New from Charlotte, NC

lshawngentry

Since I've never posted to this forum, and I'm such a new rider, I figured I would start here. I rode all last season with NESBA SouthEast after buying my first bike at 39yrs old - a 2009 Ducati Monster 1100 and putting only 600 miles on it before taking it to my first track day at Roebling Road. So basically, I spent last season not only learning track riding, but learning how to ride ON the track. I did 19 track days total, 16 with NESBA.
My good friend Brad O'Dell insited that I wasn't 'too new' to start riding on the track, and that it would help me tremendously with my riding in general. He was so right. Everyone says it's 'a sickness' - and I'm already completely infermed. I sold my 2004 Jeep Rubicon to fund my addiction, buying a 2001 Yamaha R1 track bike towards the end of last season.
So, when you see the #14 Black R1 with BioWeapon stickers, that's why I'm so slow!
Nesba has been such a great experience - I look forward to many more track days this season. and I can't wait for Road Atlanta next weekend!

JRA

lshawngentry;116904 wrote: Since I've never posted to this forum, and I'm such a new rider, I figured I would start here. I rode all last season with NESBA SouthEast after buying my first bike at 39yrs old - a 2009 Ducati Monster 1100 and putting only 600 miles on it before taking it to my first track day at Roebling Road. So basically, I spent last season not only learning track riding, but learning how to ride ON the track. I did 19 track days total, 16 with NESBA.
My good friend Brad O'Dell insited that I wasn't 'too new' to start riding on the track, and that it would help me tremendously with my riding in general. He was so right. Everyone says it's 'a sickness' - and I'm already completely infermed. I sold my 2004 Jeep Rubicon to fund my addiction, buying a 2001 Yamaha R1 track bike towards the end of last season.
So, when you see the #14 Black R1 with BioWeapon stickers, that's why I'm so slow!
Nesba has been such a great experience - I look forward to many more track days this season. and I can't wait for Road Atlanta next weekend!
Welcome to the board Shawn!

DFlowe

We need another Charlottean to join our ranks. I live in East Charlotte or the Mint Hill area and there are a good many of Nesbian's in and around Charlotte. If you're going to be at Road Atlanta this weekend, let me know and I'll look you up.

lshawngentry

I'll be at RoadAtlanta all weekend! Can't WAIT...will only be my second time there and last trip was this past December / in the 30s all weekend! brrrrr

NCDave

Welcome Shawn. I'll be at Road Atlanta on Saturday. I just started last year too, but I didn't ride nearly as many days as you. You definitely have an illness! :D

corymac

I live up in concord. Welcome to the club. I'll be at Road Atlanta on Saturday in I group. Bike #72 yellow R6. Can't wait to get there.