Nesba sucks...

Desiryderz

After doing three track days with them..i regret paying them membership fee,

everytime i have went, there was like 40+novice group.. and the Control Riders dont even show you any race lines..

and at Lil Tally, i was charged gate fee, for me and my friends, and which nesba says, they will cover it, i have sent so many emails to nesba..never heard a thing from them..

from now i will never give any business to Nesba..

Will be signing up with STT,

Rick Johnson

Sorry you feel that way.Generally B and I are full that's just the way it is.As far as the CR's they will help anyone that ask for it.Nesba is a great org. and run their TD's very professionally.So have fun with the other org. Piece!:eek:uttahere:

Squegee

You know if you have had adressed this issue with the nesba director AT THE TIME OF THE EVENT it could have been taken care of. Enjoy

Mr.DJ

:dunno:

Desiryderz,

Can you help me understand what happened recently that has you so upset with NESBA? I was at VIR last weekend and Road Atl now. I don't recall anyone approaching me or Brian at VIR or us +Pitzer this weekend (so far) that is ready to throw in the towel.

Yes, Tally was an anomaly, the owner toss us at the last second (I paid also). But, we are fixing that issue, at that track for next time. No one should pay a gate fee. So, I was there and everyone that came to me asking for help - got it, either from me or another CR.

If you decided against NESBA, OK - I respect any sound, well thought out and objective decision. As long as your sticking to the track, we all win :first:

Good luck,
dj

meanstrk

Control Rider
Rick Johnson;4006 wrote: Never had to pay a gate fee at any Nesba event.:dunno:
At CMP last month, there was a $10 spectator fee at the gate. I was just there to hang out at that event, but rode down and told them I was riding and did not pay, but there WAS a gate fee there.

If you have an issue, but don't say anything at the track, or talk to any CR's, how do you expect those issues to be resolved? I am just as guilty of keeping things to myself sometimes, but now I make it a point to say something since, if I am having an issue, others may too.

DJ. I must say I REALLY enjoyed how you ran things at VIR earlier this month! Thanks man!

Trey

Desi is a blowhard on other forums anyway... Just ignore him..

DJ, great day at Road A yesterday.. Just a couple of very minor details that I wasn't crazy about, but nothing that I would bash NESBA for..

I heard the CW at 10B was reading a book when a rider was down tho... My gf was watching from there and witnessed it .. Then 2 spectators jumped the fence to go help the dude since the CW wasn't doing anything, and they promptly got kicked out.. (I fully understand this, but I hope if this was how it went down the CW was severely reprimanded... I applaud all CW's for their assistance, but this was sorta sad to hear..) If this was not what really happened, then I apologize for bringing it up.. I understand the rider thankfully turned out to be ok regardless..

Everything else was very cool yesterday however.. :)

brianjohnson

OK, let's clear up this story right now. The CW was NOT reading a book, nor was he asleep, or anything else like that. From that station, where the rider ended up, there are some sightline issues that came into play.

Trust me, the issue was taken up immediately by us with Race Control who handled the issue with the CW. Bottom line is the CW messed up, knew he messed up, and was very, very frustrated at himself and very sorry for the delay in responding.

But he was NOT doing anything that would have caused him to be distracted from the task at hand.

That being said, anyone besides officials and staff entering the track itself, without permission and worse yet while bikes are still circulating, are causing a potentially more serious issue, not only because of their safety, but also the safety of the downed rider. What were they planning on doing when they got to the rider? What if he was injured and they tried taking his helmet off, or doing something else that could compound his injuries, even to the point of being fatal? We absolutely cannot tolerate such blatant and clear disregard for safety. So yes, they were ejected from the property immediately.

Trey

Brian, I meant no disrespect.. I just heard one story and I certainly don't blame you for having the spectators booted for insurance reasons.. Really just wanted to hear the truth and I appreciate you explaining it.. :)

I have CW'd before for smaller venues and I know how hard they work.. Which is why it was odd that this particular event happened.. My apologies if I was misinformed of all the details.

emry

I was at the track and also heard from several spectators about the issue. I am really glad to hear it was sightline issue. Keep up the well put togerther events.

rk97

updated;3999 wrote: Does this mean you and your family have to pay at the gate and Nesba will reimburse you?
no - 99% of the time, you just have mention that you're with NESBA, and whoever's at the gate will let you through. This has always been my experience - even at Summit on a weekend WERA was racing. I just told them I was going to the Jefferson Circuit, and they didn't hassle me a bit. They could have easily hassled me for the $25 others paid to watch the races.

This particular event sounds like an anomily.

brianjohnson

No offense taken at all. I just wanted to nip the rumor in the bud right away because these stories have a way of spreading really quickly.

Ruhe52

Is this the rider that sat in the crash zone and removed his lid? Keep it on.

Desi sorry you feel the way you do about NESBA I have never had an issue that was not handled as soon as possible.
For what its worth go ride with STT if you want a complete track day though you'll be back. DJ, Brian, Jeff, Derek, Earle, Brown and Allen thanks for an awesome weekend. It was hot and yes Sat AM was a mess but it was handled. No need to have another rider meeting when the asshats rding waaaaaaay over their heads sort of set themselves out. It's a trackday the only people on the podium are taking pictures. No one wins a trackday. Hope everyone that went down is ok and was able to figure out what went wrong. CRs great police work.

Desiryderz

Mr.DJ;4017 wrote: :dunno:

Desiryderz,

Can you help me understand what happened recently that has you so upset with NESBA? I was at VIR last weekend and Road Atl now. I don't recall anyone approaching me or Brian at VIR or us +Pitzer this weekend (so far) that is ready to throw in the towel.

Yes, Tally was an anomaly, the owner toss us at the last second (I paid also). But, we are fixing that issue, at that track for next time. No one should pay a gate fee. So, I was there and everyone that came to me asking for help - got it, either from me or another CR.

If you decided against NESBA, OK - I respect any sound, well thought out and objective decision. As long as your sticking to the track, we all win :first:

Good luck,
dj

One Question- How come control riders doesn't take at slow pace at first session, atleast first lap, showing the track around, why do they have to make it like..its MOTOGP race and they have something to prove, WE KNOW that Control riders are fast and super fast and know what they are doing, instead of flying by us, arent they supposed to show the lines and educate NOVICE Riders,

First time it happend this to me at LiL Tally, I asked this Control Rider name..DJ, i believe it you..to help me out there..and DJ Said, he will help me when he can, right now he cant, because he's busy?
Then Barber, same thing ..the control rider just went at very high speed pace, without showing us lines..but after my 3rd session..one of the control rider didnt come out show me couple of lines and then he took off too..

Like i said, it feel like they re trying to prove something to us, like what? THAT THEYRE FASTER THAN US? I have done a lot track days with Small Organizers, like RPM, Elite Sports bike, and Even STT, they all have classroom, where they actually teach Novice riders things and show race lines..

Why doesnt Nesba do that? i'm not the only who's dissapointed in nesba..a lot of that i know are..thats why i'm not giving my business to nesba anymore, i hope you guys will improve, and people will keepin giving ya'll business, Good Luck

Ruhe52

Desi, your deal with NESBA sounds like a pretty unique deal. I have always found that control riders take it slow and show the line always in B group and while they may run a little pace in I they are assuming you made it to I so "Man" up and get on their tail. In B or Novice they also use the out laps and first session to get an idea of who is who and how the group rides. Sometimes they have to abandon the teacher part of the job to calm down a bunch of clowns riding way over their heads and outside the rules of the group. I rode with STT prior to NESBA and while it was a trackday and enjoyable the (at the time have no idea what they do today) mandatory class room was a pain in the ass IMHO. If you want class room their are orgs out there that offer it or take a class. Corner speed, Schwantz, Code etc. NESBA is a bit more open than others and clearly takes a different approach to it. Not wrong just not like everyone else. Also I have found the general riders to be very good and always willing to help a brother or sister out. For me the other brands don't have the same brotherhood / sisterhood and keep to yourself approach. In general the membership didn't feel as friendly. That's just how it played out for me. It doesn't mean they SUCK
Sorry you don't dig NESBA but many of us have found it a home away from home and many that I have met I consider family and some of my best friends.
Keep in mind the primary role of CRs is safety. Sometimes they have to start out by playing cop if they see a group (even in the riders meeting) where they know they have some fast or aggressive riders in B group they might circulate pretty fast to get an idea on what the day is going to be like. Being a CR cannot be an easy job as pretty much every action you take is going to piss someone off.
Given that you had a bad day at Tally and did not address it that day. What exactly do you want done here? Bitching about it now does no good and it is doubtful any regular on this board is going to leave the NESBA family based on your issues. So again what is it you want? You already have decided not to ride with NESBA again so to me it sounds like a win win. You go ride with whoever you want and NESBA doesn't have a rider that can't keep up with a CR in B group.

Mr.DJ

I think Cyclerant covered some good points.

Since my name came up, I will comment:

I don't think that was me. For me, running the event takes precedence over CRing. The other CRs were at the line and provided the "lead and follow." A matter of fact, I know it wasn't me during the Yellow flag laps, because I was dealing with late registration and other member issues. I have a standard response in the morning from personal requests "I may not get out there until 2nd or 3rd session due to running the event, BUT I WILL FIND YOU!" I've never said I'm too busy to help . Thats all I do. You would just have to be patient, as you are one of 100+. I typically help all those that ask. I may miss one here and there because we ran out of time :) Park by pit out and speak with a CR

I'm not following your description of your experience with the "Mystery CR" showing you the lines at tally and Barber, but it seems like he did show you the line for a few laps and went to help other members or correct a problem (same thing). Just because a CR "Takes Off" shouldn't lead a member to conclude CRs are proving something. They have to find other riders, check the flow of the group within it's passing rules and catch violators. Our first responsibility is safety, spacing and then offer ways to improve your riding.

Indeed, if we are not providing what you want, I thank you for sharing your disappointment. There is a delineation between school and trackday. No organization will satisfy everyone. If your needs change, please consider us again.

DJ OUT

JGardy_781

Desiryderz;4149 wrote: One Question- How come control riders doesn't take at slow pace at first session, atleast first lap, showing the track around, why do they have to make it like..its MOTOGP race and they have something to prove, WE KNOW that Control riders are fast and super fast and know what they are doing, instead of flying by us, arent they supposed to show the lines and educate NOVICE Riders,
At every event I've ever been to, the first two laps of the first two sessions of the day in B and I are run under a standing yellow at a low pace, so you can get acquainted with the track. I've never had a CR running off like they were in a MotoGP race during these periods, nor during the morning sessions. If anything, you hear constant complaints that the CRs are keeping the pace too low at this time.

Desiryderz;4149 wrote: First time it happend this to me at LiL Tally, I asked this Control Rider name..DJ, i believe it you..to help me out there..and DJ Said, he will help me when he can, right now he cant, because he's busy? Then Barber, same thing ..the control rider just went at very high speed pace, without showing us lines..but after my 3rd session..one of the control rider didnt come out show me couple of lines and then he took off too..
NESBA doesn't run a school. If you want specific, one on one instruction, you can attend on of the myriad schools available to you. Depending upon the behavior exhibitied by your fellow riders in B or I or whatever, you'll often see CRs spending more time chasing down rule breakers and dangerous riders in a rather vain attempt to keep them from crashing or injuring someone else instead of working with slow riders attempting to get them on line and bring them up to pace. Personally, in B or I, if I had a CR tell me they were flat "too busy" to work with me, which I've NEVER heard, I would have gone and sought out the day's event director, who would have identified himself during the riders meeting in the morning.

Desiryderz;4149 wrote: Like i said, it feel like they re trying to prove something to us, like what? THAT THEYRE FASTER THAN US?
They already are faster than you. Regardless of what you think, they're not attempting to prove anything to you.

Desiryderz;4149 wrote:
I have done a lot track days with Small Organizers, like RPM, Elite Sports bike, and Even STT, they all have classroom, where they actually teach Novice riders things and show race lines..

Why doesnt Nesba do that?
Again, NESBA isn't a school. We don't have paid instructors, we don't have mandatory classroom instruction. That's not what we do. If you want instruction, there are schools (Code, Spencer, Pridmore, etc.) that can service this need. For those of us who want to ride and pick up instruction from faster riders, NESBA works fine.

Desiryderz;4149 wrote:
i'm not the only who's dissapointed in nesba..a lot of that i know are..thats why i'm not giving my business to nesba anymore, i hope you guys will improve, and people will keepin giving ya'll business, Good Luck
That's fine - check out the RRW trackday issue - there are tons of organizations that can get you track time. The regulars here are pretty happy with the choice(s) we make, as well as with the organizations we ride with (hint - many of us ride with other orgs too). What we typically don't do is pitch a fit on the bulletin board of the org complaining that whatever expectations we've generated in our own mind weren't met by the organization.

Every morning, at every riders meeting I've ever attended with NESBA (over the past 5 years), the event director says "If you're not having a good day, if something's wrong, if you need help, or if you need a part, come and see me today. I can work with you today, but I can't help you Monday morning on the BBS."

Yet there are still these week-after BBS posts...