New carolina track

denbsteph

Godfather:

Holla Holla Holla, Holla Holla Holla Holla, Holla Holla Holla Holla.........................damn I'm hollering at cha! Can ya hear me? HHHHHHHHHHHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLL........LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

HOLLA! That's pretty funny stuff. Yo brother Mike are ya Gay?, I know some Puerto Ricans that would love to have you!

Since you were watching me and my posting, do you know you are over a 100 posts now? BOP Secret Squirrel is always watching and listening and gathering intel!!!

Wawazat

I still have so much to do to get ready for this event... This better not be one of those down-to-the last-minute things.

Sent from my HTC Evo using Tapatalk

Wawazat

Unless your coolant drain plug breaks off like it just did... I'm not real happy right now.

Wawazat

FIXED IT!!! Water wetter filled and we're ready to go! F' YEAH!

Godfather

Dennis,

I holla'n at ya man! I like that video! anytime someone at work sends an e-mail with holla at me, I'll send the video...

R/
Mike

Wawazat

Now the uninformed military says I'm not allowed to ride... I'm still going to attend, just not bringing the helmet so I don't get tempted to hop on the bike. Know anyone that wants to buy my red(intermediate) group spot?

denbsteph

I rode my FZ1 out to NCCAR today and what a fantastic day to ride, either on the track or out for a ride, the top of my bald ass head can prove that OUCH! anyway, I spoke with "Sam" general manager of NCCAR for quite a while and he has some big plans for the 600 acre park. Sam stated he is going to expand northward and plans on putting in a corkscrew type "S" turn similar to Laguna Seca's famous "S" turn. That will be going on the back side of the course near the back "S" turn before hitting the hairpin turn. When it's all said and done, their will be 9 different circuits to run.

The corner workers were in constant communication with each other concerning the safety of the riders, Sam and another worker with a radio were constantly listening to what was happening. They did not have a problem with Black flagging someone. I was told, the ind who chastised you used to run flags for AMA road racing at their major events for numerous years. I did see several riders get pulled on Black flags and the constructive criticism ensued. TPM did have an Airfence at the Lollipop corner where the guard rail was. They also had another one at the hair pin turn as well. I was told, the Airfence was originally going to cover the entire guardrail at the lollipop but figured half of it was sufficient and placed the other half down farther on the track. Other than that, it looked like a lot of fun. TPM has exclusive rights for the next three years at NCCAR and from Sam's understanding, TPM has no desire to cock block any other organization's from enjoying the facilities. I did take some video, but I have to figure out how to download it to my Mac.

Dennis

Bad_karma

Bryan sorry to hear that your commander is being anal. Not new, my last boat's CO would not let any cheifs ride even to work.
Good luck
joe

snikwad

Wawazat;234702 wrote: Now the uninformed military says I'm not allowed to ride... I'm still going to attend, just not bringing the helmet so I don't get tempted to hop on the bike. Know anyone that wants to buy my red(intermediate) group spot?

what? why the fuk cant you ride? its a rider training on a closed controlled safe circuit.

denbsteph

Sam was very open, genuine and willing to converse with people from the M/C community. He was extremely busy Saturday afternoon, he is a multitasking son of a gun. He was talking to me, listening and communicating with his staff, watching the track. He was even giving me pointers on how to run the lollipop correctly, hell I wasn't even riding!!, but he took his time to carry on conversations with anyone that spoke with him. At one point he jumped on his four wheeler to go chase down some ind's riding dirt bikes in a restricted area, he knew who they were and it was just a matter of time before he caught up with him.

There was not much constructive criticism coming from me, as far as I can tell ( I'm not much of an expert in this area), his staff are really trying to hard to keep everyone safe, but to have fun at the same time.

Wawazat

FIRST REVIEW: THIS TRACK IS SWEET!

It's designed to challenge cars/driver. Being on a motorcycle doesn't make it any easier! The track does have a flow to it. With that said, you HAVE TO be familiar with the track. There are no reference points ANYWHERE! As you would expect, this requires you to know where you are at all times.
The track is glass smooth and had good grip. It treats tires very well!
This track will also test your fitness! Be ready.

The vicinity of the carousel("Off Ramp") to the Front Straight poses NO ISSUE to the safety of riders on either side of it. You aren't pointed at the wall from the way you enter that turn. There were air barriers in place in case of that unlikely circumstance.

There are a few downsides. While the paddock is quite large, it is all rocks. Maybe 80% of the bikes were parked on the road next to it thus making you walk more than need be. A makeshift floor helps. i.e. carpet or plywood.
One mens and one ladies shower. I didn't use them but I heard good things about the ladies shower.
The PA system was garbled, but effective.

Overall good day. I was impressed, considering it being a new facility open for the first time to the motorcycle community.

BrianR6

Wawazat;234883 wrote: FIRST REVIEW: THIS TRACK IS SWEET!

It's designed to challenge cars/driver. Being on a motorcycle doesn't make it any easier! The track does have a flow to it. With that said, you HAVE TO be familiar with the track. There are no reference points ANYWHERE! As you would expect, this requires you to know where you are at all times.
The track is glass smooth and had good grip. It treats tires very well!
This track will also test your fitness! Be ready.

The vicinity of the carousel("Off Ramp") to the Front Straight poses NO ISSUE to the safety of riders on either side of it. You aren't pointed at the wall from the way you enter that turn. There were air barriers in place in case of that unlikely circumstance.

There are a few downsides. While the paddock is quite large, it is all rocks. Maybe 80% of the bikes were parked on the road next to it thus making you walk more than need be. A makeshift floor helps. i.e. carpet or plywood.
One mens and one ladies shower. I didn't use them but I heard good things about the ladies shower.
The PA system was garbled, but effective.

Overall good day. I was impressed, considering it being a new facility open for the first time to the motorcycle community.

this is my exact review from last weekend.