NESBA Membership changes for 2011

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
That's the thing... the track itself rarely if ever cancels. So, if NESBA deems it unsafe and calls the event off, they still have to pay the track. I am unaware of any exceptions to this.

bmart

Control Rider
I've been doing this since the 80s, and I can't ever recall a day being cancelled with any organization I've run with. I think that the people worrying need a new topic to worry about, or an elite membership.

smileblue27

bmart;176548 wrote: I think that the people worrying need a new topic to worry about, or an elite membership.
I think people like you should make less ignorant comments and accept that people will have concerns and they are using the appropriate place (a forum) to discuss them.

So please lets keep silly comments to a minimum or just let the adults in the room speak.

ride_hard

bmart;176548 wrote: I think that the people worrying need a new topic to worry about, or an elite membership.
:agree:

However, I have seen a day cancelled at RA it was pretty nasty weather. I think we need to take this for what it was... It was nice while it lasted. Now we have to suck it up and gamble a bit. You either buck up for an elite (which I think is a little steep), or you shut up and chance it. I don't think anyone else is offering rain coverage at all currently. At least not advertising it. My solution is going to be signing up for 12 days. Problem solved!

ride_hard

smileblue27;176559 wrote: let the adults in the room speak.
:wow: Really? I think you might be at risk of being the only one in here.

I am without a doubt a fat kid on cake when it comes to track time.

jcrich

I've been doing this since the 80s, and I can't ever recall a day being cancelled with any organization I've run with. I think that the people worrying need a new topic to worry about, or an elite membership.
:agree:

However, I have seen a day cancelled at RA it was pretty nasty weather. I think we need to take this for what it was... It was nice while it lasted. Now we have to suck it up and gamble a bit. You either buck up for an elite (which I think is a little steep), or you shut up and chance it. I don't think anyone else is offering rain coverage at all currently. At least not advertising it. My solution is going to be signing up for 12 days. Problem solved!

:agree: :agree:

I double agree.

rk97

Blinky;176526 wrote: I don't think losing 400 bucks any time is fair. It is very discouraging. Does the track facility ever cancel due to the weather? If the facility closes for the day, shouldnt we be credited back our money if it isnt Nesbas decision?
You accept the "risk" of losing your money when you sign up. You're aware, and making an informed decision, right? You can be upset about it, but I don't think you can call it "unfair."

The track's never going to cancel unless they think we're going to damage it by being out there.

the track doesn't care if we're riding motorcycles, or running laps; it's our space to use. NESBA contracts for a race track, and the track delivers.

The fact that the weather makes riding unsafe isn't the track's fault, NESBA's fault, or the riders' fault, but there's no one for us to "pass the buck" to. Expecting NESBA (or the track) to eat the cost is only going to run one or both out of business, and then you don't have anywhere to ride even when the weather's perfect.

Mr.DJ

D-Zum;176525 wrote:
Maybe if all this turns around and life resumes some normalcy and more members can come back to the track we'll see benefits similar to what we've enjoyed for the last almost 20 years return.
Amen!!!!! 100% agree...

Southerly

Last year I was at one trackday at Barber that was cancelled. The track was nice about it and did give us free access to the museum, so it ended up being a perk for us once the day was cancelled. I wouldn't have ridden in that even if they hadn't cancelled, as it was really brutal.

I also ended up having to cancel and sell a couple of trackdays after putting my back out on one occasion, and then wrecking the bike on another. It took me a few weeks to get it back together after that. I could have lost out quite a bit on those days that I couldn't ride.

Last year I paid $75 for a NESBA membership, and this year I could have got it for $25, but with the special offer NESBA made, for only $50 more than last year I get coverage for rain, but also late cancellation. That means I can call the day myself if I think the weather is going to be too bad, or if something else comes up that means I can't ride, and I can cancel, right up until the morning. That means I can feel safer about booking days that might be iffy. The late booking without extra cost may be useful as well, but the way things fill up, I probably won't try that.

Even without the other great features of Elite (the T-Shirt alone is almost worth the ... nah, I can't pull that one off:D) you could look at it as insurance. You can pay a bit extra up front, and avoid the risk and worry later, or you can go without the insurance, and save a little up front, but risk more later. Me, I carry full insurance on everything, and decided to insure my trackdays as well.

Mikey75702

JRA;167543 wrote: Judy is right and she gave a very concise explanation of how this works but let me add a couple of things not related to those who did 12 or mare days last year...

If your NESBA membership is still active (whether it expires tomorrow or months from now you can upgrade to Elite for $125 and your new membership will begin on the date of the upgrade (must renew prior to the old membership expiring).

If you still have several months left on an active membership it will be extended between 6 and 12 months depending on when it actually expires (if your membership expires in the near future don't expect an extension). This will be handled on a case by case basis. Email info@nesba.com for more information.

Multi-year memberships
extensions and/or upgrades will be handled on a case by case basis depending on how much time you have left on the membership. Email info@nesba.com for more information.

The above three offers are good until March 1st
; that's the cut-off. At the risk of sounding harsh there has to be a deadline or else we'll be dealing with this after the season begins, and what's worse is that members will want to address this at the track. An email will be sent to all active members outlining the policy changes in an effort to get everybody taken care of before the deadline.

Rest assured that we aren't out to screw anybody. We are making changes to memberships and NESBA policy in an effort to ensure the long term health and growth of the club. There is almost no doubt that somebody is going to be unhappy over something along the way (you can't have thousands of members and not have that be the case), but our hope is that you (the members) will see the club trying to do the right thing as we transition into these new policies. This is a different economic time now and these changes are something we feel we need to do in order to adapt. Hopefully the members will like that they now have more options and can choose the membership that best fits their needs.
noobinacan;176598 wrote:
so is this special offer still going on??? :idea:

See above

kawaholic

Mr.DJ;176518 wrote: Shipped to the member's address in profile.
ok, like i said i'll be at ra in april so if it's any easier/cheaper for you guys i can wait until then. if they'll be ready by then.

what about sizes? will we get an email or something to choose the t shirt size?

can we get a sneak peek on the design of the t shirt and stickers?

will we get some extra stickers so i can pimp one on the back of my truck? :cool:

bsteve525

Email about changes?

I had read the Membership changes thread when it first came out, before the offers were posted. Unfortunately, I just came across the offer to upgrade to elite. Did anybody get the email that was supposed to be sent out about the offers 'to try to get everyone taken care of before the deadline?'

Bucky Badger

rk97;176573 wrote: The fact that the weather makes riding unsafe isn't the track's fault, NESBA's fault, or the riders' fault, but there's no one for us to "pass the buck" to. Expecting NESBA (or the track) to eat the cost is only going to run one or both out of business, and then you don't have anywhere to ride even when the weather's perfect.

:agree: You Sir have demonstrated a firm grasp on the economics involved with running a trackday organization.

ericlouie1

Buzzkill, I didn't get an email for the discounted re-registration either.
I got the " NESBA Add's a value memebership" email, and the "NEW Enhanced Membership from NESBA!" email, but nothing about a discount for re-registering by a certain date.
Would have jumped on that one.

kawaholic

noobinacan;185742 wrote: so when can I expect T-shirt and swag ?
:D :rolleyes:
i asked dj about this last weekend. he pointed at brian and told me to go ask him. brian told me they're hoping for the end of may. :asleep: :D