nesba suprise i think

codeblue69

Monticello, NY...i have a feeling they r working out a deal with them for next year.i hope im right.this will bring me back from jumping the border to ride with pro6 at calibogie

codeblue69

It's a hunch. 1 talked to a friend that knows that track and the peeps who run it. And he said they need money. Also if u go to nesba web page and click on tracks they go to they have Monticello on it. Why? They just redesign the page and nesba has never done a day there so why put it up?

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
mike574;261497 wrote: didn't this track have lots of armco? I think that would have to change to get NESBA to run there.
Agreed. NESBA checked it out when it first opened, and unlike the other clubs, they deemed it unsafe to ride. So, unless the've addressed the armco issue, I'd be surprised if NESBA runs there.

z064life

codeblue69;261486 wrote: It's a hunch. 1 talked to a friend that knows that track and the peeps who run it. And he said they need money. Also if u go to nesba web page and click on tracks they go to they have Monticello on it. Why? They just redesign the page and nesba has never done a day there so why put it up?
They also have the entire midwest listed...wana guess how many days will be at those tracks?

Poper

codeblue69;261477 wrote: Monticello, NY...i have a feeling they r working out a deal with them for next year.i hope im right.this will bring me back from jumping the border to ride with pro6 at calibogie
As many have said, NESBA lists tracks they have never even been to on that page (i.e. Bluegrass). Monti is a no-go for bikes and NESBA because of the safety hazards. NYST on the other hand is a VERY different story. 16 days!!! Let's get that schedule out!

LOrtega

Control Rider
They have not made the track any safer for motorcycles.
They have not removed or relocated armco, run off is still sketchy in a few places, and mainly they, themselves, Banned motorcycles because of a large number of crash-fest weekends at that track with other orgs.

I rode the track with another org and after 3 sessions had my share of fun packed and went home.
My personal opionion is the track at B group pace is a C-/D for safety.

If they do get their act together I would love to go back very close to my house, however as the track is now I seriously doubt NESBA will ever turn a wheel there. If we didnt ride the track when it first opened up to bikes, due to safety and they havent changed anything since, well thats your answer there...

jfmgsxr750

Come back Monti

I rode at Monti the 2 seasons it was open and I LOVED every minute!!! Well except for
that last full Monti day, it was a crashfest. STT lost contol of the day for sure. BUT all
the other days I rode there with them the days were very smooth. Any ORG can have
a bad day depending on the knuckleheads who show up. I rode all the configurations at
Monti. My favorite was the 66. The elevation changes were awesome. It makes NJMP look
flat, LOL. NYST is supposed to have some wicked elevation changes as well. Can't wait to try
this track. TPM and STT had many days at Monti and I rode with both orgs at most of these days.
While I was there no one ran off into one of the armcos nor have I heard of anyone hitting one.
I have ridden at Shenny and those barriers are CLOSE!!! :eek: NESBA doesn't go there either.
Many people love Shenny and orgs still go there. Monti is less than 1 hour from my house. WE
ride by there on sun mornings and see like 4 cars going around the southern track. I am not surprised
that they are having money problems again. IF they were to let bikes back in, I would be there
in a heart beat. I am sure Monti will have no problem getting orgs to come back!!!:)

USMC_10

Thanks to all for the updates on Monticello. I am active duty military currently living in Washington D.C., however I grew up in Monticello, went to school there, still have family there. The track is no kidding 10 minutes from my house. Whether NESBA rides there or not, I drive past the track every time I head home to visit family.

Would love the opportunity to ride there sometime...though it sounds like it's not in the cards due to safety concerns.

Please do keep us posted on the progress.

Mike

2blueyam

jfmgsxr750;266375 wrote: I have ridden at Shenny and those barriers are CLOSE!!! :eek: NESBA doesn't go there either.
Many people love Shenny and orgs still go there.
I rode there once and found there were a couple of corners where I seemed a bit slower than some of the other traffic that I was beating around much of the rest of the track. I didn't figure out what was happening until I watched the video after getting home. Those were the corners with the barriers close by. Apparently my self preservation instincts were better than I thought.

I would go back, but I will continue taking it easy through those corners.

denbsteph

Poper;261506 wrote: As many have said, NESBA lists tracks they have never even been to on that page (i.e. Bluegrass). Monti is a no-go for bikes and NESBA because of the safety hazards. NYST on the other hand is a VERY different story. 16 days!!! Let's get that schedule out!
NESBA was beating that drum about NCBIKE the past few years, look what happened.......... NESBA is running there 4 times this year. I would venture to say, anything is possible concerning "tracks that have been deemed unsafe" :)

Aprilia 417

jfmgsxr750;266375 wrote: I rode at Monti the 2 seasons it was open and I LOVED every minute!!! Well except for
that last full Monti day, it was a crashfest. STT lost contol of the day for sure. BUT all
the other days I rode there with them the days were very smooth. Any ORG can have
a bad day depending on the knuckleheads who show up. I rode all the configurations at
Monti. My favorite was the 66. The elevation changes were awesome. It makes NJMP look
flat, LOL. NYST is supposed to have some wicked elevation changes as well. Can't wait to try
this track. TPM and STT had many days at Monti and I rode with both orgs at most of these days.
While I was there no one ran off into one of the armcos nor have I heard of anyone hitting one.
I have ridden at Shenny and those barriers are CLOSE!!! :eek: NESBA doesn't go there either.
Many people love Shenny and orgs still go there. Monti is less than 1 hour from my house. WE
ride by there on sun mornings and see like 4 cars going around the southern track. I am not surprised
that they are having money problems again. IF they were to let bikes back in, I would be there
in a heart beat. I am sure Monti will have no problem getting orgs to come back!!!:)
:agree: I ran there many times over the two seasons open to bikes without major incident. In fact, I had one day there with no red or yellow flags for an entire day. Not a single rider went off track. That's the only time that ever has happened in my personal trackday experience. I think riders were so paranoid about the Armco it forced them to turn on their brains. I'm closer to NYST, but also close enough to Monticello that I'd enjoy returning.

ericlouie1

Its kind of funny how this track brings bikes on board to get out of debt, then gives them the boot, and then brings them back once thye are back in the hole. If there wasn't such a derth of tracks, I'd avoid it all together. Heck, even if it does re-open to bikes, i'll personally avoid it, plenty of other great tracks that welcome bikes with open arms.

Aprilia 417

I understand your frustration with the track ownership/management using us when they struggle and then treating us personae non gratae when they're not. However, I'm not going to bite my nose off to spite my face and give up the opportunity to ride there given that I like the layout and it's just 100 miles away.

JRA

Aprilia 417;267263 wrote: :agree: I ran there many times over the two seasons open to bikes without major incident. In fact, I had one day there with no red or yellow flags for an entire day. Not a single rider went off track. That's the only time that ever has happened in my personal trackday experience. I think riders were so paranoid about the Armco it forced them to turn on their brains. I'm closer to NYST, but also close enough to Monticello that I'd enjoy returning.
I've never seen the track and all I know is what I have heard from people I trust. Based on that there are some pretty serious safety concerns at Monticello. If you have other options that are known to be safer why take the increased risk? This sport is dangerous enough with tracks that are considered far safer. God forbid that you ever lose a friend at a track day, but if you do your whole perspective on track safety will likely change.

jfmgsxr750

Come back Monti...

Hey Pocono is back!!! That is less than 2 hrs drive for me and NO TOLLS!!!! It's gonna be a
nice season with 3 tracks in the area. That should help big time with the over crowding at NJMP.
Looks like I will be a weekend warrior again this season (no long trips). Having Pocono and NYST
will be a blessing. Both are much closer for me than NJMP. BUT if Monti were to come back........
me and my crew will be the 1st ones there. Come back Monti all is forgiven!!!! LOL :D