NESBA Represents at Wheeling and Pittsburgh

Ducati Pete

For those who have followed our thread about attending Pittsburgh bike nights and trying to attract new area riders, I would like to share our success and hand out a few Kudos.

Tom (TDelgram), Patrick (Fitz), Woo/Andrew (Avispls) and lil ole me (Ducati Pete) put on NESBA Representations at Wheeling, WV and Cranberry, PA Quaker Steak and Lube Bike Nights. Tom and Patrick did Wheeling Wednesday and all four of us were at Cranberry tonight.

Overall, I think we were well received. All of us talked to a BUNCH of people. There were a few times we could have actually used 6 or 8 members to talk to all that wanted to talk. Some people were simply curious, many with a sportbike interest who liked the bikes and a pretty fair number with real aspirations of stepping up to the track. As Fitz put is, we planted a lot of seeds tonight and we all feel we will see some of these faces at the track soon and some in the future.

I wanted to hand out Kudos to all who participated. BIG Kudos to Tom for organizing the brunt of it, making calls to QSL managers and hooking up with their marketing people (who LOVED us.) Kudos to Fitz as he probably spoke to more people than any of us and was the one I turned to for answers when needed and Kudos to Woo for pulling in the young rider group and being best adept at speaking their language. And Kudos to me for making the two hour drive AND picking up that hot sportbike riding chick. (just kidding.... I didn't really pick her up but Tom thought she was my new girlfriend by the time I was done with her).

And last but not least, big thanks to Bob for getting us a bit of schwag, fliers and misc.... Made us look professional. Hint, hint..... a nice banner would make a HUGE difference as nobody had any idea who we were until they strolled over and asked.

Overall, we had a good time and positive results were achieved. Success for sure and we will be looking to do this again real soon.

Thanks again all,
Pete

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
Good job, guys! Way to represent, and thanks for doing something to help keep our BeaveRun (Pitt Race) events on the calendar. :congrats:

tdelegram

Control Rider
fitz;273054 wrote: fixed it :D
His dad was there too!

Pete hit the nail on the head with the banner we could realy use one so people don't come up ask if we are selling clear sunglasses. The QSL marketing person asked us if we would be interested in being there every 2 weeks. I think based on the turn out we are better off focused on Cranberry, I can cover Wheeling Solo or with Patrick and Eileen (who should also be mentioned and thanked for supporting Wheeling!), when I am home. I posted in the other thread, my next week off not traveling is the week of Memorial day, we could start the planning now via this thread. I know some of you are a few hours away, but there are others that are less than an hour andIi would love to see 3 to 4 weekends at the beav a year. Only way that happens is we get proactive!

I am going to start the list now:
1 Tom D
2 Patrick L
3 Pete H
4 Andrew (WOOO)

Who else is going to step up, the gauntlet has bee laid, the line in the sand drawn, the challenge put forth. In other words, WTF are you waiting for!

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;273095 wrote: His dad was there too!

1 Tom D
2 Patrick L
3 Pete H
4 Andrew (WOOO)

Who else is going to step up, the gauntlet has bee laid, the line in the sand drawn, the challenge put forth. In other words, WTF are you waiting for!
Hey Tom (everyone actually),

I think it's a MUST to be there in two weeks. That Thursday (23rd) falls two days prior to our first Beave weekend. I am IN for sure......... less rain, etc....

I noticed QSL had radio banners all around the patio. The X and DVE....... both big rock stations. If you are willing, call the marketing woman, ask if it's possible to get a mention on their radio spots. I think a good way to present it is to let her know we have a sportbike-riders-group attraction and if QSL/NESBA get put out on the air those people, they will come to see out "Race Machine", etc... If you prefer, I am willing to speak to her and even call the stations directly, although I don't think that's a good idea as it's stepping over the boundary with QSL. My Ex wife was a pro DJ down here in Morgantown and all stations are always looking for cool tidbits to throw out while they are on the air. I can most certainly speak their jargon and would be willing to talk with the marketing manager and or call the stations only if she feels it's okay to do so.

BUT, if we present this....... we MUST be there, unless QSL cancels. Even in the rain. BUT, I think it will pay HUGE dividends in good weather. What do you think? It needs to be started NOW to get air time and QSL to commit.

AND, Bob.... that banner would be awesome!!!!! Especially for the weekend prior to our Beave dates.

That's my two cents......... I'm in BIG. It was a LOT of fun hanging out at QSL and maybe that hot biker chick will show up again......... woohooo!!!!

Pete

matt2212

You guys are doing great I really like the beave and hope it stays on the schedule

Can one of the higher ups authorize a give away? QSL is being cool letting you guys recruit there lets give them a track day to give away and help them publicize there event as well

Just a thought

Keep up the good work guys

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ducati Pete

matt2212;273114 wrote: You guys are doing great I really like the beave and hope it stays on the schedule

Can one of the higher ups authorize a give away? QSL is being cool letting you guys recruit there lets give them a track day to give away and help them publicize there event as well

Just a thought

Keep up the good work guys

Great Thought Matt,

Even if we cannot give a track day........ we should find some mention of "thanks" to present to them.

Bob, any thoughts regarding this idea???

Pete

Nesba

Ducati Pete;273116 wrote: Great Thought Matt,

Even if we cannot give a track day........ we should find some mention of "thanks" to present to them.

Bob, any thoughts regarding this idea???

Pete

Yea man....give away a couple events for each event you attend to non-members. Also in order to give away the track days collect emails and names. Ensure you tell them will be notified via email so it needs to valid.

Thanks so much guys!

matt2212

Nesba;273118 wrote: Yea man....give away a couple events for each event you attend to non-members. Also in order to give away the track days collect emails and names. Ensure you tell them will be notified via email so it needs to valid.

Thanks so much guys!
Super cool!

needasixr

Hmmmm...
Take a half day of vacation and hang out drinking beer and talking bikes?
Maybe I'll see you guys in 2 weeks.

tdelegram

Control Rider
I was thinking Thursday 5/30 at the Cranberry location, the week before (5/23) I'll be driving to Summit Thursday night then home and Beave for the weekend. If you guys want to do the week before thats cool too, Andrew is close and I'll committ him bringing a canopy. Larry if you want to crash here afterwards let me know.

fitz

Thanks Bob, when I’m trying to “sell” going to track days and NESBA, I tell them about the free novice sessions and the Yamaha program, being able to offer an actual free track day would make my job even easier.

THE biggest hurdle of getting them on the track though is the leathers, they have the bike, helmet, gloves, half the time boots, but when the subject of leathers comes up that’s when we hit a wall. They want to give track riding a try (you can see it in their eyes) but the expense of leathers to try something that their not sure they are going to like is a hard one to get past. I’ve suggested all the usual cheaper alternatives, buying used etc… I’ve even donated some of the other member’s leathers (without their knowledge :D).

So I was thinking (since people are doing more than just talking:)), if we could get some leathers together to bring to the track of all sizes, used ones donated by members and so on, that would play a HUGE part in getting some of these guys to the track for the first time, after that, it would take care of itself. I know other tracks and track orgs offer to rent out leathers just for that reason, I know other riders that have chosen to ride with them just for that reason.

Just a thought.

Nesba

fitz;273168 wrote: Thanks Bob, when I’m trying to “sell” going to track days and NESBA, I tell them about the free novice sessions and the Yamaha program, being able to offer an actual free track day would make my job even easier.

THE biggest hurdle of getting them on the track though is the leathers, they have the bike, helmet, gloves, half the time boots, but when the subject of leathers comes up that’s when we hit a wall. They want to give track riding a try (you can see it in their eyes) but the expense of leathers to try something that their not sure they are going to like is a hard one to get past. I’ve suggested all the usual cheaper alternatives, buying used etc… I’ve even donated some of the other member’s leathers (without their knowledge :D).

So I was thinking (since people are doing more than just talking:)), if we could get some leathers together to bring to the track of all sizes, used ones donated by members and so on, that would play a HUGE part in getting some of these guys to the track for the first time, after that, it would take care of itself. I know other tracks and track orgs offer to rent out leathers just for that reason, I know other riders that have chosen to ride with them just for that reason.

Just a thought.
We do rent leathers through Markbuilt. This however doesn't cover Beaver(PITT). We can make arrangements to offer leather rental if you think that will help. Tell them we do and we will make it happen!!

Ducati Pete

tdelegram;273158 wrote: I was thinking Thursday 5/30 at the Cranberry location, the week before (5/23) I'll be driving to Summit Thursday night then home and Beave for the weekend. If you guys want to do the week before thats cool too, Andrew is close and I'll committ him bringing a canopy. Larry if you want to crash here afterwards let me know.

I too was thinking about doing Summit that Friday and road-tripping straight back to Beave........... if we cannot get the numbers to attend Cranberry......... I'm going back to my original plan.

Even doing Cranberry and pulling into Summit at 2AM is doable. BUT, three days of riding, 1000 miles of driving........ Pete's gonna be worn out and have a sore ass........... especially if Tom forces his Saturday Night Sausage upon me while I'm passed out from too much beer.

Pete

Ducati Pete

Nesba;273169 wrote: We do rent leathers through Markbuilt. This however doesn't cover Beaver(PITT). We can make arrangements to offer leather rental if you think that will help. Tell them we do and we will make it happen!!

I think the logistics to this Bob is unrealistic. We'd have to gather up a bunch of leathers of all sizes, process credit card deposits, take payments, etc.... for a few riders.

I think we need to stress to the potential rider how much they are going to love track riding and they need to man up and be prepared. As Fitz said, they have everything less the leathers......... If someone is going to come to the track, I feel they will get leathers on their own.

But, if you have a plan that allows us to make this happen........... I'm ALL in. But, if we tell people they can come as we have leathers and then cannot fulfill that promise (didn't have their size, not enough suits, etc...)........... NESBA will never see that rider again............ AND he will tell all his friends.

Promising leather rentals can only work if we do it right. Is there any possibility of getting Markbilt to send a small truck/trailer of leathers to Beave and let them handle it (and sell suspension set-ups too)? If this can be put together, we can advertise the leathers and pro suspension work locally along with our track days. If we could then get this put out on the airwaves of radio........ I think we would see a lot of folks at the track.

Your thoughts!!!!
Pete

Nesba

Ducati Pete;273180 wrote: I think the logistics to this Bob is unrealistic. We'd have to gather up a bunch of leathers of all sizes, process credit card deposits, take payments, etc.... for a few riders.

I think we need to stress to the potential rider how much they are going to love track riding and they need to man up and be prepared. As Fitz said, they have everything less the leathers......... If someone is going to come to the track, I feel they will get leathers on their own.

But, if you have a plan that allows us to make this happen........... I'm ALL in. But, if we tell people they can come as we have leathers and then cannot fulfill that promise (didn't have their size, not enough suits, etc...)........... NESBA will never see that rider again............ AND he will tell all his friends.

Promising leather rentals can only work if we do it right. Is there any possibility of getting Markbilt to send a small truck/trailer of leathers to Beave and let them handle it (and sell suspension set-ups too)? If this can be put together, we can advertise the leathers and pro suspension work locally along with our track days. If we could then get this put out on the airwaves of radio........ I think we would see a lot of folks at the track.

Your thoughts!!!!
Pete
What im suggesting is, we will make the investment on the leathers if that is truly a stumbling block. They will remain with Todd and not be distributed to any other location. Turn around on the company i would like to use is very very short, so we can get the proper sizing pretty quick.

Nesba

Thanks for everyone coordinating this initiative. I always knew our members are the best and understand what the organization is about.

I have been communicating with another member offline to help you guys even further by providing some essential items for professional promotions at these events.

Thanks again for all your hard work. I cant wait to buy you guys a beer or two at the Beav!

avizpls

#11-A
tdelegram;273095 wrote:

1 Tom D
2 Patrick L
3 Pete H
4 Andrew (WOOO)
Yup I'm in. As are my parents evidently.... I've got a canopy and a few chairs at the ready in my trailer should Tom not be able to. Its hard to commit to every single event, but I think I can make most of them-deftly was a good time! Even got to take a KTM for a blast around the industrial park!

Leathers were a block for 2 guys I talked to. Without knowing they'd be in it long-term, buying wasnt an option. It was a hurdle for myself as well. I ended up buying the cheapest set I could find, and they didnt fit well. Not long after I got a better set. Having some to rent would be great!

Ducati Pete

Nesba;273192 wrote: What im suggesting is, we will make the investment on the leathers if that is truly a stumbling block. They will remain with Todd and not be distributed to any other location. Turn around on the company i would like to use is very very short, so we can get the proper sizing pretty quick.

Well Bob,

Pull the trigger on this action!!!! At the least, Avis and I and I suspect Fitz are positively in for the the bike night two days before the Beave event. Maybe we can get Tom to swing in for a few hours before heading to Summit. Personally, I decided it best to not sign up for the Summit Friday ride in order to make this Bike Night, plus the drive/riding would kill an old man like me.

If the leathers are in Todd's possession by that Thursday, we'll push the shit out of coming to Beave. Once again........ I reiterate........ some rock radio station air time would reap HUGE rewards. We are only seeing a few people at the QSL........ the airwaves will reach from northern WV, into Ohio and push toward Erie. PA.

With that thought in mind........ the QSL Marketing Manger should to contacted. Tom, if you have that info and wish to share it with me, I'll call her. I've been marketing various products for a LONG time, I can speak her language. AND, maybe we can get one of the radio stations into doing a remote broadcast..... but that would be on QSL as it's not cheap advertising.

Bob........ we NEED exposure!!! If we build and maintain some momentum, we can ultimately begin opening even more tracks around here. As long as I am physically and financially capable, I'm in for the long haul. Driving to NYST is 8 hours, NJ 6.5, VIR 5.... etc.... I'd like to see more tracks available in this area. Beave is our first test though and we'll learn a lot now.

With that said....... all you guys from around here......... I ask you step up and help. Even just rolling into a bike night with your street bike and hanging out, telling people how much fun you have on the track, etc.... is a HUGE addition. Better yet, bring your race machine, show it off, tell your stories. People LOVE listening to what we have to say....... and we might also get some wild eyed youngsters off the road and teach them to be all they can be.

Later
Pete

Ducati Pete

Nesba;273193 wrote: Thanks for everyone coordinating this initiative. I always knew our members are the best and understand what the organization is about.

I have been communicating with another member offline to help you guys even further by providing some essential items for professional promotions at these events.

Thanks again for all your hard work. I cant wait to buy you guys a beer or two at the Beav!

Beer's on me Bob. Just kegged up 10 gallons just for the Beave......... But, if you wanna get me a hooker.........

See ya there
Pete