New carolina track

JohnS

"TPM is the exclusive 2-wheel service provider!" well if you want to try it out looks like you will need a TPM membership.

D-Zum

My 13 year old is faster than your President
#8 you just close your eyes and hope.

That barrier's GOT TO GO!

HokieRider

yeah i agree, that barrier is sketchy!!

maybe if they put some kind of air fence/barrier in front of it....but i dunno

definately no room for error entering the lollypop

Twiztedjester55

Doesn't matter which direction it is run, the guardrail is there. If they take the guard rail out any little mishap and you're going across the front straight. Also there is no pit lane with a decent pit out/pit in.

Godfather

Speed Limit

I saw somewhere where they will run "clock wise" and I also saw a video wit plastic water barriers in place where the "parking lot" is on the front straightway. Track entry is where the service road is at the southern part of the strait.

R/
Mike "Godfather"

truckstop

That doesn't look appropriate for groups of multiple bikes (or cars) at all... Even if they put up barriers and air fence to protect someone from hitting the armco, what's going to prevent a flipping/tumbling bike from going over it and landing on the straight?

Meh.

Wawazat

Twiztedjester55;229427 wrote: Doesn't matter which direction it is run, the guardrail is there. If they take the guard rail out any little mishap and you're going across the front straight. Also there is no pit lane with a decent pit out/pit in.
The direction determines how I negotiate that turn and start my drive out. For me, that turn isn't a make or break point; it's just something to consider.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

flynlow69

it'll be interesting to hear reports back. just seems the track turns are really close together in certain areas? i've only been off roading a couple of times but i seemed to cover alot of ground.

ball and chain and i may take a road trip and check out one of the td's. looks like a fun track if my concerns are unfounded. hard to judge without seeing it.

denbsteph

If you go to their website, they have a few pods with-in 30 or 40 feet off the track, water skiing anyone? Just lean back and peg it, you just might make it across to meet head on with a big ass oak tree. Myself and ADVrider are gonna head down there March 17th and see what all the hub bubb is about. I'm gonna spectate :popcorn:, Scott is talking about riding.

ADVRacer

You should definitely NOT ride there. Way too dangerous! Damn man, if you think about crashing all day, you're not having fun. Shit, sometime you crash. Hopefully you'll do it like me, on the last day of the season so you have all winter heal and fix your bike. I don't know too many people that ride on race tracks that do it because of how safe it is. Are you fricking kidding me.... It's 90 miles from my house! I'm signing up with TPM and it looks like I have a new home track. Look out guard rails and ponds, here I come, yee hah!

denbsteph

Skerd, who's Skerd? My common sense dog is still with me, yours ran away screaming, "I got to get the fuck away from this freak". Like you said, those pics were taken over 18 months ago, things may have changed, we will be there to see what the deal is. Knowing you, you will probably be the only human in existence that will sink to the bottom and ride that bitch out and hit a deer trail or two on the way back to the make shift paddock. It wouldn't surprise me one bit. Hell take the beamer out, if you do hit the pond, I don't see your head going under water, you could become a human periscope.:wow:

JRA

ADVRacer;229450 wrote: You should definitely NOT ride there. Way too dangerous! Damn man, if you think about crashing all day, you're not having fun. Shit, sometime you crash. Hopefully you'll do it like me, on the last day of the season so you have all winter heal and fix your bike. I don't know too many people that ride on race tracks that do it because of how safe it is. Are you fricking kidding me.... It's 90 miles from my house! I'm signing up with TPM and it looks like I have a new home track. Look out guard rails and ponds, here I come, yee hah!
I'm not about to question TPM's decision to ride this track because I know they care about the safety of their riders just like we care about the safety of ours. No amount of pictures and online opinions can replace a real world, in person assessment of the fitness of a track for motorcycles. Keep in mind though that ultimately the end user has to make the final call on whether they feel comfortable riding at any race track.

With that said, the above statement is way too lackadaisical for me. Even thought I think it's meant to be tongue in cheek, we just can't ever afford to adopt that kind of attitude because the stakes are too high. I think that most of the people who have expressed a concern here have done so because they understand that people die when it all goes wrong in this sport, and unfortunately too many of us have experienced that kind of loss lately.

Food for thought.

Godfather

Uh, did the light bulb just come on? Thanks for the lesson in Operational Risk Management (ORM) JRA.;-))

I think I can speak for myself. I see that track as a hot chick! It's been a while since I rode, and I WANT IT! I know she could be dangerous but..... Damn, do I have to act like a 44 year old man.

R/
Mike