New bike...can't wait to get out there

Swodi

Hi all. I think this is my first post...might have posted once or twice in the past. Anyway, I'm replacing my RC51 with an '08 GSX-R750 and can't wait to get back out on the track. I've done some days with STT, CMP and Jennings, but none with NESBA.

I was looking for something lighter and more comfortable than the RC, and at my wife's insistence I took her brother's bike out for a ride. I used to own an '04 GSXR 600, and as soon as I pulled out of the driveway I felt like I was home again. I knew I had found my new bike.

Hopefully I'll see some of you at Road Atlanta in December.

buellucifer9s

my older brother used to have a 07 750 & the one time I got to ride it, it was pretty sweet!
still has a bit of torque like the rc but man when that hp starts to pull :D
welcome and enjoy the new ride!

Swodi

upnadam;152486 wrote: :pics:

Congrats on the new ride. Love the fiddy!
Here's a pic I stole off the ebay auction. And before you asked, yes I did a VIN check and everything came up clean so I feel pretty good about the deal. I'm going to pick up the bike tomorrow on my way to Virginia.

Swodi

Besides the mechanical aspects of the bike (light weight, smooth-as-buttah transmission, and engine), I'm really stoked about the aftermarket support availability. Finding stuff for the RC51 was a painstaking process and you were lucky if you could find three suppliers for any given part. With this GSX-R I'll be able to find bodywork, suspension, and other go-fast bits pretty easily.

First step will be putting the bike on a diet with the help of Sharkskinz or Hotbodies, and then some suspension work by GMD. Of course the VERY first thing I need to do is replace my suit and jackets; I crashed my Joe Rocket 1-piece and the seams in the arm just exploded. Not to mention the fact that I lost about 50 lbs. while I was on deployment this past year so nothing fits. I've got my eye on some Dainese gear...seems to feel better than the A-stars gear I tried on.

Swodi

vinny337;152558 wrote: What better way to be welcomed home from a deployment...nice bike!!
Yeah, it's my standard welcome home gift to myself. I never plan on that happening, but that seems to be the way it works out. Got my first RC51 in '04 days after deployment. Got my Hypermotard after my last deployment and subsequently totaled it, hence my current RC51, and I've been in the states for a week now and I'm picking up the new bike tomorrow.

puck

those 750's are hard to beat an the track - I've had mine bout a year and love it!! Can't wait til RA next month. - see ya there?

Swodi

92illpony;152701 wrote: got any trick rc parts you want to get rid of?
Funny that you ask. ;) You might be interested in the Turn One airbox I have. It's a carbon/fiberglass composite. I bought it off a guy at the Speedzilla message board but never installed it, in fact it's still in the box and packing peanuts in which he sent it to me. Not so trick, but more on the practical side, I have a corbin saddle I bought used off someone on the same board, and it, too, is sitting in the box in which it was shipped.

These parts are in GA right now, and I'm in VA, but I'll be down there in a couple weeks. Drop me a PM if you're interested. Thanks!

Nick