NESBA NYST season thanks

Aprilia 417

A big thank you to NESBA, Todd and the whole CR crew who made this season at NYST such a great summer experience. I was there on Friday, May 10 to help set brake and corner markers, as we all got our first taste of NYST. I was there yesterday September 22 to wrap up the season. And I was fortunate to be there for a dozen NESBA events in between. Thanks to Todd, Dion, Murph, Kappy, Steve, Will, and Poper (sorry if I'm leaving a CR out), my pace and confidence have increased significantly on the track. Above all, the events were just plain FUN. I was also at NYST with four other organizations this summer, but I'm totally sincere when I say that the NESBA events were the class of the field for organization, direction, coaching and fun...not to mention the best food.

I know that NESBA didn't hit the attendance figures that they wanted (or needed) to make the numbers work financially, but it's a credit to the organization that you did not cancel a single scheduled event for lack of attendance. I know that had to hurt, but as a long-time member, I appreciate that commitment.

I enjoyed meeting some new-to-me NESBA riders this year. Jimmy, Rupert, Jerod, and Charlie to name a few. And of course I had a great time hanging out with and riding with old friends Dave, Marvin, Jacob, Brent, Chris, Chris, Jay, John, John and others. Of course thanks to Greg, his family and the whole NYST crew for creating and maintaining an incredible venue for us.

I know October 5/6 is not a NESBA event, but I look forward to wrapping up the NYST season with a few of you before we have to pack our toys for the season.

Lastly, I'm happy I was able to introduce a few people to the awesome sound of an Aprilia V4 at full throttle down the front straight!!! Sorry guys, all your bikes are great, but there is no sound quite like it :D

vzhulin

Very well said - big thank you to the NESBA crew!!

That was my last day at NYST this year, but looking forward to next year (and hopefully a couple more days a bit further south this year).

ToddG

Control Rider
Director
Bruce,

What a great year at NYST!! It was fun watching you progress this year. You made huge improvements and even when your RSV4 was being temperamental!! You rode your street bike just as well! I'm looking forward to another great season next year.

See you at the soon!
Todd

rupertn

Guys, just to echo Bruce's post, many thanks, it's been a great summer's riding and a great crew, looking forward to next season!

p.s. Bruce, re: T12, next season my friend... ;)

moman

The best track days of the year for me were the ones at NYST run by Todd and crew. They are all very friendly and helpful, definitely a pleasure riding with any of them.
Unfortunately I did not take note of the V4 Bruce speaks of as I was busy enjoying the sweet sound of the BMW inline 4(except for the time the motor locked up):banghead:

Aprilia 417

rupertn;289438 wrote: p.s. Bruce, re: T12, next season my friend... ;)
I almost brought that up in my original post, lol, but I was already getting long-winded. You showed me the wide passing line in T12 early this season, I figured it was appropriate to use it to get around you yesterday. :D

You mentioned upgrading your track ride for next year. Keep us posted on what weapon you're looking for...

Domiken

moman;289489 wrote: The best track days of the year for me were the ones at NYST run by Todd and crew. They are all very friendly and helpful, definitely a pleasure riding with any of them.
Unfortunately I did not take note of the V4 Bruce speaks of as I was busy enjoying the sweet sound of the BMW inline 4(except for the time the motor locked up):banghead:
+1 :cool:

Poper

It really was a great crew of riders at each and every NYST event. The atmosphere and comradery was epic! If we could only find something to kill the down time on Saturday nights...:D

Mike55

Agreed. Thank you for the great experiences this year! I hope to have several more next year and beyond. And congrats to Vaciliy on your bump!!!

Hey Bruce,

I will remember May 10th for a long time to come

It was my very first track day and I can honestly say that you were a very big part of it being a great day. Had you not said

hello and started conversation we probably would have been on our way home 10 min later. Thank you for that.

You are a great example of what this community is all about:cool::cool:

kappy1000

Control Rider
Director
Aprilia 417;289390 wrote: A big thank you to NESBA, Todd and the whole CR crew who made this season at NYST such a great summer experience. I was there on Friday, May 10 to help set brake and corner markers, as we all got our first taste of NYST. I was there yesterday September 22 to wrap up the season. And I was fortunate to be there for a dozen NESBA events in between. Thanks to Todd, Dion, Murph, Kappy, Steve, Will, and Poper (sorry if I'm leaving a CR out), my pace and confidence have increased significantly on the track. Above all, the events were just plain FUN. I was also at NYST with four other organizations this summer, but I'm totally sincere when I say that the NESBA events were the class of the field for organization, direction, coaching and fun...not to mention the best food.

I know that NESBA didn't hit the attendance figures that they wanted (or needed) to make the numbers work financially, but it's a credit to the organization that you did not cancel a single scheduled event for lack of attendance. I know that had to hurt, but as a long-time member, I appreciate that commitment.

I enjoyed meeting some new-to-me NESBA riders this year. Jimmy, Rupert, Jerod, and Charlie to name a few. And of course I had a great time hanging out with and riding with old friends Dave, Marvin, Jacob, Brent, Chris, Chris, Jay, John, John and others. Of course thanks to Greg, his family and the whole NYST crew for creating and maintaining an incredible venue for us.

I know October 5/6 is not a NESBA event, but I look forward to wrapping up the NYST season with a few of you before we have to pack our toys for the season.

Lastly, I'm happy I was able to introduce a few people to the awesome sound of an Aprilia V4 at full throttle down the front straight!!! Sorry guys, all your bikes are great, but there is no sound quite like it :D
Thanks for a great season Bruce. I always like the sound of your bike pulling up to tech; sounds angry!!!

Aprilia 417

kappy1000;289597 wrote: Thanks for a great season Bruce. I always like the sound of your bike pulling up to tech; sounds angry!!!
It IS angry.:mad: It's pissed off that someone faster isn't riding it!!!

murph146

Control Rider
Bruce, fore sure it was an awesome year!! I wish I could have been to more events but the ones I did make to quote poper (were epic) everyone has perfected their riding skills and speed from that very 1st weekend. I'm already looking forward to a great 2014! Hope everyone has a quick and enjoyable off season.