBA?

Answer – No!! Yamaha is committed to the Sportbike community and is NESBA’s Flagship Sponsor. NESBA welcomes all suppliers bike as long as it meets the safety standards outlined in the rider’s manual. Note: Some single cylinder and very low HP motorcycles are not permitted at a few tracks. Those tracks are posted in region sections of the forum or you may contact info@nesba.com for further details.
---- Provided By:SuperDuperFast

Here are some to “chew on”, but offer more w/ answers.

What are member points,

What events are you having at a certain track

what is my bike number

how do I redeem a Gift Card

what's my username and password

do you offer free track time for beginners

What is the rain policy, when do you cancel the event

How does crash insurance work

do I need a back protector

will work boots pass tech

Folly1

What is the minimum I have to do to my Bike to be able to take it on the track? How do I do that?

Ben.

Mr.DJ

Folly1;112365 wrote: What is the minimum I have to do to my Bike to be able to take it on the track? How do I do that?

Ben.
I need a answer with that question, SUCKA!!!!! I ani't short on questions LOL

DAMN LAWYERS!!!!! :D

jcrich

Can I get a cookie for every time I cite the new FAQ in a thread that asks a question that is in the FAQ? :D

Landshark

Control Rider
How do I getta BUMP!

1. Bring Beer.
2. Bring Beer and food.
3. Bring Beer, Food and a Grill.
4. Bring Beer, Food, Grill, and Cook it to order.
5. Post 1,000 threads on why we don't run the chicane or allow Motards.
6. Ride your within your ability and obide by the rules.

Gwarusee

Q: Do I need a back protector?

A:
Short answer:No, not to pass Nesba tech inspection.

Long answer: If you must, you can pass Nesba tech inspection, and ride all day, without wearing a back protector. It is up to you to make that choice. That said, wearing a good quality unit will enhance your protection in the case of a crash or get off. Whether it is a slip in, or a full "turtleback" style protector, it can only help. They are easy to get used to and once you have become accustomed to it, you won't want to ride without one.

Mr.DJ

Gwarusee;112384 wrote: Q: Do I need a back protector?

A:
Short answer:No, not to pass Nesba tech inspection.

Long answer: If you must, you can pass Nesba tech inspection, and ride all day, without wearing a back protector. It is up to you to make that choice. That said, wearing a good quality unit will enhance your protection in the case of a crash or get off. Whether it is a slip in, or a full "turtleback" style protector, it can only help. They are easy to get used to and once you have come accustomed to it, you won't want to ride without one.
Now, that is what I'm talking about!!!!! Thank you!

Matt H

Landshark;112379 wrote: How do I getta BUMP!

1. Bring Beer.
2. Bring Beer and food.
3. Bring Beer, Food and a Grill.
4. Bring Beer, Food, Grill, and Cook it to order.
5. Post 1,000 threads on why we don't run the chicane or allow Motards.
6. Ride your within your ability and obide by the rules.
Is this a multiple choice test question?

jcrich

How does crash insurance work?

NESBA knows that you sign up to ride at the track, not to crash or
break down. Be assured that if you crash or break down, you get a
credit of your track day fee, based on the amount of unused track
time for the day.
If you crash or your bike breaks and it is determined unrepairable*
prior to lunch, you will be qualified for a 50% credit of the
base event rate. If you are signed up for multiple days and crash or
have qualified mechanical problems, you will receive credit for the
base rate of the remaining subsequent days (late fees will not be
refunded). Credits should appear in your NESBA account within two
weeks and are good for one full calendar year from date of issue. To
qualify, you must be a member, be pre-registered for the
event and pass tech the morning of the event. Accidents/
breakdowns must be reported to the event director the day
of the event in order to qualify for the credit.

*a bike will be determined unrepairable by the director in charge.

rk97

Mr.DJ;112362 wrote:

what is my bike number
Whatever you want it to be! You may edit your bike number at any time by logging into your account at www.nesba.com (not your forum account) and clicking "edit my profile."

Even if you show up to an event with the 'wrong' number on your bike, as long as you notify the Control Rider or Director at registration, they will change the number on your registration form, and you'll be free to go about your day.

(may want to add the following too)

It is in your best interest to make sure the number on your registration form matches your bike. In a worst case scenario, you could be knocked unconscious in a crash, and your bike number may be the easiest way to identify you and/or find your emergency contact information.

rk97

jcrich;112397 wrote: How does crash insurance work?

NESBA knows that you sign up to ride at the track, not to crash or
break down. Be assured that if you crash or break down, you get a
credit of your track day fee, based on the amount of unused track
time for the day.
If you crash or your bike breaks and it is determined unrepairable*
prior to lunch, you will be qualified for a 50% credit of the
base event rate. If you are signed up for multiple days and crash or
have qualified mechanical problems, you will receive credit for the
base rate of the remaining subsequent days (late fees will not be
refunded). Credits should appear in your NESBA account within two
weeks and are good for one full calendar year from date of issue. To
qualify, you must be a member, be pre-registered for the
event and pass tech the morning of the event. Accidents/
breakdowns must be reported to the event director the day
of the event in order to qualify for the credit.

*a bike will be determined unrepairable by the director in charge.
because i've heard directors harp on this so many times, I'd suggest adding, "YOU MUST GIVE YOUR EVENT WRIST-BAND TO THE EVENT DIRECTOR TO RECEIVE YOUR CREDIT. the directors are not expected to memorize the names of everyone who may have crashed at a given event."

Folly1

answers

Folly1;112365 wrote: What is the minimum I have to do to my Bike to be able to take it on the track? How do I do that?

Ben.
You don't have to do anything. Before tech, say around 6 AM, you locate a man called DJ. He will be in or near the rolling Palace. Tell him that Rant told you that he, DJ, would prep you bike for you. You should ask him for a cup of coffee to warm you while he works on your bike.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
Q: Do I have to safety wire my bike?

A: No, you do not have to safety wire your bike until you make our Advanced Group. However, in the interests of the safety of yourself, your fellow riders, and keeping a track days sessions flowing with as few interruptions as possible, it is highly encouraged to safety wire your oil pan plug, oil fill cap, and oil filter.

A little patience, a 1/16th inch drill bit, some safety wire, and a hose clamp big enough to fit around your oil filter will do the trick in about 15 minutes.

rk97

re: work boots.

tiggen;112469 wrote: Only if you plan on "working" the pits.
uh, actually the riders' manual only says, "sturdy, over-the-ankle leather boots."

I've seen more than a few people with work boots, they're just asked to tape up the laces.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
D-Zum;112485 wrote: Q: Do I have to safety wire my bike?

A: No, you do not have to safety wire your bike until you make our Advanced Group. However, in the interests of the safety of yourself, your fellow riders, and keeping a track days sessions flowing with as few interruptions as possible, it is highly encouraged to safety wire your oil pan plug, oil fill cap, and oil filter.

A little patience, a 1/16th inch drill bit, some safety wire, and a hose clamp big enough to fit around your oil filter will do the trick in about 15 minutes.
...and, if you lack the patience, or can't drill worth a damn, you can purchase pre-drilled bolts from various places. Also, Ed Bargy makes a "trackday prep" kit available on his website for many sportbikes, and it includes a predrilled oil drain plug, predrilled filler cap, a clamp for the oil filter, and some safety wire.

Mr.DJ

d-zum;112485 wrote: q: Do i have to safety wire my bike?

A: No, you do not have to safety wire your bike until you make our advanced group. However, in the interests of the safety of yourself, your fellow riders, and keeping a track days sessions flowing with as few interruptions as possible, it is highly encouraged to safety wire your oil pan plug, oil fill cap, and oil filter.

nice!!!

slowpoke

rk97;112493 wrote: re: work boots.

uh, actually the riders' manual only says, "sturdy, over-the-ankle leather boots."

I've seen more than a few people with work boots, they're just asked to tape up the laces.
i realize that not everyone shows up at the track, especially in the beginning, with the latest and greatest in safety gear. But to me, the idea of crashing in a pair of work boots is scary as hell - :wow: