New bump system for NESBA

ayotte6pc

You completely forgot a few which are VERY IMPORTANT!

Longest wheelie from the start
Longest wheelie out of a corner
Highest wheelie without looping
Most ground down hard parts
Most $hit talking (Regardless if you can back it up or not)
If you have been using the same tires for 10 years, I would imagine by now you will know what PSI to run in them!

Toolbox should include more than a butterknife, a road flare, and a roll of white masking tape. (U know who you are)

I have more but have to go to work.

Marcmcm

mperussault;15781 wrote: Frosty Fuck, (what a name) it must be very very very cold wher you live.

FYI: Old Guys Rule ! (I am 48 years old)

Check this out:

http://www.wera.com/results/showeventresults.asp?x=816&rg=7519145132&c=7519145043

That would be a 1:25.4 at Summit Main... check it out at Mylaps.com as well. And this is no “Ohohohh Mr. CR he passed me on the inside… I think…it happen so fast I cannot remember…”

I am just being well behaved and patient in the I group just like I do at work and at NESBA events.

I have had more women (and happy - begging for me to come back ) that you will ever have in a lifetime. What else do you need ? Body count ?

1:25's isn't exactly A group pace at Main with NESBA. There are guys in the A group turning 18's and 19's. I'm turning consistent 25's in I group and I don't have a problem with the traffic.

JDog

if you spent a 1/4 the time riding as you do posting on here every other week crying and whining like my 4-year-old son about the bump that you haven't earned.. you just might actually *gasp* EARN the bump. Totally crazy concept, I know.

I love how you insinuate that it's anything/everything except your riding quality that holds you back when clearly that's not the case. Always someone or something else's fault, right?

better luck next weekend!! heh heh

--
:a:

jennthebiker

arent you the same guy who was behind me with the accent who pointed to my camera and showed me yours as well after a red flag?

and i said 'yeah you passed me in the straight. next time you pass me don't slow me up in the turns.'

:) that jtb is always making friends!

i'm for sure you weren't running 25s when we were running together because my timer didnt show anything lower than a 27 and that wasn't until the end of the day.

or maybe my timer really is broken and we were running 23s out there! (or i was running 23s when i wasnt behind you)

Katie785

there are guys in A running 16s at summit. There are some running slower times. TIMES DONT MATTER. Consistency, smoothness and predictibility! Those guys who ARE running 15s etc need to know that when they blow by you in T10 (or split you in 4) you are going to be where you need to be, you wont make any eratic moves, and you will learn something from them.

I garuntee that once you get to the A group in Nesba you will understand. I cant ride too well in the "other" groups A level. I dont feel safe. If i wanted I guys running with me in A, I race. Nesba's A group is one of the main reasons I love Nesba. Once you get there, you have no where else to go. You have no CRs to tell you if you are doing something wrong or if you need to work on anything.

If you are still in I, there is a reason. If you are getting feedback from CRs, absorb it. Learn from it. Appreciate it.

Morph

Control Rider
katie785;15813 wrote: there are guys in a running 16s at summit. There are some running slower times. Times dont matter. Consistency, smoothness and predictibility! Those guys who are running 15s etc need to know that when they blow by you in t10 (or split you in 4) you are going to be where you need to be, you wont make any eratic moves, and you will learn something from them.

I garuntee that once you get to the a group in nesba you will understand. I cant ride too well in the "other" groups a level. I dont feel safe. If i wanted i guys running with me in a, i race. Nesba's a group is one of the main reasons i love nesba. Once you get there, you have no where else to go. You have no crs to tell you if you are doing something wrong or if you need to work on anything.

If you are still in i, there is a reason. If you are getting feedback from crs, absorb it. Learn from it. Appreciate it.

boots!!!...............

Matt H

mperussault;15779 wrote: I have to live fast and get there fast. So excuse my impatience. )
Michel, where are you trying to get fast? Into the Advanced group? Why? Why does the sticker matter? Everyone should be out there to have a good time, and to become a better rider (this point is missed with WAY too many riders). I see the most mistakes, and least amount of learning, from riders who chase some inconsequential goal. The ones who move through the groups fastest are the ones least concerned about it. Do the things that will make you a better rider, and the "stickers" will come. Speed and laptimes come as the result of doing things correctly - the vice-versa (trying for speed and laptimes leading to proper technique, form, etc) is not true - and is very dangerous to you and the riders on the track with you.

mperussault;15779 wrote:
The whole family is EXREMELY competitive.
Track days are a place to learn and have fun. It is not the place for competition and ego. You mention racing - that is EXACTLY the place for those things - it will feed both if that is what you desire. And as for your MyLaps race, while it shows that you HIT at 1:25 on Summit Main, it also seems to indicate that you AVERAGED over a 1:30... ;)

Overall Michel, I'm somewhat disappointed in these posts you seem to make after trackdays. I've worked with you personally, and you seem like a nice guy, and you are certainly a good rider. Last time I rode with you (I was not present this past weekend), there were a few things that you needed to improve in order to be ready for Advanced. I sincerely hope you continue to come out, listen to the feedback you get, and earnestly work on improving those things. If you have any concerns about your riding and your advancement within our groups, I would be happy to talk more with you in person about these things. What is your next scheduled day with us? I would be happy to talk then, and personally work with you a bit to see if we can get you to the next level (contrary to what some may think, that is the goal of all of the CRs - to make each rider better and help them take their riding to the next level).

Joe Vital

way to go matt, another 'i need a bump' thread killed' before i was able to to suggest this guy listen for the pop and the thread was able to really spiral out of control...this place used to be fun...

(for those that don't know about the pop: it is impossible, sometimes, to hear what others are saying because of cranium rectumitis, yes it is real ask Dr. Dave. what typically happens when one finally removes their head from their ass they hear a loud pop. this pop apparently clears the ear canal. thus listening can begin.)

btw: pitmomma is hawt!!!!

hank

Excellent and well thought out responses!

In the end, the quick and dirty rule of thumb is 'if you have to ask, you aren't ready'....

Seriously, when the time comes for a bump, the CR's will find you and let you know - they really are that good at spotting what it takes... and as mentioned above - you will appreciate their criteria guidelines and discernment.

Landshark

Control Rider
:bumpme::crs::hand: Placing someone in "A" that isn't ready is just a really bad idea.

It's not speed or times. At the next level you'll need to more self control than you are exhibiting. I bet you are super smooth at a slower pace but you need to be that way even when things around you are unraveling.
If you went to a new track could you be up to speed and online by lunch? Thats pretty much whats expected of you in "A". If you aren't up to speed would you move yourself down or would you stick it out because your so competitive?

I'm not trying to bash you. My neighbor is like you. He had to move up, he had to try and keep up, he wanted to show everyone he's fast..... he BROKE HIS FRIGGIN NECK! Please, I urge you to step back and look at your life as it is. Your older you know you can't buy time. You also know you can't roll it back either.

Blaise

Marcmcm;15804 wrote: 1:25's isn't exactly A group pace at Main with NESBA. There are guys in the A group turning 18's and 19's. I'm turning consistent 25's in I group and I don't have a problem with the traffic.
That's for sure, because you know how to pass! :D That turn 9 pass was awesome.

"Hi Blaise!" *Wave* "Bye Blaise!" :moon:

Intermediate group is awesome. There's really no need for a bump just to keep your pace... if you're faster, you can just go around! The few times A riders went out there undercover, I got passed on the outside like it was standing still.

In case I didn't mention it enough, I group rocks. SO MUCH FUN! :D :D

ridelater

this seem like a good time to post
:shutit::crs::shutit:
i will never win the post count race, you guys are just to good!

Blaise

ridelater;15852 wrote: this seem like a good time to post
:shutit::crs::shutit:
i will never win the post count race, you guys are just to good!
Brew Crew guys... were you running a timer at all this weekend? I had a fantastic time riding with you two. :D

JVance

I have been there, frustrated in the I group and watching people I was passing get bumped to the A group. Being told I was not ready and not given any reason why rider X that I was passing all day yesterday was. Never got an answer, I just pissed people off by asking about it. I finally got bumped, the next season. Maybe there is a reason you are not getting bumped, maybe not. Pissing and moaning on here won't help. Posting your race results didn't really help either. By clicking on your name it will give anyone all of your results for every race you were in with WERA. If you want the A sticker and don't want to go through the process, what ever that is, go race for a season and earn an expert plate. As of now if you can show an expert license you can get into A. And for the record, I have a friend running 1:23's around summit in the I group and he hasn't been bumped either.

Funny post to start this thread off though. When I did get bumped I had a ratty bike (cosmetically), drove an old SUV and pulled a cheap Lowes open trailer. I didn't have any blue tape though.