New carolina track

HokieRider

I was at the Motorcycle show in DC yesterday and i was talking to one of the Pro-Motion, and they were telling me about a new track just south of the N Carolina line, in Garysburg, NC.

Aparently it used to be a test track for cages, called the North Caroline Center for Automotive Research, for a long time but now its the official ART training facility. Has anyone heard about this? It looks like a great, technical track, but still wth good speed.

It would be great if we started riding here...its nice and close to me :)

11-0930-094.jpg

noobinacan

there's a lot of potential there for a bike to go off and collect someone on the other side.
will definitely needs barriers if bikes are to run there and an air fence.

Wawazat

Looks like the perfect place to practice trail-braking. I wanna go!

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Wawazat

madriders86;228757 wrote: heard TPM was going to run their exclusively
Their exclusively what? ...or did you mean THERE exclusively?

B. Myers

looks cool...wondering about the pit area and cornerworker stations. Guessing pit area will be like Patriot..

D-Swens

that rumor of that specific track/facility has been circulated for years, esp on the WERA board. That place is SERIOUSLY lacking in facilities to host anything other than closed testing. Biggest problem is run-off, running onto other sections of track. Wasn't designed as a layout to house multiple vehicles on track...

None the less, it would be AWESOME if they could figure out a way to get us ridding there...

hooligan998

Checked out their site, http://nccar.us/ I would love this to be more than just rumor. This would mean a track just over an hour away. Apparently, the current layout is only the first phase. Potential track length could be over 4 miles when finished. Check it out.

jcrich

Well if you read through the website, the About says this:

About NCCAR - Purpose

Designed to exacting standards, the North Carolina Center for Automotive Research (NCCAR) is an independent, non-profit center devised to meet the ever-evolving product research, testing and development demands of the automotive industry. State sponsorship and affiliation with North Carolina’s university and community college system offers exceptional opportunities for matching the innovative talents of the world’s automotive industry with the research capacity and business development resources of the State of North Carolina.
I looked thru the entire site and did not see the word motorcycle mentioned anywhere.

And as was stated, it looks to need significant changes that would safely allow bikes on it.

B. Myers

TPM has confirmed dates for 2012 that they will be riding there. I'm a long time NESBA rider/member, not here to promote TPM, just stating bikes will be on that facility this year.

HondaGalToo

Control Rider
B. Myers;228817 wrote: TPM has confirmed dates for 2012 that they will be riding there. I'm a long time NESBA rider/member, not here to promote TPM, just stating bikes will be on that facility this year.
I've never seen the facility, but from what others have just stated, I hope that some improvements have been made so it's safe for motorcycles. Some folks here feel it's not safe as it currently stands.
Many clubs run at tracks that nesba doesn't feel are truly safe for motorcycles...remember the whole Monticello thing? I never saw Monticello either, so I have no strong opinion as to whether or not it was really unsafe. Nesba said it wasn't safe for bikes, folks I know and trust who rode there said it was no worse than other tracks.

noobinacan

like adding alligator curbs...
then after a year, upgrading those curbs and add a backwall, so any wreck is magnified ten fold.

Wawazat

B. Myers;228817 wrote: TPM has confirmed dates for 2012 that they will be riding there. I'm a long time NESBA rider/member, not here to promote TPM, just stating bikes will be on that facility this year.
Wow! TPM has a lot of dates for there! I'll try out out and let you guys know how it is.

Hotbrakes

TPM stated they will be using air fence in the questionable areas. I believe they will be assessing it in a few weeks prior to hosting an event there. As long as they don't pack the grids it should be fun and relatively safe.