New From Erie

Slyncka

Hey guys, my name is Ryan and I've been dying to do a track day for about 2 years now. You can probably imagine its pretty overwhelming for a new guy to get out there for the first time but I've never seen a group that makes it seem this easy to get started.

I had a few questions that I hope haven't been asked over and over again, I did read the manual so I did get a pretty good idea but I just wanted an opinion on a few things...

My first concern was my gear, I have a pretty good alpinestars leather jacket and textile pants, they zip together so I assume that will be fine for the intro group. I just got nice new leather gloves that do come over the wrists but they arent the big gauntlet kind that go all the way up. Boots and helmet are both not an issue.

My other main concern is getting the bike there, I can get a truck no problem and load it, but once I'm there I'll most likely be on my own and have to unload it and load it back up myself... is there a good way you guys do this alone?

Also, do many people keep their street plastics on the bike? I wasn't exactly ready to spring for other fairings at the moment. The bike is an 07 600RR. The setup seems pretty easy too so that shouldnt be an issue

My main goal here is to get safer (and faster too) and the track seems like a great place to do it. We had planned to go down to Tennessee in May but the rock slide has kind of put a stop to that, and at the track I wont have to worry about an 18 wheeler being in my lane around a turn.

Sorry for the long post, but its been a while coming and I think I'm ready to do it, April 17th at Beaverun looks like the date too, itll be one of the first times on the bike in a while because of the snow, so hopefully I can take it out before then and get used to it again.

Thanks!

Yank 521

Control Rider
i am also from pa, south of pittsburgh and also have a place in erie to. so welcome to the addiction. as of the gloves, i'm not sure. loading and unloading, we use ramps and look for a lil hill to unload. if none are around nesba members are always ready to give a helping hand. but sometimes you gotta ask for help which is no problem. beaverun is close to you, about hour and a half and it is a great track to start. fairly easy to learn and tons of grip.

dudette

Welcome to the addiction. I have an 07600cbr rr also. just found new race plastics for $280 on ebay. I low sided last yr at njmp :doh: and messed up my stock plastics. If you can do it go with race/track plastics.
Donna "I" #626

geckert

As far as loading and unloading I use 2 ramps. One for myself to walk up beside the bike and one to roll the bike up. I do it with the bike running It seems alot easier and much more stable. put it in first use the clutch and throttle to run it up in. Just make sure you dont dump the clutch or you could end up with a busted bike and truck. You can also just ask anyone in the pits to help you push it up or unload I think almost everyone would help you out.

Slyncka

Sweet, I think I'm just going to exchange the gloves either way just to be safe, theyre brand new. I guess theres a good chance I'll be there on the 17th... I really appreciate the replies

mac

another erie guy here, not new to the track but new to nesba. there are a few guys in town that do trackdays. im watching the weather hoping to get to beaver 4/18.